The DVD purchase thread

Today I bought First Blood (5.99 at Ross, *****es!), and the Alien Trilogy (19.99 at Wal-Mart, *****es!). That is an awesome, manly combo.

Today I bought First Blood (5.99 at Ross, *****es!), and the Alien Trilogy (19.99 at Wal-Mart, *****es!). That is an awesome, manly combo.
Even though the other one's primary hero is a female?

Oh wait, no, Ripley is beyond woman. She put the man in woman. :p

Seinfeld: Season 7
Been meaning to get this for a while (I already own the first six seasons) and now Play was selling it for 20€, so it was worth the wait to get it that cheap.

The Prestige
In the top 3 best movies of 2006 and a must-buy.

12:01
A movie I saw on TV about ten years ago and I have a distinct memory of being good.

Lucky Number Slevin
Dunno what to say about this. An entertaining movie and it was cheap so I bought it.

Les Claypool: 5 Gallons of Diesel
Les Claypool (frontman of Primus) is my idol! This DVD compiles stuff from his various and many projects outside Primus, including Sausage, Oysterhead, Frog Brigade and his solo stuff.

Ordered the first two from Play.com, the other three from Amazon. Also included in the Amazon order was the album Has Been by William Shatner. 8)

I bought True Lies for €2.50 the other day, having never seen it. It's actually an enjoyable romp, with some great Schwarzenegger-Vs-Terrorists cheese. Surprisingly, Jamie Lee Curtis is white hot in this film. I'm not joking.

I bought True Lies for €2.50 the other day, having never seen it. It's actually an enjoyable romp, with some great Schwarzenegger-Vs-Terrorists cheese. Surprisingly, Jamie Lee Curtis is white hot in this film. I'm not joking.

Jamie Lee Curtis is always hot man. No male has truly lived till he's seen her boobies.

Go get Trading Places or The Tailor of Panama to see what I'm talking about.

Love that film. One of my favourites.

You do realize that Jamie Lee Curtis, Jane Curtain, and David Bowie are all the same person though, right?

:( Why do I keep on Spending money?

-Scrubs Season Three
-Not Just the Very Best of The Larry Sanders Show
-Sports Night: The Complete Series

Seriously, I think I have a problem

The Office (the far superior uk original) - The Complete Series 1
The Office (the far superior uk original) - The Complete Series 2

I wish had bought the boxset with both seasons in as it has the christmas specials but instead I'll buy them separate off ebay or something. But still great comedy series , Over hyped (rated 1st in top 10 british comedies? please it's good but not only fools and horses , Porridge , black adder and more good)

Still both dvds on sale at hmv today £8 each.

Blockbuster owns my soul.

I bought Stranger Than Fiction, Thank You For Smoking, The Holiday, Talledega Nights, Brick, and Inside Man for $40.

I loved STF. Thank you Smoking was good, not great. I've seen Brick and TN before and loved them. Two more movies I have to go watch.

Last edited:
Stranger Than Fiction was really really good. I think it should have ended the other way though. Recently bought Rounders and Lock, Stock and Two smoking Barrels.

Here I thought you said Jamie Lee Curtis is always a hot man.

Too bad, it would probably be a more accurate statement.

Ha ha! I thought he said that too.

Anyway, I bought Rocky Balboa last night and I watched it soon afterward, for the first time since I saw it originally in the theater. It's still bloody awesome and Stallone's such an inspiration.

I saw Snakes On A Plane the other night and it was one of the funniest films I've seen in a while. Every time someone said the word 'snakes' I cracked up. Oh and Kenan saving the day was priceless.

I'm hoping by next month to hopefully get Ghost Rider & Night at the Museum on DVD. Last DVD I bought was the How I Met Your Mother season 1 set. Something everyone should have in their homes. :)

Yesterday I bought A Bug's Life. Today at Best Buy, there was a sale on Scrubs Seasons 1 and 2 (the only ones I don't own) : $20 each. I'm still kicking myself for not picking either of them up.

Latest posts

Back