The Beatles discussion thread

I was going to wait until Christmas and make someone get Beatles Rock Band for me because I'm cheap and Christmas break will be the only time I have to actually play it, but seeing this makes it really hard to wait:

[youtube]JbgZ1opIZNU[/youtube]

Wow... that is fantastic. I want a movie.

supermanheartsringo.jpg

I'd give you POTD if it was in my power.

I love how Superman assumes that Jimmy could never reach John or Paul level popularity. Or alternately, Supes is a huge Ringo fan and really meant it as a compliment.

I've seen it documented a few places that Ringo received waaaaay more fan mail than the others.

"Run For Your Life" is reeeeeeeally dark.

I love listening to differences in all of the different mixes. I had never heard the original stereo mixes of Rubber Soul and Help! until now, with the Beatles in Mono box set. And I can understand why they remixed them for CD in 1987. The stereo mixes sound very sloppy.

"Run For Your Life" is reeeeeeeally dark.
The wife beater's anthem.

Someone should hook it up with "He Hit Me (It Felt Like a Kiss)".

(No they should not)

[video=youtube;_xUijgqZ-xM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUijgqZ-xM[/video][youtube]_xUijgqZ-xM[/youtube]

Last edited:
The 1962-1966 and 1967-1970 albums (red and blue) have been remastered - they just came out yesterday. The packaging is similar to the new remastered albums.

They fixed the different 7s on the blue album title - that always bugged me. Ever since the original vinyl release, the 7 in 1967 and the one in 1970 were different - one was wider than the other.

Latest posts

Back