The DVD purchase thread

today I got Barnyard and the Prestige still not seen either but they look cool

Night at the museum - yesterday

Today I walked in to my local dvd/cds/games shop to buy Red Steel on the Wii. I only took £40 with me. Then I saw it. "The New and Improved DX" 3-disk boxset.

Been waiting for somewhere in my city to get it in. (Wrestling dvds are not in shops as much now here). £25. I thought bugger red steel this is something I waited for I'll get.

As got near the counter I saw "Spider-man 2.1" I had cancelled it after hearing only 8 minutes extended only £10. So I picked that up as well to watch tomorrow along with my dvd of 1 before seeing 3 on friday.

not bad £35 for 2 cool dvds

Adv. of Brisco County Jr. The Complete Series $80

All wonderful and worth every penny

No. It's not. I watched every episode of that back when it aired on FOX right before the X-Files and loved every minute of it. But $80? I'm sorry. $50? Okay. $40? Deffinatly, Hell, I'd even concider $60, but $80 is was too ****ing much.

Last DVD I bought?

I think it was Groundhog Day. I got it really cheap for like €7 or something. Worth every penny. One of the best comedies ever made, if not one of the best FILMS ever made. Not to mention, the turning point of the film, halfway through is probably Bill Murray's turning point into becoming a serious actor.

Aesthetically, the euro symbol kicks the dollar symbol's ***. (and the dollar symbol can beat up the pound symbol any day of the week)

... just a random thought.

Last edited:
My review of the last DVD I bought...

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

Drop what you're doing, cancel all plans, run to the video store and buy this movie.

Five words: CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.

I saw it when it first came out, when I was 12, and really liked it, but upon seeing it again, my opinion of it has changed:

Jesus Christ Superstar, this is one of the best films ever made.

First of all, look at the cast. It stars Leo DiCaprio, who for my money is maybe the 2nd or 3rd best actor on the planet. It co-stars Tom Hanks, who for my money is THE best actor on the planet. Back that up with Martin Sheen, Amy Adams(she was nominated for an Oscar two years ago, and she's fantastic here), and CHRISTOPHER FREAKING WALKEN, and you've got one of the best casts in any movie ever. ALL OF THEM have either won or been nominated for Oscars, and all of them absolutely awesome here.

On top of that, it's one of the most beautifully shot movies you'll ever see. The cinematography and direction are just exquisit, in fact, I don't think I have ever seen a movie with better lighting. Chock that up to the director, one Steven Spielberg.

Did I mention John Williams did the score? And it's one of the coolest in movie history?

The story is just flat-out amazing, and based on the real life of Frank W. Abagnale Jr.

I can't really give this film any higher praise than that it just snuck into my Top-20 films of all time.

Love that film Planet-man and have it on dvd as part of my collection of Leo DiCaprio films.

Yeah, it's a great movie. Track down the book, Planet-man, it expands a lot of scenes and there are some the movie doesn't have that are written really well.

Today I bought : Flushed Away and Brokeback Mountain. Not seen either but flushed away looked kinda funny and Brokeback is meant to be Amazing.

The friendly postman deliver Richard Attenborough's Chaplin (the biography movie) to me today. Wonderful, touching and funny movie with a great cast. Robert Downey Jr. is excellent in the lead role. Others include Dan Aykroyd, Anthony Hopkins and Kevin Kline. And on an interesting note, Chaplin's daughter Geraldine Chaplin plays Charlie's mother, her own grandmother. And there's even David Duchovny before his X-Files fame. Well worth the 8€ it cost (just mentioned it to please DSF's eye).

Last edited:
Hogfather - 2 disk special edition

Not saw dvd yet but when this on tv back around christmas. I personally thought it was amazing and very very well done.

Last edited:
From the director of The Hulk: Gay cowboys Eating Pudding

I have bought nothing lately.

:lol: I knew gay cowboys. That's reason I didn't watch it. But director of The Hulk and Eating Pudding sounds bad.

Latest posts

Back