The Complaining About Life Thread

It's not like there aren't girls out there, dude. There are plenty. Plenty. You can't just go around coveting your friend's gilfriends or fiances. Go to the bars. Hell, go to a dating site if you have to. Nurture a relationship. That's the hard part. Even for teenagers, getting to a place where relationships are easy and comfortable is hard. It's just, it's easier to go to all that work when you're young and horny. Maybe you have to set your standards low and start with girls who aren't your "dream girl", but that's just how it works. Put yourself out there and don't dwell on the girls who are already taken. In my experience, nothing turns a chick off more than a bitter prick.... You know, unless you're a bitter, artistic, moody prick, in which case you're totally in.
Funny and true.

Pick up a guitar and learn one song. Preferably something angsty because true art is angsty.
These aren't exactly how teenagers meet girls.... especially the first, which people under 25 aren't even allowed to do in the evenings in most bars here.
What kind of college town doesn't have an underage drinking scene? Hell, all of my good drinking stories took place before my 21st birthday.

Mostly because the antics of that particular weekend convinced me to sober up.

What kind of college town doesn't have an underage drinking scene? Hell, all of my good drinking stories took place before my 21st birthday.

Remember this is Canada, where the drinking age is 19, as such they don't get to have nearly as much fun drinking underage as we do/did.

Funny and true.

Pick up a guitar and learn one song. Preferably something angsty because true art is angsty.

Will not be that guy.... I hate that guy.

There isn't much of an underage bar scene that I know of because most teens I know wouldn't bother with it. We're not underage to actually drink. It's 19 here, so it's much easier and cheaper to just legally stock up and drink with your friends at houses and not have to put up with that stuff than to find a bar that admits under-25s in the evenings.

But either way, school, work, and various parties should be more than enough to find at least one avaliable girl I'm into after six years straight of searching. It was enough for everybody else to find 2-10+. This isn't normal.

Oh, and Toronto isn't a "college town".:lol:

You could always find the ones with boyfriends who conveniently 'forget' about them....

I have. She currently goes through The Phases.

1. Horny

2. Guilty

3. Angry

4. Lets Just Be Friends (which, in my experience, lasts normally anywhere between 3 seconds to a day)

Last night, we hit Phase 3. Oh life can be so fun....

Remember this is Canada, where the drinking age is 19, as such they don't get to have nearly as much fun drinking underage as we do/did.
Oh yeah. That's gotta suck. Drinking underage is the most fun kind of drinking there is.
Will not be that guy.... I hate that guy.
Everybody does. Doesn't mean it's not effective.
There isn't much of an underage bar scene that I know of because most teens I know wouldn't bother with it. We're not underage to actually drink. It's 19 here, so it's much easier and cheaper to just legally stock up and drink with your friends at houses and not have to put up with that stuff than to find a bar that admits under-25s in the evenings.
Wait. You can't even get into the bar?

Canada is made of lame.
But either way, school, work, and various parties should be more than enough to find at least one avaliable girl I'm into after six years straight of searching. It was enough for everybody else to find 2-10+. This isn't normal.
Um... search harder?

Or lower your standards. That's all I've got.
Oh, and Toronto isn't a "college town".:lol:
Like I'm going to remember what part of Canada you currently reside in. For all I know you're a bilingual Québécois.

What I find the most amusing about the current trend of conversation, I've slept with girls who've had boyfriends at the time.

What I find the most amusing about the current trend of conversation, I've slept with girls who've had boyfriends at the time.

That's cause most girls arn't as anul about this stuff like most guys are. Most guys think that's a line you just don't cross. Some still will give in and do it (depending how lonely or horny they are), but most won't.

And Planet-Man, you are putting way too much emphasis on this. Trust me on that.

That's what I was thinking.

You have to let things grow organically. If you go out looking for a girlfriend it won't happen, because whether you realize it or not you have a preconceived notion of what the ideal girl is like and it prevents you - again, whether you realize it or not - from seeing girls who do not fit that notion as potentials.

You have to let things grow organically. If you go out looking for a girlfriend it won't happen, because whether you realize it or not you have a preconceived notion of what the ideal girl is like and it prevents you - again, whether you realize it or not - from seeing girls who do not fit that notion as potentials.

There's a reason why most people say they weren't looking for a girl when they found one.

That's the reason. Did I expect to find Sexynurse at a Christmas party?

No. I went to the party to have a good time, and she just happened to be there. After spending most of the party with her, then I started thinking of her as a girlfriend, and then, I went for it.

Another thing guys tend to do is hesitate. Don't. It never pays off to 'wait for the right moment'. Just go for it. Life isn't a romantic comedy.

It's true, it's true.

Sometimes people overestimate the sanctity of the boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

Um... search harder?

Or lower your standards. That's all I've got.

As I've said, I can't really think of a feasible way to search much harder, and my standards aren't really that high.

Like I'm going to remember what part of Canada you currently reside in. For all I know you're a bilingual Québécois.

It's stated in the upper right of every post I've ever made, the same as everybody else on the board.

And Planet-Man, you are putting way too much emphasis on this. Trust me on that.

I know this could easily be true, and I've tried to focus on it before, but the bottom line is that without being able to feel it for myself, first-hand, I just can't get my head around it being true.

I've heard the exact opposite too, that it really is all it's cracked up to be, from some of my smartest and happiest friends. And if some people think that opposite, the chance that I could have first-hand experiece of that if something worked out is just too incredible to put out of mind.

But either result could ultimately satisfy me and allow me to move on to other conquests, ending this whole dilemma. In the meantime, I am stuck wondering, all the time, because until I know, most other things just seem to pale in comparison to those reports of the best case scenarios.

For pretty much all of high school the organic thing was my complete approach, and that has been how a lot of my friend's relationships have happened, but nothing ever really came my way. I dated two girls in high school and I wasn't really interested in either of them. Both of them asked me out in the first place, both of them were dumped by me after a couple dates.

When it comes to looking for a girl meaning it won't happen, the thing is, it has happened, for a great many people I know after they went out and looked. Because the girls they sought, the ones who fit their preconceived ideals, just happened to be single. It forces me to ask why is this not the case with me, and only me, and none of them?

And you're absolutely right about me having those ideals too, and when it comes to the girls I've liked the most I've done so because they fit them, but I've been into legions of girls who I was well-aware would never fit any of those things and would probably end up being wrong for me, but I still wanted to try it just to see, another thing most of my friends have done, only they.... were.... taken.... too, every single time.

There's a reason why most people say they weren't looking for a girl when they found one.

That's the reason. Did I expect to find Sexynurse at a Christmas party?

No. I went to the party to have a good time, and she just happened to be there. After spending most of the party with her, then I started thinking of her as a girlfriend, and then, I went for it.

I know exactly what you mean, and I've had this EXACT experience a number of times. The only difference is that after the final "then" in that sentence, Sexynurse's boyfriend didn't show up, while for me that's been when they have every single time.

Another thing guys tend to do is hesitate. Don't. It never pays off to 'wait for the right moment'. Just go for it. Life isn't a romantic comedy.

I should mention that pretty much all of the relationships they've been in have been quite happy ones and that pretty much all the girls I like aren't the kind who would cheat if they were already happy.

But even so.... I've tried this too a few times too in cases where I didn't know they were involved until after I asked, but it's been "but the thing is.... I'm already seeing somebody", and that's that(and no, they're not making it up, I've eventually seen the proof in every case;)).

Anyway, again, I do really appreciate all this and don't mean to sound dismissive.

Last edited:
**** the police.

That Ice T **** is so invalid now. He plays a detective for crying out loud. He's got to like them on some level now.

Dude, seriously, if half the **** I've seen on MSNBC's Lock Up series is true. You have every last ounce of my respect for what you do. I don't think law enforcement on any level gets the respect it deserves. **** hours, **** wages, life on the line, yeah you have my respect, and that gang punk can kiss the pastiest part of my ***.

Ty ty. You should watch jail or gangland. We get some of those guys in jail.

That Ice T **** is so invalid now. He plays a detective for crying out loud. He's got to like them on some level now.

He never hated all Cops. Just the racist ones or the ones that generally abuse their powers.

Latest posts

Back