The DVD purchase thread

Today I bought Dark Crystal . Never seen it before but heard people on here say it's good. I looked it up and it looked like Labyrinth to me from what I saw online. I love Labyrinth so I bought it.

And in the right time too since the sequel is out next year

Last edited:
Dark Crystal is probably one of the most rockin'est puppet movies I've ever seens.

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMMMM!

There is also this female LT on base that looks like a gelfling. I mentioned this to someone and they had no idea what I was talking about. Ugh. Sometimes it's hard damn work being so ****ing awesome.

Today I found Kevin Costner's "Open Range" on DVD for like $9. I snatched it up so quick I almost got dizzy. It's one of the best "real" western films I've seen. If you liked "Lonesome Dove", "Crossfire Trail", or "Broken Trail".....you'll love this. One of Costner and Duvall's best films. I also found "3000 Miles To Vegas" for $5. I grbbed that one too. It's hilariously cheesy and awesome.

Today I bought Dark Crystal . Never seen it before but heard people on here say it's good. I looked it up and it looked like Labyrinth to me from what I saw online. I love Labyrinth so I bought it.

And in the right time too since the sequel is out next year

Ugh. I did not like Dark Crystal at all. Labyrinth was ****ing awesome though.

Today I found Kevin Costner's "Open Range" on DVD for like $9. I snatched it up so quick I almost got dizzy. It's one of the best "real" western films I've seen. If you liked "Lonesome Dove", "Crossfire Trail", or "Broken Trail".....you'll love this. One of Costner and Duvall's best films. I also found "3000 Miles To Vegas" for $5. I grbbed that one too. It's hilariously cheesy and awesome.

Both Open Range and 300 Miles to Graceland are good, but as you said for very different reasons. I worked at a video store when Range came out and couldn't get anyone to rent it. The few that did loved it though.

Ugh. I did not like Dark Crystal at all. Labyrinth was ****ing awesome though.

I've still not watched it :lol: Its here next to me but I always ignore it. I might watch it tonight before wrestling p.p.v

I bought East of Eden (I'm a big James Dean fan) and Brokeback yesterday. I was going to buy Rocky Balboa as well, but I figure I'll wait until it goes down in price.

I bought a dvd set that was on must buy tv shows.

Two and a half men season 1.

I re-did my DVD binder a few days ago. I keep them all in a 200 slot binder and its only got about 4 pages left. :cry:

I know I forgot about some that were out on loan too.

i have a movie and a tv binder, each one is meant to hold like 240-something DVDs, and I'm going to have to get another binder, because Two just isn't doing it anymore.

Also: Got Mission Hill on DVD. Pretty Sure I'm the only person who really liked that show.

Last edited:
i have a movie and a tv binder, each one is meant to hold like 240-something DVDs, and I'm going to have to get another binder, because Two just isn't doing it anymore.

Also: Got Mission Hill on DVD. Pretty Sure I'm the only person who really liked that show.

It had it's moments

I just got Pan's Labyrinth.

I'm debating whether I should get that South Park : The Hits Volume 1 DVD or not. I've always wanted to collect the SP DVDs, but I figure if I did this series, I would save a lot of money. What do you guys think?

Untouchables isn't great but its worth seeing

I've been feeling bad this week. When I feel bad I spend lots of money, frivoulously.

- Scrubs Season Four
- Scrubs Season Five
- Shaun of the Dead
- Merlin (the TV miniseries with Sam Neil)
- SNL: The Best of Parody Commercials

Woo! I am CRAZY!

Also, now I need to get the first three seasons of Scrubs, despite having seen them all...

I am unfortunately a completest.

Latest posts

Back