The Flash - Series Discussion (spoilers)

Re: The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive (spoilers)

So this is a damn mess. I'll give to the end of thi arc (is it an arc? just random issues? what?) to see if it turns around and if not I'm jumping ship till a new creative team comes onboard.

The second issue was WAY better than the first. I actually understood what was going on (for the most part). I think there was only one part that I didn't get, but everything else was good.

Art me likey.

3/5

For me issue #2 just seemed to smooth things over and explain the story better than the first issue. After #1 I was hesitant to buy this book but I will give this another chance.

Yeah...

I'm looking forward to Inertia showing up...

So the story seems to have smoothed out a bit and have some kinda direction. I don't know if the artist from this issue is gonna stay on....but if he does, I think I'll keep getting this.

The last artist was just horrible. You could never tell what was happening. But this one was smooth and crisp. Very fluid. Liked it a LOT.

does bart know owen is his brother?

Last edited:

Not yet.

I bet that'll factor in eventually, probably with a team-up of some kind...

Was deciding whether to pick this book up and almost decided not to (thanks to the lackluster past issues), but I did.

I was happy to see that the story plot picked up somewhat, and I liked the art for the most part. The issue didn't scream at me to keep reading the series, but with the improvements in mind I'll give it till the end of the arc and then make my decision.

3.25/5

BTW does anyone know if last issue's artist was just a one-time deal? And why just throw him in???

Did anyone even buy this issue?

It starts off with Bart running up a building in his Flash suit, explaining how the Griffin attacked him. Bart realizes he can't slow down. The Griffin (not knowing Bart is the Flash) wonders why after throwing Bart out a window that he is nowhere to be found.
Bart is now falling from the air. He then lands at the Keystone Zoo, only to meet up with Cyborg. They leave and talk about the Speed Force and Superboy Prime. Next we see Bart sitting at a restaraunt with Jay and his wife, waiting for Valerie to meet them. Bart gets worried because she is late and runs back to herhouse to check on her. He finds a note telling him that she went out West to start a new life.When he gets back to the table, the Griffin drives by and Jay and Bart head after them.
They begin to chase the Griffin, but with no sucess. They make a side stop to stop a robbery that the Griffin was heading to stop. The Griffin starts whinning, and the cops start to make fun of him. The Griffin hops on a helicopter and gets away.
We then see Val locked up in a room with Inertia, who she at first thinks is Bart. The Griffin meanwhile decides that he needs Jay Garrick to live longer and be stronger. Switch back to Valerie with her Dad and Inertia. They tell her that they plan to get rid of every Speedster.
Jay is taking his morning walk, and the Griffin is tracking him. The Griffin uses a metal pole to conduct electricity into Jay, which knocks him out. Later, Bart learns that Jay is missing. Next, we see Griffin trying to get Jay's power from him. Jay tells him it won't work, but Griffin tries it anyway, which makes Jay yell in agony. Bart discovers the scorch marks where the Griffin captured Jay and races off to find him.
End of Issue #5.

Average at best, but still improvement over the last couple of issues.

Last edited:

The new series is so bad I don't think anyone's reading this. Even I dropped it..........and I read just about everything!

It's only 5 issues into the new run and already it needs a new creative team.

This series saddens me. All I want is a good, well-written, well-drawn Flash series, and DC takes a **** on my head. Is good writing too much to ask for?!

Answer ME DC!!!

I'm pretty sure I could write the Flash better than this (but don't hold me to it).

:cry: Why.........

Last edited:

NEW WRITER ON THE FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I'm a little worried about just how over the top parts of his Wolverine were but it was still a good read despite that.

Thank God! It's about time!

I like how he mentions that his run starting with #9 will basically read like a #1.

The relaunch sucked big time and it'll be nice to see what Guggenheim does with this. And while they have a new writer....they need to get a new artist as well. The current artist doesn't fit Gugg's style at all. Perhaps the guest artist they had for #3 would work.

But until they new run starts.....this book will stay off my pull list.

Thank God! It's about time!

I like how he mentions that his run starting with #9 will basically read like a #1.

The relaunch sucked big time and it'll be nice to see what Guggenheim does with this. And while they have a new writer....they need to get a new artist as well. The current artist doesn't fit Gugg's style at all. Perhaps the guest artist they had for #3 would work.

But until they new run starts.....this book will stay off my pull list.

I want Phil Hester and Andy Parks, but I want them on everything.

I'm serious, they need to get crackin.

I haven't read anything by Guggenheim, but reading the interview, he seemed to know what he was talking about. I'm looking forward to it.

Mark Waid Is Returning To Write The Flash, by picking up writing duties for "ALL FLASH"!!

Fastest Man Alive will be cancelled (thank god)

The book will be about ALL the different Flashes... It looks like Bart Allen will no longer be the Flash, but I guess we'll see!

Details Here: http://www.newsarama.com/heroes_philly07/DC/flash.html

Last edited:

Daniel Acuna? HELL YES!

Mark Waid Is Returning To Write The Flash, by picking up writing duties for "ALL FLASH"!!

Fastest Man Alive will be cancelled (thank god)

The book will be about ALL the different Flashes... It looks like Bart Allen will no longer be the Flash, but I guess we'll see!

Details Here: http://www.newsarama.com/heroes_philly07/DC/flash.html

But... But I liked Guggenheim... He was good...

:cry:

And didn't they solicit issue 14 and 15 already? Yes, yes they did. They even had variant covers set up for 15...

This seems very fishy to me.

Also: "All Flash" is a stupid title...

But I love Mark Waid, and can't wait for Flash to return to the same level as the other core DC heroes.

Latest posts

Back