The Beatles discussion thread

I'm joking dude. And before this goes the typical "back and forth" crap that happens on here too much, I'll just say I was joking as I don't like Rock Band as I count Rock Band in the same group as games like Wii-fit. You like it and think the statement I just said was "Wrong!" good for you.

Okay? Okay. :)

(Disclaimer: if this seemed harsh or what ever it was not intended too this post was meant as joke but after reading it and realising you can't sense tones on internet it seemed like was been dick for no reason when that was not the intention)

Last edited:
Apparently once you've played Beatles Rock Band you cannot stop.

I enjoy Rock Band. I don't think $60 for 45 initial songs is worth it, let alone many of those songs being less than 3 minutes. I think 60 songs at $60 is negotiable. Rock Band 2 had about 80 songs or more and maybe ten of those songs, I don't play. Considering the same for the Beatles, I don't think the price os worth it. I don't know, for the time supposedly put into the game, it sure seems like a bit of a short sell and more of a cash cow for all the tech snobs and gullible money wasters to get their hands on the overpriced bundles.

I think the worst part of it is, you have to pay seperate for the two guitars at over $100 each.

45 songs was a bit of a jip, and sure they're short (played through story mode in about 3 hours 40 minutes) but it's great fun, (a bit of a cinch on guitar though, vocals/bass/drums are tricky though)

the dreamscapes for the songs they recorded at Abbey Road were freaking amazing, made it entirely worth it

The music sounds great. But the packaging is...meh.

I'm not a huge fan of cardboard covers because they are so easily bent, nicked, etc. These are a little thicker and glossy so maybe they will hold up better but I don't think so.

The new linear notes are OK. The print job looks kind of cheap but the info is good.

I'm disappointed with these releases because I would have hoped they would go all out and include singles/b-sides, alternate takes, etc. There were some bootlegs made by a group called Purple Chick awhile back that did this, mastered from original vinyl, and were awesome. Even if it was stuff taken from Anthology, it would have done a lot to show the historical significance and development of the music.

I'm also irked that they didn't standardize the CD spines. The first half are similar but the rest are all different.

And I'm also irked that they didn't use the red apple on Let It Be. They have it on the back cover like it was on the original LP but the vinyl label had a red apple too.

I'm watching Across the Universe. Maybe it's because I started watching about 20 minutes into it, but I think this movie is stupid. It looks like a big music video. Even for a musical, this is pretty stupid.

I'm watching Across the Universe. Maybe it's because I started watching about 20 minutes into it, but I think this movie is stupid. It looks like a big music video. Even for a musical, this is pretty stupid.

I didn't even watch it. The soundtrack was awful enough.

It has some good bits but is pretty lame overall. And now I can't listen to Doctor Robert without thinking of Bono, which annoys me.

Latest posts

Back