The Complaining About Life Thread

Do I get another free Elite edition, even if it's not within the warranty? I really don't see why I should have to pay for another one.

Didn't they extend the warranties to 3 years?

I don't know if this is serious enough to go into this thread, but I got my second Red Ring of Death in two years, yesterday while playing Guitar Hero. What a drag. I literally just got my new PS2 and then my current-gen console goes and breaks.

Do I get another free Elite edition, even if it's not within the warranty? I really don't see why I should have to pay for another one.

Do you have it confined because it really needs air and space to ventilate properly? Also they probably replaced it with another p.o.s. fan. I took mine to a custom pc shop and got it fixed with a hi-tech pc fan and some diamond connectors of some sort to replace those shoddy x-clamps. all for 80 bucks and a 1 year warranty and I get this cool blue glow in the back of the 360.

I don't know if this is serious enough to go into this thread, but I got my second Red Ring of Death in two years, yesterday while playing Guitar Hero. What a drag. I literally just got my new PS2 and then my current-gen console goes and breaks.

Third times the charm!

People's problems with authority. Not just in the "**** the police" sense. Just in general. then having the audacity to say I don't respect you? that's bull****.

some nutsack at work is window signing in my unit. for those who don't know, window signing is basically ghetto sign language. But instead of sign language you make out individual letters with your hands. so if you cup your hand it looks like a C. then an upside down V for an A etc. well talking from unit to unit is not allowed so we shoe them away from the doors. well this one guy was warned multiple times.

So after multiple warnings I take him to rack up, he refuses. No biggie because now his *** goes to lockdown where see says buhbye to his buddies. So from that he says I don't respect him because I tried to 'DEBO' his *** in front of his friends because he thinks he runs ****. I run ****!

I hate the fact that every single girl I have liked from 9th grade until now have had boyfriends. I hate the fact that if this continues until the end of the month I will be a 20 year old who can only imagine what it would feel like to like someone and have them like, let alone love, me back.

I hate the fact that this has gone on so long I cannot relate to my friends any more because they have had this experience.

I hate the fact that last year I knew.... knew.... that by this time this year all it would finally have happened, because there was just no way, no way, that 12 more months could pass and I would not like a single girl who wasn't already involved during this time.

I hate the fact that every single person I try to talk to about this just will not understand how serious it is to me. I hate how all of them just say "oh, all the good ones are always taken" and then try and change the subject when I point out that EVERY SINGLE GODDAM ONE OF THEM has been able to find "good ones" who were not, AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN since they were fif-****ing-teen and cannot imagine who they would be if they hadn't.

And I hate how they're all a bunch of useless, lazy flakes anyway who would rather sit around and have just one more beer, just one more beer, when there is an entire ****ing carnival going on outside, INCLUDING A LITERAL CARNIVAL, and the only one who actually DID get active about these things ****ing DIED back in March, and that after he did we all got together and had a great day to celebrate him and then afterwards everybody just forgot all over again, everybody but me, as always, over and over, for my entire teenage life, which will end in a month and HAVE ACHIEVED ABSOLUTELY ****ING NOTHING DESPITE HAVING WANTED IT MORE AND TRIED HARDER THAN ALL MY STUPIDER, UGLIER, SHALLOWER, MEANER, LESS FUNNY FRIENDS WHO CAN. NOT. UNDERSTAND HOW CRUCIAL THIS ONE THING IS TO ME BECAUSE THEY HAVE NEVER HAD TO EVEN ENTERTAIN THE IDEA OF NOT BEING ABLE FIND AT LEAST ONE GIRL THEY LIKED WHO WAS SINGLE.

Including my father, who I used to love, whose relationship with me has been wrecked in the process because I resent his completely misunderstanding advice("Just don't let it bother you!", "Well, the important thing is not to blame yourself!") so much I can't even stand to talk to him anymore, so I'm always curt and sarcastic and we just argue all the time and I DON'T ****ING CARE.

Last edited:
People's problems with authority. Not just in the "**** the police" sense. Just in general. then having the audacity to say I don't respect you? that's bull****.

some nutsack at work is window signing in my unit. for those who don't know, window signing is basically ghetto sign language. But instead of sign language you make out individual letters with your hands. so if you cup your hand it looks like a C. then an upside down V for an A etc. well talking from unit to unit is not allowed so we shoe them away from the doors. well this one guy was warned multiple times.

So after multiple warnings I take him to rack up, he refuses. No biggie because now his *** goes to lockdown where see says buhbye to his buddies. So from that he says I don't respect him because I tried to 'DEBO' his *** in front of his friends because he thinks he runs ****. I run ****!

**** the police.

Dude, seriously, if half the **** I've seen on MSNBC's Lock Up series is true. You have every last ounce of my respect for what you do. I don't think law enforcement on any level gets the respect it deserves. **** hours, **** wages, life on the line, yeah you have my respect, and that gang punk can kiss the pastiest part of my ***.

Dude, seriously, if half the **** I've seen on MSNBC's Lock Up series is true. You have every last ounce of my respect for what you do. I don't think law enforcement on any level gets the respect it deserves. **** hours, **** wages, life on the line, yeah you have my respect, and that gang punk can kiss the pastiest part of my ***.

If half of what I see on The Wire is true, I'm totally joining the Baltimore Police Department.... So I can hang out with McNulty.

\m/ BODY COUNT!!!!!!!! \m/

I hate the fact that every single girl I have liked from 9th grade until now have had boyfriends. I hate the fact that if this continues until the end of the month I will be a 20 year old who can only imagine what it would feel like to like someone and have them like, let alone love, me back.

I hate the fact that this has gone on so long I cannot relate to my friends any more because they have had this experience.

I hate the fact that last year I knew.... knew.... that by this time this year all it would finally have happened, because there was just no way, no way, that 12 more months could pass and I would not like a single girl who wasn't already involved during this time.

I hate the fact that every single person I try to talk to about this just will not understand how serious it is to me. I hate how all of them just say "oh, all the good ones are always taken" and then try and change the subject when I point out that EVERY SINGLE GODDAM ONE OF THEM has been able to find "good ones" who were not, AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN since they were fif-****ing-teen and cannot imagine who they would be if they hadn't.

And I hate how they're all a bunch of useless, lazy flakes anyway who would rather sit around and have just one more beer, just one more beer, when there is an entire ****ing carnival going on outside, INCLUDING A LITERAL CARNIVAL, and the only one who actually DID get active about these things ****ing DIED back in March, and that after he did we all got together and had a great day to celebrate him and then afterwards everybody just forgot all over again, everybody but me, as always, over and over, for my entire teenage life, which will end in a month and HAVE ACHIEVED ABSOLUTELY ****ING NOTHING DESPITE HAVING WANTED IT MORE AND TRIED HARDER THAN ALL MY STUPIDER, UGLIER, SHALLOWER, MEANER, LESS FUNNY FRIENDS WHO CAN. NOT. UNDERSTAND HOW CRUCIAL THIS ONE THING IS TO ME BECAUSE THEY HAVE NEVER HAD TO EVEN ENTERTAIN THE IDEA OF NOT BEING ABLE FIND AT LEAST ONE GIRL THEY LIKED WHO WAS SINGLE.

Including my father, who I used to love, whose relationship with me has been wrecked in the process because I resent his completely misunderstanding advice("Just don't let it bother you!", "Well, the important thing is not to blame yourself!") so much I can't even stand to talk to him anymore, so I'm always curt and sarcastic and we just argue all the time and I DON'T ****ING CARE.

I hear you man. It seems like every girl around here that I've met lately is either married or to young.

And today... today sucked big time. I was looking up sport facts of the college leagues. And what should pop up. A picture of one of the players with his girlfriend, who happend to be The girl that got away from me (who I complaned about months ago, about how years ago this little brat convinced her that I was a creep. Cause she thought I was hitting on her. Then lied and made it sound ten time worst than if I had just hit on her. I'm just now re-earn the trust of some of my old friends.) I've been pissed off all day.

Last edited:

Heh.

Teenagers.

I hear you man. It seems like every girl around here that I've met lately is either married or to young.

And today... today sucked big time. I was looking up sport facts of the college leagues. And what should pop up. A picture of one of the players with his girlfriend, who happend to be The girl that got away from me (who I complaned about months ago, about how years ago this little brat convinced her that I was a creep. Cause she thought I was hitting on her. Then lied and made it sound ten time worst than if I had just hit on her. I'm just now re-earn the trust of some of my old friends.) I've been pissed off all day.

That utterly sucks.

Heh.

Teenagers.

No. Not Teenagers. Teenagers would be good. Teenagers have access to dozens of girls in states other than "seriously involved". Teenagers get to deal with the emotional adventure of being allowed to ask girls they like out, of successfully in doing so, of first relationships, of etc when they are still teenagers and thus have plenty of room to deal with those things and get a handle on them. Teenagers don't have to watch seven straight years of girls they like stay off-the-market within no relief in between to make it worthwhile. Teenagers don't have to deal with things like liking girls who are engaged.... ACTUALLY ENGAGED.... while all their other teenagers happily run into girl after girl who are completely unattached and have no clue.

I so wanted to be Teenagers. My friends all got to be Teenagers. And when the calendar said it was time not to be Teenagers anymore, to have access to teenage things, they were happy to deal with that because they'd been Teenagers for long enough. But I won't be, because I haven't, and I'm ****ing devasted by that.

Last edited:
That utterly sucks.

No. Not Teenagers. Teenagers would be good. Teenagers have access to dozens of girls in states other than "seriously involved". Teenagers get to deal with the emotional adventure of being allowed to ask girls they like out, of successfully in doing so, of first relationships, of etc when they are still teenagers and thus have plenty of room to deal with those things and get a handle on them. Teenagers don't have to watch seven straight years of girls they like stay off-the-market within no relief in between to make it worthwhile. Teenagers don't have to deal with things like liking girls who are engaged.... ACTUALLY ENGAGED.... while all their other teenagers happily run into girl after girl who are completely unattached and have no clue.

I so wanted to be Teenagers. My friends all got to be Teenagers. And when the calendar said it was time not to be Teenagers anymore, to have access to teenage things, they were happy to deal with that because they'd been Teenagers for long enough. But I won't be, because I haven't, and I'm ****ing devasted by that.

It's not like there aren't girls out there, dude. There are plenty. Plenty. You can't just go around coveting your friend's gilfriends or fiances. Go to the bars. Hell, go to a dating site if you have to. Nurture a relationship. That's the hard part. Even for teenagers, getting to a place where relationships are easy and comfortable is hard. It's just, it's easier to go to all that work when you're young and horny. Maybe you have to set your standards low and start with girls who aren't your "dream girl", but that's just how it works. Put yourself out there and don't dwell on the girls who are already taken. In my experience, nothing turns a chick off more than a bitter prick.... You know, unless you're a bitter, artistic, moody prick, in which case you're totally in.

God, I haven't been laid in 9 months. The last couple of girls I went out with were all religious. ****ing prudes.

Last edited:
God, I haven't been laid in 9 months. The last couple of girls I went out with were all religious. ****ing prudes.

Are you sure they weren't just saying that to get out sleeping with you?..

:p

Just kiddin'.

Don't worry I sure the slut of your dreams is just around the corner, or a street corner, or some darkened ally...

Just don't worry about it.

Last edited:
It's not like there aren't girls out there, dude. There are plenty. Plenty. You can't just go around coveting your friend's gilfriends or fiances.

To clarify, I have never coveted a friend's girlfriend. The girl's boyfriends aren't friends of mine, and if they are it's because I've eventually met them through the girl. I rarely know the girl is involved until after I become interested in her.

Go to the bars. Hell, go to a dating site if you have to.

These aren't exactly how teenagers meet girls.... especially the first, which people under 25 aren't even allowed to do in the evenings in most bars here.

Nurture a relationship.

I'm not sure what you mean in relation to my situation here.

That's the hard part. Even for teenagers, getting to a place where relationships are easy and comfortable is hard. It's just, it's easier to go to all that work when you're young and horny.

But that's exactly it. One of the things I'm upset by is that I haven't had the oppourtunity to go through that stuff and get to that place, when everyone I know has been doing it for years, and getting experience, and getting comfortable with it, and they'll probably be okay when something serious happens, good or bad, and I might not be.

Maybe you have to set your standards low and start with girls who aren't your "dream girl", but that's just how it works. Put yourself out there and don't dwell on the girls who are already taken.

I've been all through this, and I've been interested in very many girls who are only average and not my dream girl by a longshot, and they all had boyfriends too, and I've never dwelled to the point of not immeadiately going for the next one, only every next one has had a boyfriend too. I can't stress this enough.

In my experience, nothing turns a chick off more than a bitter prick.... You know, unless you're a bitter, artistic, moody prick, in which case you're totally in.

I'm really, really not that at all. But I'm afraid that if the situation takes too long to improve, I eventually might be.

Anyway, I really do appreciate the advice and don't mean to sound dismissive of it, it's just that I've already heard and tried all this for so long now and it just ends up the same way every time. The "you'll eventually find one that's not" loses all meaning after literally years of hearing it. The only part of the situation obstructing me is the one completely out of my control, no matter how much wider I've cast the net than anyone I know has had to by my age.

20 years old. That is not old enough to be complaining about being alone.

I think it's old enough to complain about having only ever been alone, especially since every person I know had successfully pursued and gotten into at least one relationship by, at the latest, 18, and usually more like 15-16, and I haven't even had the chance to fail at it, let alone succeed.

And a lot of it is also that I absolutely know I would be capable of getting a lot of these girls if they weren't involved.

Latest posts

Back