The Flash: Rebirth discussion (Spoilers!)

Really? I thought I read (don't ask where; I don't remember) that Captain America has been out of the ice for about 10 years, and Spider-Man and Fantastic Four have been around for about 5 years.

Actually I'm pretty sure the Cap time was mentioned in a recent issue of Captain America.

are you saying that Fantastic Four # 1 and Amazing Fantasy #15 happend 5 "Marvel years" after Avengers #4?

even though both AF#15 and FF#1 came out before Avengers #1?

that makes no sense

also, in the Follow up to Kraven's First Hunt in one of the ASM extras, Spidey finds a newspaper clipping of the first time he fought the Sinister Six and he says that it was from more than ten years ago.
Not that in-stroy time references are trustworthy, but think about it. He was 15 when the spider bit him, so 2-3 more years of high school, then college (4 years if you don't count dropping out), then grad school (maybe two more years) and he's been done with that since the 80s, so we're looking at around 15 years that Spidey's been around, which would make him 30ish.

And Reed and Sue got married and had two kids in five years? Franklin is definitely at least 8.

wait, what was this thread about?

Last edited:
This is why you ignore continuity.

well, i generally don't worry about how long it's been, but Spidey and the FF only having been around for 5 years makes absolotuel no sense.

I generally assume that all super heroes who are adults are perpetually in their mid 20s-early 30s

well, i generally don't worry about how long it's been, but Spidey and the FF only having been around for 5 years makes absolotuel no sense.

I generally assume that all super heroes who are adults are perpetually in their mid 20s-early 30s

My favorite part is how all of the younger heroes grow up but the older ones mostly don't.

However, Moon Knight subverted this in that it said that he's basically approaching 40 and it's a lot harder for him to do things.

EDIT: Anyway, back to Flash. Here's a question: Do you guys care about Barry? Were any of you clamoring for his return?

Last edited:
Really? I thought I read (don't ask where; I don't remember) that Captain America has been out of the ice for about 10 years, and Spider-Man and Fantastic Four have been around for about 5 years.

Actually I'm pretty sure the Cap time was mentioned in a recent issue of Captain America.

Well, in Civil War Peter said he was Spider-Man since he was 15, and in an issue of ASM earlier that year he said he was in his late twenties. So guessing at him being about 27-28 then, it would have been 12-13 years he'd aged since AF#15 40 years ago. So I've been on the assumption that 1 decade equals approximatly 3 years.

This also explains why most times Franklin seems to be hovering around 9-11 years aold

Anyway, back to Flash. Here's a question: Do you guys care about Barry? Were any of you clamoring for his return?

i think since i read Green Arrow Quiver by Kevin Smith, which was one of the first DC things i ever read, i had this idea that there are some great stories about barry, hal and ollie. In fact i still think i prefer that trinity to the supes,bats,WW thing thats kinda being played to death a little.

Admitedly they didn't need to bring barry back to tell these stories. They could've done it with Classified or with Alex Ross. But i reckon now he's back there's more scope to do the johns thing of flashback linking it to current stories. And yeah now they've got all the old crew back, this whole silver/golden age revival thing is really reaching a climax.

And that was confirmed with this issue, though it was extremely foreshadowed with the previous one.

I don't know about this series, it's not really gripping me like the GL Rebirth did.

I like the gorillas in Gorilla City predicting/recording what is happening to the Flashes.

I've read the first two issue's and I'm not all that impressed, the art is fantastic, but the story isn't very engaging.

I agree, it hasn't been that great so far. But maybe the first two issues were set-up. Now Barry is Black Flash and the plot will go somewhere.

The Superman/Flash race was great.

"I've raced you before Barry. I've even won some of those races."
"Those were for charity, Clark."
*Dip.... Set!*

So is Reverse Flash the key to all this?

Yeah. It seems like Reverse Flash is the big bad. I'm a little disappointed right now, but we'll see how it all pans out. I'm interested to see how the little glimpses of Flash rogues we see at the start of every issue end up playing into it all.

Last edited:
Maybe they are the ones who, in turn, save the Flashes.

Hm... maybe...It seems to be increasingly dangerous perspectives for the characters. Considering Thrawne is pulling Barry backwards to his point of inception, I'm guessing the impact Barry had on their lives is unraveling? Or not.... I'm not too knowledgeable about the Flash mythology.

I like the idea of the Reverse Flash being the big bad, from what i gather (not really read any Flash stories) that he is like Sinestro from the Green Lantern villains.
And the idea that he is all about making the heroes better, i think is awesome!!!!!
It reminds me of Doctor Doom, he is good in one way, but a villain in another.

I also like his costume, that and all the Flashes costumes are cool.
No wonder the Big Bang Theory guys like to wear them.

I like the idea of the Reverse Flash being the big bad, from what i gather (not really read any Flash stories) that he is like Sinestro from the Green Lantern villains.
And the idea that he is all about making the heroes better, i think is awesome!!!!!
It reminds me of Doctor Doom, he is good in one way, but a villain in another.

I also like his costume, that and all the Flashes costumes are cool.
No wonder the Big Bang Theory guys like to wear them.

That hero thing was the second Reverse-Flash's shtick. I'm pretty sure it was the original Reverse-Flash in this issue.

Latest posts

Back