The Beatles discussion thread

Re: Teh Beatles OMG FINALLY LOL!!!!!!1111111

Why the HELL are they not on i-tunes?

Edit: I just checked, they are now, they used to not be, but its very slim pickins.

Last edited:

Actually, that's ****ty bootleg crap. its one album, right???? beatles+tony sheridan??

do NOT get that. Get anthology 1 if you want that.

ugh. itunes doesnt have it because of disputes over the product name APPLE, plus, michael jackson, or sony, or someone owns the catalog, plus, i dont even know if i'm right...

oh, hey, if you search for just "beatles" on i tunes, you get a random assortment of their songs. VERY random. I reccomend:.....wait, its just soundbites.

.........i HATE i TUnes for selling this ****.

The one that showed up for me was greatest hits vol. 11

Aw screw it when I go home I'll just borrow my niece's cd and burn it.

I searched under The Beatles

Last edited:

yeah, thats the one im talking about too. DO NOT BUY THAT. its like a dj mix or something so you can play guitar over it. it is teh suxxor.

marvelman said:
.........i HATE i TUnes for selling this ****.

Tell me about it, I tried to get The Joker by The Steve Miller Band, they got the album the Joker, and The Joker covered by several artists, but not the ****ing original song. No ACDC either.

or ledzep.

or teh beatles.

I heart the beatles.

so does E. so this should be E approved.

Come to think of it I thought that E already had a Beatles thread.

shhhhhhhhhh.... that's a site anyways... and there was a beatles album thread, but that's too darn specific. that's why we have teh beatles OMG FINALLY LOL!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

marvelman said:
shhhhhhhhhh.... that's a site anyways... and there was a beatles album thread, but that's too darn specific. that's why we have teh beatles OMG FINALLY LOL!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

Got it. I'll keep this on the DL. :wink:

There are a lot of artists who either own their own recordings or have significant say in their distribution (Beatles, Led Zeppelin, etc.) who aren't on iTunes or any other download service. Not sure why.

Actually there was some sort of agreement reached to distribute a John Lennon (I think) album on a download service, but I don't think it was iTunes.

The Beatles sued Apple waaaaaay back when for using the Apple name, which of course is the name of the Beatles' partnership. They settled by agreeing that Apple (computers) would not go into the music business. Then of course with iTunes, they did. I believe there is a lawsuit pending on that still. I don't remember if it's been settled or not.

E said:
Actually there was some sort of agreement reached to distribute a John Lennon (I think) album on a download service, but I don't think it was iTunes.
It was Yahoo. For the 25th anniversary of Lennon's death.
E said:
The Beatles sued Apple waaaaaay back when for using the Apple name, which of course is the name of the Beatles' partnership. They settled by agreeing that Apple (computers) would not go into the music business. Then of course with iTunes, they did. I believe there is a lawsuit pending on that still. I don't remember if it's been settled or not.
Not.

marvelman said:
Teh Beatles. Discuss.
jbadult.gif

Last edited:

Marvelman - did you pick up the new Capitol Records set yesterday? They screwed up the mono on 2 of the albums and there's a big stink around the web about their exchange policy

1027_4_079.jpg

E- I heard about that... I am not buying the Capitol releases though because I have all the Beatles' catalogue on CD and iPod and I make my own Capitol playlists on the iPod; I know they are remastered but I think they will remaster the UK releases eventually, and I am waiting for those...:x

marvelman said:
E- I heard about that... I am not buying the Capitol releases though because I have all the Beatles' catalogue on CD and iPod and I make my own Capitol playlists on the iPod; I know they are remastered but I think they will remaster the UK releases eventually, and I am waiting for those...:x

They just confirmed yesterday they are remastering the entire catalog.

The Capitol albums aren't just different play orders. The US mixes were different and some of the songs had "extras".

O yeah, i understand that, but the UK versions, overall, are supposed to be superior... from what i've heard.

Latest posts

Back