The Flash - Series Discussion (spoilers)

Re: The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive (spoilers)

But... But I liked Guggenheim... He was good...

:cry:

And didn't they solicit issue 14 and 15 already? Yes, yes they did. They even had variant covers set up for 15...

This seems very fishy to me.

Nah. They were just trying to keep a secret. The Flash series will pick up with the numbering on the old Waid series, and I bet they'll use those covers somewhere down the line as either covers for the revived Flash series, or for promotional art. I liked Guggenheim too, though.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Also: "All Flash" is a stupid title...

"All Flash" is the name of Jay Garrick's old book... and it's just going to be a one-shot. The ongoing will just be called "The Flash", and I .bet it will deal primarily with just one Flash.

Also, Flash is a funny word.

Last edited:

It looks like the Flash will be joining the Justice League.The cover to the September Teen Titans shows the Titans of Tomorrow beating the crap out of the Justice League, and Flash is there.

It probably won't happen, but what if the new Flash is Bart Allen from the Titans of Tomorrow timeline?

Last edited:

It looks like the Flash will be joining the Justice League.The cover to the September Teen Titans shows the Titans of Tomorrow beating the crap out of the Justice League, and Flash is there.

It probably won't happen, but what if the new Flash is Bart Allen from the Titans of Tomorrow timeline?

What? But. . . what?

****ing god dammit.

I give no credit to this, and if its whats happening I'm done with JLA and possibly JSA too.

My understanding is that the person the "Classic" Legionnaires came back to resurrect in "The Lightning Saga" is in fact Bart Allen, who returns to the future. Wally West is back as well, with Linda and the twins in tow.

I got this from somebody at ComicBloc who claims to have read JLofA #10. - Ryan Landau, Millarworld

****, if thats what they're doing I'm dropping anything DC that isn't self contained.

Except The Atom. I love The Atom.

I give no credit to this, and if its whats happening I'm done with JLA and possibly JSA too.

My understanding is that the person the "Classic" Legionnaires came back to resurrect in "The Lightning Saga" is in fact Bart Allen, who returns to the future. Wally West is back as well, with Linda and the twins in tow.

I got this from somebody at ComicBloc who claims to have read JLofA #10. - Ryan Landau, Millarworld

****, if thats what they're doing I'm dropping anything DC that isn't self contained.

Except The Atom. I love The Atom.

I'm very. . .

I don't even know.

If that happens and there are DRASTIC changes in the Legion then that's one thing. But. . .

Argh!

Y'know? I don't mind that chain of events, Baxter.

And if it's true, then I think the Legionnaires will definitely be showing up somewhere consistently.

I'm so confused.

I'll just stick with Geoff Johns' Flash.

I'm so confused.

I'll just stick with Geoff Johns' Flash.

You know, its actually pretty confusing in and of itself. Not so much that you can't figure it out, but theres definatly a few points where you wonder if you missed something

I've never read any Flash, I really don't think it'll be in lightning saga..there's been absolutely no clue to indicate that (aside from possibly the title). But with Meltzer if you look at identity crisis and maybe even the first JLA arc he always lays little clues down so when you think about it it fits together. Admitadly he is writing this with Johns, but I really think that guy is BSing. DC know it's confusing, compared to the rest of the classic 7 members of JLA, aside from green lantern (who's allowed many cuz it's policemen) everyone else has at least stuck around. for some reason the Flash character just seems to get screwed Every single time and we've got like 4 of them with more related speedsters.

Is Johns flash worth a read?

I've never read any Flash, I really don't think it'll be in lightning saga..there's been absolutely no clue to indicate that (aside from possibly the title). But with Meltzer if you look at identity crisis and maybe even the first JLA arc he always lays little clues down so when you think about it it fits together. Admitadly he is writing this with Johns, but I really think that guy is BSing. DC know it's confusing, compared to the rest of the classic 7 members of JLA, aside from green lantern (who's allowed many cuz it's policemen) everyone else has at least stuck around. for some reason the Flash character just seems to get screwed Every single time and we've got like 4 of them with more related speedsters.

That's what makes it so great. The Flash characters are just like a big, extended superhero family. They're not all related by blood, but there's a sort of cop family feel to them. Even some of the bad guys come back and fold into the family like uncles. I like it. I'd love if the new Flash book dealt with all the generations of Flashes working around Keystone City. Change Bart back to Impulse, differentiate the costumes of all the Flashes, and you're set. The Flashes would effectively be Keystone City's superhuman police department.

The new book will be called Keystone Cops.

Ninja4peace said:
Is Johns flash worth a read?

I love it.

Last edited:

And Barry Allen was a cop-scientist i believe. hmm...Isn't that sortof filled by Green lantern corps and justice society to a certain extent?

I don't read much Green Arrow either but I like the father and son idea, that they both share the title.

I like the idea of having lots of flashes running around, I read JLA and some teen titans so i'm familiar with wally and bart (inertia). And they had a nice sorta relationship with each other in teen titans. Was Johns writing the Flash and teen titans at the same time?

Also I never really understand where all these flashes actually are, I mean barry and wally die in each crisis, but they didn't die; just before they died they went superfast and live somewhere else or something? that's why barry is bart's dad. How would you get them all back to work in keystone city in the present?

Bart isn't Inertia. He used to be Impulse, then Kid Flash then Flash. Inertia is a bad guy.

And by the way, it sucked that Bart became Kid Flash, it was a huge step back from having his own identity as Impulse, and it sucked more when he became Flash, although the book was starting to get really good and DC decides to change it again. What's the point of bringing Guggenheim on to fix things if they're just going to cancel it when he does?

And if you believe this was their plan all along you are retarded.

Bart isn't Inertia. He used to be Impulse, then Kid Flash then Flash. Inertia is a bad guy.

Sorry that's what I meant. He becomes kid flash, and wally's not sure he deserves the name and stuff. That was in teen titans so i'm sure wally was proved wrong at some point and then they had a party

And by the way, it sucked that Bart became Kid Flash, it was a huge step back from having his own identity as Impulse, and it sucked more when he became Flash, although the book was starting to get really good and DC decides to change it again. What's the point of bringing Guggenheim on to fix things if they're just going to cancel it when he does?

And if you believe this was their plan all along you are retarded.

I think they didn't know what the hell they were doing when they relaunched the Flash. I think it's possible they knew Johns was coming on around the time they hired Guggenheim, though. If so, that was actually a good move. They knew Johns would be coming on in a few months, so they gave the book to Guggenheim and said "Try and salvage Bart Allen before we completely change directions with this book. That way, he's still a viable character."

One of the things implied with Bart's return is that The Speed Force is one of the primal energies that hold the universes together, and that when you hit the speed of light you travel to another world, when originally they just believe that you died...

I think Bart said that Barry, Wally, Linda, the Twins, and Max Mercury are all living together on Earth 2 in the first six issues of the current story-arc... to get them back you'd need something to release a tremendous amound of energy, preferably somebody attached to the Speed Force dying... Maybe actually dying for once. Maybe not... Maybe what happens is that they manage to cut him off from the Speed Force so we have a Powerless Bart Allen, and then Wally and Barry

Then the new series would probably be Barry Allen in Central City, Wally West in Keystone City, with Jay Garrick as sort of the old wise man helping them out... I'd love to see a rivalry develop between them... Seeing who can clear up the most crime... Wally would probably have a bit of an inferiority complex to his predecessor.

Also: If Barry is back, and back in the League instead of Wally...

I think its obvious that this week's issue is going to bring back the Flash Family. Its just how thats going to happen that i'm curious about.

All Flash I'm guessing is going to deal with Their Time on the other world.

One of the things implied with Bart's return is that The Speed Force is one of the primal energies that hold the universes together, and that when you hit the speed of light you travel to another world, when originally they just believe that you died...

I think Bart said that Barry, Wally, Linda, the Twins, and Max Mercury are all living together on Earth 2 in the first six issues of the current story-arc... to get them back you'd need something to release a tremendous amound of energy, preferably somebody attached to the Speed Force dying... Maybe actually dying for once. Maybe not... Maybe what happens is that they manage to cut him off from the Speed Force so we have a Powerless Bart Allen, and then Wally and Barry

Then the new series would probably be Barry Allen in Central City, Wally West in Keystone City, with Jay Garrick as sort of the old wise man helping them out... I'd love to see a rivalry develop between them... Seeing who can clear up the most crime... Wally would probably have a bit of an inferiority complex to his predecessor.

Also: If Barry is back, and back in the League instead of Wally...

I think its obvious that this week's issue is going to bring back the Flash Family. Its just how thats going to happen that i'm curious about.

All Flash I'm guessing is going to deal with Their Time on the other world.

Damn. That would make me happy. I honestly can't wait until Wednesday.

My comic shop has their half off back issue sale this weekend. Maybe I'll go back and rebuy Waid's Flash run.

And again selling my comic collection ends in regret.

And thus, Another one Bites the Dust.

Bart is officially dead as of this issue.

Latest posts

Back