The Flash: Rebirth discussion (Spoilers!)

Gaiman has gone on record saying that his Death of the endless is the ultimate epitomy/description of Death and that the character is different from all other versions of Death in the DC Universe.

I'm pretty sure Jim Starlin has probly gone on record as saying Thanos is the ultimate big bad of the marvel U....people always big up their own creations.

It's all definite continuity - sandman also ties in with the golden age sandman's origin, as well as that Green Arrow ressurection story.

I think at the end of Morrisson's JLA arc, morpheus is told his debt to the universe is repaid and he can slack off. so he's conveniently not appearing anymore (unless gaiman gives permission).

I personally feel death in the DCU is the same as death in real life - the character's are just the superheroe's ways of experiencing it. their equivalent of light and the end of the tunnell etc. etc. It's gotta be diff for everyone. For gaiman it's his death.

I just reread all of this, and I gotta say, despite my earlier apathy, I'm getting really into all these new concepts of the Speed Force.

And I couldn't be happier for Max Mercury's return.

Geoff Johns said:
New Flash monthly book is me and Francis Manapul on Barry Allen lead and co-feature is me and Scott Kolins on Wally West.

Yay!

I read issue 5 today. I think I'm going to need to read the whole thing in one sitting when issue six comes out next month, b/c I don't remember what's going on.

I'm a big fan of Geoff Johns, but this one isn't doing much for me month to month. But I'll see how I feel again after i've read it all at once.

It reads really really well when you do it all in one go. Might even prefer this to Green Lantern Rebirth...

And 'lil Iris Allen as Impulse was fantastic... and Prof. Zoom is reminding everyone why he is really a ****ing amazing villain.

I can't wait for this to wrap up... Even more, I can't wait for the Flash and Kid Flash ongoings to start.

I really enjoyed it. There is a ****load of speedsters.

I love Wally's daughter becoming the new Impulse.

I can't wait for the new Flash books to start. They are going to be lots of fun.

tumblr_ktcj0e3WmJ1qas2v4o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
This is just wicked stuff. Sciver and Johns have done a wonderful job of distinguishing the Flash powers and universe from typical superheroics by really embracing the whole speed aspect of it.

I can't wait to see what Reis does with momentum in art.

This is just wicked stuff. Sciver and Johns have done a wonderful job of distinguishing the Flash powers and universe from typical superheroics by really embracing the whole speed aspect of it.

I can't wait to see what Reis does with momentum in art.

Ivan Reis isn't drawing the Flash?

I read issue 5 today. I think I'm going to need to read the whole thing in one sitting when issue six comes out next month

ha! three months later.

it came out a few weeks ago, but my LCS got shorted a copy so I haven't received mine yet. I should have it by this week. Then I can read it all in one sitting and decide whether or not it was worth it.

So i read it all in a couple sittings, it's much better that way.

Did I miss something by not getting the Blackest Night Flash tie in?

I don't think you missed out on anything important. I can't really remember any significant happening. All I remember is the kid Captain Boomerang was feeding people to his Black Lantern father, the original Captain Boomerang until he ended up being eaten himself.

And then the original Captain Boomerang came back in Blackest Night #8.

Did anyone read Flash Secret Files and Origins? It was pretty neat. You basically got a story by Johns and Kolins and then a bunch of bios by Johns, Gates and Manapul. I am excited for the new series.

I just read it all in one sitting too...it was pretty good, although I'm not sure what it did for Barry himself, since he was already reborn in Final Crisis. The mini seemed to have a lot less to do with him then the supporting cast.

Still, it was pretty good.

I think I was more impressed with the new Flash #1. Especially with the art.

I picked this up in Vegas and read it in one sitting also. It was pretty awesome.

I like how it revamps the entire Flash mythos.

I need to read Flash 1. I love the artist.

We need a discussion thread for the new Flash series.

It's going to be my new favourite title.

Latest posts

Back