The Complaining About Life Thread

Christ that's terrible Doom, I hope you can manage to salvage something from this mess. Also, what the hell!? She couldn't give your dog to any family members or friends or something!?

I'm sorry to hear that, Doom.... That's just awful.

I know it doesn't compare, but it's now been 40 hours since I've had a cigarette. I want to throat punch a puppy.

Oh karma.....you wonderful *****.

So funny story.....

Since I haven't even heard from the Mrs since 2 random texts on Christmas morning (mostly complaining about being tired and wrapping presents), I decided to change my paycheck's direct deposit info (I don't pick up a check, it's just deposited automatically into the account I specify). I figured "surely when she wakes up on the 1st to see no money deposited into the account I should be getting some kind of email or text from her."

Well I made the changes and when I did, I added an extra 0 to my account number by mistake. So the military went to deposit my money, but since that account with the extra digit doesn't exist, my money is just out there in limbo.

Now I'm not worried because since this account doesn't exist, the money will just be returned to my Finance company and then simply added to my paycheck on the 15th. But until then........no funds. Which isn't so bad really. It's not like I'm needing to buy anything out here. And my rent is already deducted from my check automatically, so it's not like I'm in danger of her being evicted. She just has to wait 12 days for me to get paid (a full month's pay) in order for me to transfer money over for her to pay house bills. Not a big deal.

I merely found it ironic that in trying to keep money from her.....I have now kept money from myself. :lol:

......and this is the reason why I have reformed my evil ways (for the most part) and believe heavily in karma.

Oh karma.....you wonderful *****.

So funny story.....

Since I haven't even heard from the Mrs since 2 random texts on Christmas morning (mostly complaining about being tired and wrapping presents), I decided to change my paycheck's direct deposit info (I don't pick up a check, it's just deposited automatically into the account I specify). I figured "surely when she wakes up on the 1st to see no money deposited into the account I should be getting some kind of email or text from her."

Well I made the changes and when I did, I added an extra 0 to my account number by mistake. So the military went to deposit my money, but since that account with the extra digit doesn't exist, my money is just out there in limbo.

Now I'm not worried because since this account doesn't exist, the money will just be returned to my Finance company and then simply added to my paycheck on the 15th. But until then........no funds. Which isn't so bad really. It's not like I'm needing to buy anything out here. And my rent is already deducted from my check automatically, so it's not like I'm in danger of her being evicted. She just has to wait 12 days for me to get paid (a full month's pay) in order for me to transfer money over for her to pay house bills. Not a big deal.

I merely found it ironic that in trying to keep money from her.....I have now kept money from myself. :lol:

......and this is the reason why I have reformed my evil ways (for the most part) and believe heavily in karma.
MyNameIsDoom.jpg

I know this pales in comparison with Doom's stuff, but:

My part-time work contract is directly conflicting with my duties as Returning Officer (long story; is more important than it sounds) in college.

I need a contract where I'm only obliged to work weekends and my HR manager claims that there's none available, but I know of at least two people who have Sunday contracts who have left the job in the last two weeks, so either she doesn't give a crap and isn't bothered looking at these contracts, or she's lying and has already given them to a new person, who absolutely doesn't deserve that kind of benefit as much as I do.

I can't give up either job without letting a lot of people down and losing out on a lot of opportunities.

Last edited:
Can someone PLEASE explain to me WHY people listing to there ipods or the like, have to turn up the music as load as possible so that everyone within 20ft. can hear it screaming from their ear buds?

isn't that why they invented those so called "head phones" or "ear buds" or label those things "personal listening devices" ? what makes them personal if everyone can hear you? it doesn't make you cool, tight, hip, or punk, it makes you look like a retarded jackass that doesn't know how to use a simple device.

i can keep going, but that will be all for now

My grandma has been in and out of hospitals for the last few months. No one really knew what the illness was supposed to be. Last week she had an operation and it appeared she was getting better. This week, that's all changed. She's apparently had another operation and the doctors have discovered that she has a large tumour (something my family suspected for a while now). It sounds like she doesn't have long left. My mother is crying and trying to figure out how to get back to New Zealand to see her mother one last time.

I haven't seen my grandma in over a year and I don't know if I ever will again. I love her so much but I can't do anything. I would really like to go back to NZ and be with my family but I'm halfway through my current semester and I have so many assignments to complete.

I want to love life but **** like this makes it so hard.

I just went through something similar with my grampa. He developed a tumor on one of his lungs a few months ago and was in and out of hospitals for a while, gradually getting worse. He started to get a bit senile towards the end. In early January a bunch of family members went up to Ottawa to see him and get affairs in order. I spent several hours with him over the course of three days and talked with him a lot. He was completely normal and lucid with me which surprised everyone and we had like a half-hour one-on-one conversation while my dad and his siblings were having a meeting about the will. He told me about meeting his great aunt(who was born in 1840) when he was a boy, and asking my grandmother out for the first time when he was sixteen(they've been married for 62 years). I got to say an extremely definitive goodbye to him and I will always have the very last time I saw him, in bed, with my grandmother talking to him, permanently imaged in my head.

He died last night. It's been a huge tangled mess trying to arrange everyone to get up there for the funeral and even pick a day for it. Everyone's had to move, cancel, or miss plans. Argh. Here's hoping it works out.

I would recommend the serious busting of ass to get back to New Zealand that last time because you will have that for the rest of your life.

If and when your grandmother passes, I hope it is quick and painless. and remember she lived a very long life, and had the chance to see and do many things.

I leave you with an old quote

"it is best not to witness the passage of death, but to witness the honoring of the memory"

edit: I hope your grandfather had a painless passing planet-man

Last edited:
My grandma has been in and out of hospitals for the last few months. No one really knew what the illness was supposed to be. Last week she had an operation and it appeared she was getting better. This week, that's all changed. She's apparently had another operation and the doctors have discovered that she has a large tumour (something my family suspected for a while now). It sounds like she doesn't have long left. My mother is crying and trying to figure out how to get back to New Zealand to see her mother one last time.

I haven't seen my grandma in over a year and I don't know if I ever will again. I love her so much but I can't do anything. I would really like to go back to NZ and be with my family but I'm halfway through my current semester and I have so many assignments to complete.

I want to love life but **** like this makes it so hard.
:(

*Hugz*

Latest posts

Back