The DVD purchase thread

Seinfeld Season 9, and Transformers HDDVD.

Not really purchased as it came free with my grandma's paper and she gave it to me. But I got "Snow Queen" on dvd. Anyone seen this? it's pretty weird but also pretty cool at the same time

Not really purchased as it came free with my grandma's paper and she gave it to me. But I got "Snow Queen" on dvd. Anyone seen this? it's pretty weird but also pretty cool at the same time
Is that the Hallmark TV movie starring Bridget Fonda?

Today I picked up a film called Merlin: The Return for £5 in the dvd bin in gamestation today. The fact it was £5 and in the bin implies it's not a good film but I was some what curious about it after reading the back of the box it sound like it had some good ideas.

Not seen it yet though

Today I picked up a film called Merlin: The Return for £5 in the dvd bin in gamestation today. The fact it was £5 and in the bin implies it's not a good film but I was some what curious about it after reading the back of the box it sound like it had some good ideas.

Not seen it yet though
This is also the Hallmark based TV movie starring Sam Neill, right?

I liked the first one which was great --- it basically took liberties with the Arthurian stories and focused entirely on Merlin's decades long search for the one good ruler of Men, all the while hoping to see the end of his search so he can leave the affairs of Men.

It also had a decent story arc about the slow decline of paganism and the ascension of Christianity, but in a light that had absolutely no negative connotations for paganism.

Also, it's got Rutger Hauer which makes it double cool.

As for, the second one it stinks like yesterday's unrefrigerated goat cheese.

This is also the Hallmark based TV movie starring Sam Neill, right?

I liked the first one which was great --- it basically took liberties with the Arthurian stories and focused entirely on Merlin's decades long search for the one good ruler of Men, all the while hoping to see the end of his search so he can leave the affairs of Men.

It also had a decent story arc about the slow decline of paganism and the ascension of Christianity, but in a light that had absolutely no negative connotations for paganism.

Also, it's got Rutger Hauer which makes it double cool.

As for, the second one it stinks like yesterday's unrefrigerated goat cheese.

No , I want that one as I already have sequel on free dvd and wont watch till i get first.

This is another film none related

I just picked up Fido, the 50s suburban comedy movie about a boy and his pet zombie; Interview, Steve Buscemi & Sienna Miller starring in a remake of Theo Van Gogh's two-character conversational thriller and Thank You For Smoking, a hyperlibertarian assault on tobacco companies AND anti-smoking activism starring Aaron Eckhart.

I loved that Thank You For Smoking when I saw it.

I loved that Thank You For Smoking when I saw it.
*lights cigarette*

I'm still disappointed that Message From Sector Six didn't get made. Brad Pitt blowing smoke rings around Catherine Zeta-Jones flawless naked body would've been worth a ticket.

Smoke rings! Swirling around the nude female form!

It's genius!

I saw this recently. It's actually a pretty good movie. In fact, it's one of the best zombie movies I've ever seen.
Yeah, so I've heard.

I've been looking forward to this movie based on trailer alone. I make it a point to avoid buying DVDs I've already seen in the cinemas.

Today I got given Transformers : Two disc special edtion. It's not the transforming box one BUT it was a gift I can't complain plus the dvds are identical in the sets the only difference is box transforms and costs double.

I'm disappointed that there is like 4 special features (according to the box) one of which is commentary , I love special features on dvd's and this one had so much potential e.g why not do what comic book movies tend to do and give us a featurette that looks at the transformers legacy from comics to cartoons that would be really interesting.

Instead we get :
  • commentary - So? nearly EVERY dvd has that , it's not a special feature IMO as I can't think right now of more than 3 dvds with out it.
  • a look at cast , crew stunt crew and locations - ok that's cool.
  • A look at the transformers from military advisors and special efcts team - cool
  • an in deph look at the skorponok desert attack - cool
  • trailers and concepts

that's it? I'm sorry but 2 disks should have a lot more features the average 2disk dvd normally has : TV Spots , DVD ROM Weblink , Teasers , trailers , Deleted scenes , at least 3 Featurettes and at least 2 documentaries about it

Also while I was out Christmas shopping (see Christmas thread for details) I bought Nightmare Before christmas , I had this on dvd but last year I let a friend borrow it they said they gave it me back but didn't ,

They are not the type to steal , I know they must of lost it. So instead of been an *** about it I just figure **** it , it's not worth ruining a friendship over a dvd which they would of lost and actually think they must of given back.

Special edtion dvd too. (though for a "special edtion" the features are extremely lacking)

This is annoying me now , Spider-man 3 , Transformers and more movies are getting less and less features , Now for people who don't care about features it doesn't matter , but for people like me it's annoying.

I like to sit down and watch a film , then either same day or next day watch all the features. I find it interesting as hell to see how the came up with some stuff or even things like what lighting tricks work.

As some know i'm into directing as a hobby not saying i've done anything that's been on tv or anything , for me it shows how passionate a director is for them to be able explain how they did it or see them doing it.

I do not like Peter Jackson , I only enjoyed the frightners movie he did. HOWEVER the reason I mention this is I give the guy props for all the features on his dvds and shows that even though I don't like what he has done he is passionate about it and enjoyed doing.

George Lucas even if you don't like him , watch the prequel dvds. It shows how in to it he is and how he can talk for a long period about what he has done. I don't like Jar Jar at all but hearing him explain what he wanted for Jar Jar or why he went there makes me hate the charracter less.

I hope anyone who is reading this understands what I mean and maybe feels the same way or would like to express their opinions on lack of special features resonatly

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back