The Complaining About Life Thread

My grandma has been in and out of hospitals for the last few months. No one really knew what the illness was supposed to be. Last week she had an operation and it appeared she was getting better. This week, that's all changed. She's apparently had another operation and the doctors have discovered that she has a large tumour (something my family suspected for a while now). It sounds like she doesn't have long left. My mother is crying and trying to figure out how to get back to New Zealand to see her mother one last time.

I haven't seen my grandma in over a year and I don't know if I ever will again. I love her so much but I can't do anything. I would really like to go back to NZ and be with my family but I'm halfway through my current semester and I have so many assignments to complete.

I want to love life but **** like this makes it so hard.

Ugh...wish I had something to say that would help...

My grandma has been in and out of hospitals for the last few months. No one really knew what the illness was supposed to be. Last week she had an operation and it appeared she was getting better. This week, that's all changed. She's apparently had another operation and the doctors have discovered that she has a large tumour (something my family suspected for a while now). It sounds like she doesn't have long left. My mother is crying and trying to figure out how to get back to New Zealand to see her mother one last time.

I haven't seen my grandma in over a year and I don't know if I ever will again. I love her so much but I can't do anything. I would really like to go back to NZ and be with my family but I'm halfway through my current semester and I have so many assignments to complete.

Sorry, man.

I kind of pissed right now. I just got back from the gym. While I was there I found out one of the girls that worked there, (that is a good friend) got fired and for a crap reason. They said, that someone had complained that she was talking to much with customers and one time she wasn't wearing her uniform. From what I was told she was on her break and she was hot. She just has a hard time standing up for herself and she stood there and took it when the boss caught her.

And for talking to much with customers thing. Hello it's a gym. Having friendly employee's convince customers to stay with them. and I seen some of those times. the only time I've seen her more focus on one person was when her parents were the ones she was talking to. And she's was one of the hardest workers there.

sorry to hear that man. :(

sorry to hear that man. :(

Thanks, I wish I could talk to someone at my work for her. But I know we're not hiring right now. Before I got this job I spent 6 months unemployed. And I had another friend spend a year and three months unemployed, It's ruff out there. And this was her first job and having this hang over her isn't going to help.

I just realised I never posted an update about my grandma situation.

My mother ended up flying over to New Zealand for about a week just to find out what was happening. It sounds like my grandma has some form of bowel cancer. They're still discussing options but it sounds like she doesn't want to take chemo or whatever is being offered because she just wants to spend the rest of her life in peace.

She's out of hospital now and depending on how she feels, she might be coming to visit us later this year but no one really knows how much time she has left.

Thanks for all the messages everyone.

My mother ended up flying over to New Zealand for about a week just to find out what was happening. It sounds like my grandma has some form of bowel cancer. They're still discussing options but it sounds like she doesn't want to take chemo or whatever is being offered because she just wants to spend the rest of her life in peace.

She's out of hospital now and depending on how she feels, she might be coming to visit us later this year but no one really knows how much time she has left.

Well, she might be able to beat it yet. That has been known to happen. If she doesn't, I hope you get at least a chance to see her agian before she does pass on.

Good to hear...based on your last post, it sounds like a small miracle that a visit from her is even being considered, much less possible.

I had pretty much the worst argument ever with my dad tonight(and we've been having quite a few lately), but worse, I'm legitimately becoming convinced he's mentally ill in some way. Several times he'd make an outrageous claim, then swear up and down he never said it, at all, minutes later. He's been doing similar things to this in recent arguments but this was just clear-cut and scary. My mom witnessed the last few and she's extremely upset. I seriously don't even know what to do. This changes ****ing everything, and I don't know if our relationship can ever really be the same. He's only 59 and we don't really have any history of this stuff in the family but ****.... this feels like a nightmare.

The change in mood and personality plus not remembering things he should minutes later. Those are two out of the ten early signs of Alzheimer's disease, dude. I mean, I hope it's not but still...

The change in mood and personality plus not remembering things he should minutes later. Those are two out of the ten early signs of Alzheimer's disease, dude. I mean, I hope it's not but still...

:roll:

It could also mean a million and one other diseases that aren't as bad as that. Christ, go for the jugular why don't you.

To be fair I think that's the first thing a lot of people would think of(including me), and he actually has more like four or five signs.... I don't know.... like I said he's not that old and we don't have a history of it.... I'm hoping it's just some sort of prolonged, stress-related episode.

My wife is doing her clinicals and has to do 2 12 hour shifts, two nights in a row. She's actually doing really well with it, considering she can't completely change her schedule to sleep days. It's killing my sleep schedule those two nights though - I'm having a hard time sleeping when she's not here.

My wife is doing her clinicals and has to do 2 12 hour shifts, two nights in a row. She's actually doing really well with it, considering she can't completely change her schedule to sleep days. It's killing my sleep schedule those two nights though - I'm having a hard time sleeping when she's not here.

I can help with that.

To be fair I think that's the first thing a lot of people would think of(including me), and he actually has more like four or five signs.... I don't know.... like I said he's not that old and we don't have a history of it.... I'm hoping it's just some sort of prolonged, stress-related episode.

Why don't you go get him checked out at the hospital or something? It's better than second guessing yourself.

Just researching it myself, my dad's recent streak of behaviour actually seems to fit with somebody recovering from brain surgery, which he was.... five years ago, when he had a small tumor removed. He's had regular scans since then which don't show any damage and a full recovery, but the actual behaviour and triggers seem to be spot-on, i.e. unusual forgetfulness, frustration and gaps in logic. My mom and I have discussed just trying to deal with him in all the ways doctors recommend to help someone recover from this stuff, until we can get a better idea of what's going on. But he also has a really complicated and stressful job that he excels at, so hopefully it's just not debilitatingly serious overall.

Best of luck to you and your family Planet-Man.

I got some horrible bull**** that I'm dealing with right now. I'm not gonna go into the details...

Latest posts

Back