The DVD purchase thread

Both seasons of Extras, after my dad watched the first few on the net. Looking for the Christmas Special/Series Finale tomorrow.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen. Also, there are differences between the US versions and the UK versions of the shows. The US versions have various scenes edited.

Today i picked up :

Meet the parents : Ultimate special edtion & Meet the fockers , in a boxset
The Bourne Identity + The Bourne Supremacy , Extended editions in a boxset
The Bourne Ultimatum

Seen the "Meet the" films before and loved them. Not seen any of The Bourne films yet but people keep telling they are great and there is a computer game coming out of it soon that looks awesome so I figured I would try them.

Not watched any of the dvds yet.

As usual, some typically eclectic choices in this month's purchases.

Bounce Ko Gals, a 1998 film by film critic turned film-maker Masato Harada (he also appeared in The Last Samurai as the Meiji-era businessman Omura) which centers around the enjo kosai phenomenon.

Opening titles from the film:
[youtube]-loUlS541oQ[/youtube]

Watching the Detectives, a recent film which went straight to DVD after failing to secure a theatrical distributor. It features Cillian Murphy as a video store owner who vicariously enjoys the adventures of film. His life gets sent for a whirl when the deliriously unpredictable Lucy Liu drags him into all sorts of misadventures.

Trailer:
[youtube]CGFvnfb_sQE[/youtube]

In Bruges, about a pair of hit men played by Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson who, after a successful hit, are ordered by their boss (played by a very insane Ralph Fiennes) to lay low in Bruges, a small city in Belgium. Basically a darkly surreal tourist comedy featuring Dutch prostitutes, dwarf actors and medieval art set amidst the gothic storybook 'charms' of Flemish architecture.

Trailer, Unrated for some objectionable profanity:
[youtube]1khb-yphZ3c[/youtube]

I finally got the third season of Lost about a week ago, and have already watched about the first half of them. I don't seem to recall liking the third season much when I first saw it, but, watching it now and knowing where it's going, it's still a fantastic season, and miles ahead of season 2.

In Bruges, about a pair of hit men played by Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson who, after a successful hit, are ordered by their boss (played by a very insane Ralph Fiennes) to lay low in Bruges, a small city in Belgium. Basically a darkly surreal tourist comedy featuring Dutch prostitutes, dwarf actors and medieval art set amidst the gothic storybook 'charms' of Flemish architecture.

Trailer, Unrated for some objectionable profanity:
[youtube]1khb-yphZ3c[/youtube]
I didn't even know that was out on DVD yet.

I really wanted to see it.

Latest posts

Back