The Complaining About Life Thread

i got a dog two weeks ago, survived distemper. Long story short, he's probably gonna die anyway. he's quickly become a $200.00 money pit. sick dogs suck.

You don't need women when you have Boy Wonder Woman.

I'll just put this here:

Found out today that a family friend (from church)- her mother and 22yo daughter were stabbed to death around 4 am. The suspect (daughter's boyfriend) is in custody. What makes it even worse is that the daughter was possibly pregnant with twins....

:cry:

Last edited:
So last night was the first night I was able to get myself back out there in a llllooonnnggg time. Things went great at first but ended terribly. Also you guys know in movies when the lead actor screws something up and while driving his car radio plays songs that ironically describe what happen. Turns out that really happens, salt on the wound fellas, salt on the wound.

Also I considered starting a new thread entitled "Women, Am I Right Fellas, and Skotti" but considering Doom is the only one to discuss relationship regularly (WHEN HE'S HERE! What a dick) I thought it would be unnecessary.

Also you guys know in movies when the lead actor screws something up and while driving his car radio plays songs that ironically describe what happen. Turns out that really happens, salt on the wound fellas, salt on the wound.

This is my entire life. I have at least one documented example of a song that barely even makes sense in its own context existing apparently just to randomly describe several things that happened on a particularly good/bad day("The Purple Bottle" by Animal Collective), the day after it happened. It was like when Peter Griffin's driving while dying to go to the bathroom and keeps seeing stuff like "Flushing Meadows" etc, and then sees an add for "Bob's House Of Feces" and complains that "that one's not even real."

Last edited:
So last night was the first night I was able to get myself back out there in a llllooonnnggg time. Things went great at first but ended terribly. Also you guys know in movies when the lead actor screws something up and while driving his car radio plays songs that ironically describe what happen. Turns out that really happens, salt on the wound fellas, salt on the wound.

Also I considered starting a new thread entitled "Women, Am I Right Fellas, and Skotti" but considering Doom is the only one to discuss relationship regularly (WHEN HE'S HERE! What a dick) I thought it would be unnecessary.

can I ask what the.........."ahhh ****" moment was? (the point where everything started to go downhill)

Fiance went to to Canadia *blech* to visit her long lost brothers. I put last.fm on my radio and the first song that comes up; Long Gone Lonesome Blues by Hank Williams. I've been on a blues binge all day.

I'll just put this here:

Found out today that a family friend (from church)- her mother and 22yo daughter were stabbed to death around 4 am. The suspect (daughter's boyfriend) is in custody. What makes it even worse is that the daughter was possibly pregnant with twins....

:cry:
wow...
:(

Fiance went to to Canadia (so jealous) to visit her long lost brothers. I put last.fm on my radio and the first song that comes up; Long Gone Lonesome Blues by Hank Williams. I've been on a blues binge all day.

fixed

So I've been in Toronto with a working visa for the past four weeks, desperately trying to get a job so that I can stay here for as long as possible (no matter what, I'm legally allowed to stay in the country for a full year because of the visa, but I need $$$ to live).

Finally after weeks of searching, I get a phone call back from a well-known clothing retailer (an area where I have literally years of experience) telling me that they're willing to hire me and that they don't even mind calling someone locally because they don't want to make a trans-atlantic call to Ireland. Then, for some weird reason, the guy sort of says "Actually...I'll give you my personal email so you can get an employer to send me an emailed letter of reference...that might be better." :sure:

The way he emphasised that last bit seemed to imply that he definitely wanted to receive something that he could print and put in a file, or he wouldn't hire me. So I went about asking people from my last job to write me a letter, but they wouldn't because that's company policy. I had to call the Head Office of my previous job in Leicester, England, but because it was Friday and the time difference was +5 hours, the place was already closed for the weekend.

So I wait the whole weekend and get up at 6am today to call them and they tell me I have to (get this) FAX a request for a reference to them for "security reasons" (because a fraudster wouldn't be able to just a read a fax :roll: ). I have to haul ass down to FedEx, pay them $7 to send the fax (and just randomly call them whenever to check if they've received a response). I then call Head Office back up and they tell me that they can't check to see if they received the fax because they "have no access to incoming faxes" and that I have to wait 7-10 working days for any kind of response. :evil::evil:

This is ****ing bull****. There's a great big fat chance that I won't get this job now and this was pretty much my last shot. My one tiny glimmer of hope is that my good friend has a father in considerably high places writing me a character reference (which, while having nothing to do with my experience in retail, couldn't hurt).

I want to do unmentionable things to Bureaucracy right now. :x

So I've been in Toronto

Oh man that does suck. Anyway you should try calling the potential employer and explain the situation. Just make sure it doesn't sound like you're making excuses and present counter ideas if they don't want to wait 7-10 days, like you'll pay for the phone call whether or not you get the job.

So I've been in Toronto with a working visa for the past four weeks, desperately trying to get a job so that I can stay here for as long as possible (no matter what, I'm legally allowed to stay in the country for a full year because of the visa, but I need $$$ to live).

Finally after weeks of searching, I get a phone call back from a well-known clothing retailer (an area where I have literally years of experience) telling me that they're willing to hire me and that they don't even mind calling someone locally because they don't want to make a trans-atlantic call to Ireland. Then, for some weird reason, the guy sort of says "Actually...I'll give you my personal email so you can get an employer to send me an emailed letter of reference...that might be better." :sure:

The way he emphasised that last bit seemed to imply that he definitely wanted to receive something that he could print and put in a file, or he wouldn't hire me. So I went about asking people from my last job to write me a letter, but they wouldn't because that's company policy. I had to call the Head Office of my previous job in Leicester, England, but because it was Friday and the time difference was +5 hours, the place was already closed for the weekend.

So I wait the whole weekend and get up at 6am today to call them and they tell me I have to (get this) FAX a request for a reference to them for "security reasons" (because a fraudster wouldn't be able to just a read a fax :roll: ). I have to haul ass down to FedEx, pay them $7 to send the fax (and just randomly call them whenever to check if they've received a response). I then call Head Office back up and they tell me that they can't check to see if they received the fax because they "have no access to incoming faxes" and that I have to wait 7-10 working days for any kind of response. :evil::evil:

This is ****ing bull****. There's a great big fat chance that I won't get this job now and this was pretty much my last shot. My one tiny glimmer of hope is that my good friend has a father in considerably high places writing me a character reference (which, while having nothing to do with my experience in retail, couldn't hurt).

I want to do unmentionable things to Bureaucracy right now. :x

sucks...

were you down town for the G20?

so I wanted to see Inception again with some friends last night. We went to two different theatres and they were all sold out. So we saw The Sorcerer's Apprentice instead... :arrgh:

My one tiny glimmer of hope is that my good friend has a father in considerably high places writing me a character reference (which, while having nothing to do with my experience in retail, couldn't hurt).

:D

Well, I got the job because the employer very coincidentally called back later on that awful day and told me that he was going to just call the original Toronto family reference, and that he didn't really care about getting an external one. I also sent him that one from my friend's dad and that pretty much secured it.

It's a pretty good job although they do things a bit differently. I'm getting pretty good hours.

sucks...

were you down town for the G20?

[video=youtube;Lj-Gr4vTSRo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-Gr4vTSRo[/video]

Mostly just scary shots of "Peace Officers" marching around and we did see a kid getting arrested (although he did appear to be pretty high on something) but it doesn't come out very well in the video.

So things have changed a lot in the past few weeks. My third friend has left and gone off travelling, so it's just me and one other guy (who I don't know extremely well). We had to move out of our first place because we didn't book the second month in time to get the full month. We moved into a two-bed dorm room in a student residence and it was really fine for a few days and we got on surprisingly well, in spite of lack of any great kinship.

The problems started when my friend (who is a bit introverted and not very social) got shot down by a girl at work, who he has apparently really liked since the very start of his employment there. He's been a moany, whimpering sod ever since; never wanting to do anything or go anywhere and just complaining and whining when we do. Making matters worse is the fact that things are going extremely well for me in that department and I've been seeing a girl almost constantly for a couple of weeks. The first night she stayed over, he was fine with it, because he was hammered and didn't even know we were there. The second night (where we didn't even do anything or make any noise and just slept quietly in the bed) he got really pissed off the next day and said it was unacceptable of me, etc. We had specifically waited until he had gone to sleep (at something obscene like 3am) and then we specifically didn't make any noise or do anything. Baffling.

I called him out on his general rudeness (admittedly, I did this in front of Planet-Man and his sister) and he then unloaded a barrage of stuff about how he never really considered me his friend anyway and how he only 'tolerated [me]' up until this point in the trip (which has taken up two months of the Summer). The next day we had a massive fight about all of this stuff basically culminating in me saying that I hoped he could tolerate me for another two weeks or so.

Because our new place wouldn't let us move in for a few days, we sort of bounced around other places, which gave us some time apart, of which I was very grateful.

So now we're in a one-bed hostel room with a double bed and we're alternating nights on the bed (because he's that much of a homophobic dunce) and he won't even allow her into the room on my nights simply because I should know 'why'. After I repeatedly promised that nothing would happen, he still claimed that he wasn't going to believe "one of [my] promises" and when I asked him when it was exactly that I actually broke his trust and one of my promises he claimed that I was just "generally dishonest".

I can see where his problem is, but I can safely say that if our roles were reversed, there would be no problem. Also, if he was anyone else and this was happening (even more than it already has), they wouldn't give a damn about this kind of thing. I'm starting to wonder if it's just some sort of weird religious thing.

**** that guy.

Latest posts

Back