The Flash - Series Discussion (spoilers)

Re: The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive (spoilers)

I wish they hadn't killed Bart, but I am thrilled that we're getting
Wally
back.

.......**** you DC! I know that it wasn't selling well but you didn't need to kill Bart. I was one of the few enjoying it... at least the last arch.

...I expect radical changes to my pull list after this. I've decided I'm not going to follow DCs path to its next big event. Maybe I'll try out World War Hulk. Or pick up something Vertigo in trades.

...I expect radical changes to my pull list after this. I've decided I'm not going to follow DCs path to its next big event. Maybe I'll try out World War Hulk. Or pick up something Vertigo in trades.

I know exactly how you feel.

I'll still be getting Countdown and JLA and JSA and anything Legion related, but that's it for me. I really just feel kind fo sick, to be honest.

I know exactly how you feel.

I'll still be getting Countdown and JLA and JSA and anything Legion related, but that's it for me. I really just feel kind fo sick, to be honest.

I'm sticking with JSA since I've been on board since issue 30 of the last run. As long as Johns has writes it its been one of if not my favorite title. The Keith Champagne arc was pretty good too. JLA I'm done with. I doubt I'll even get this weeks issue. Countdown too, unless it specifically involves one of the books that will survive the purge. Mainly The All New Atom and Blue Beetle. I don't see Brave and the Bold getting too involved. And Booster Gold is gone if it crosses over or ties in with anything. I'm just exhausted.

Last edited:

So, the Lightning Saga and the Flash finally really don't tie in at all. It really just seems like the current Flash dies and another Flash raises from the dead, coincidentally at the same time.

Anyway, I don't get it. Why run what amounts to a miniseries to revitalize Bart Allen just to kill him off. I don't see how it contributes to the storytelling in the DCU.

Last edited:

There's a whole article about The Lightning Saga and The Flash

And just to show people that what i've been suggesting for ages is probably right...

This is the picture from the JLoA/JSoA crossover

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/JusticeLeague/10/JLA10_03.jpg

Wally's been gone for many years, and is coming back older, you can tell because his kids are older... They are also wearing the same outfits that Don and Dawn Allen wore when they were the Tornado Twins before Bart was born... So therefore I expect Wally and Linda's kids to be popping up as to Tornado Twins pretty quickly in the DCU, possibly as new Titans members.

Last edited:

The All Flash Six Page preview on Newsarama has left me giddy.... I am SO excited for Waid's run on this book... Flash deserves to be on the same tier as at least the GL series, if not the Big Three...

I'm changing the title of this thread, to reflect Wally's return.

Last edited:

The All Flash Six Page preview on Newsarama has left me giddy.... I am SO excited for Waid's run on this book... Flash deserves to be on the same tier as at least the GL series, if not the Big Three...

I'm changing the title of this thread, to reflect Wally's return.

In my mind, Flash is right behind the Big Three, definitely ahead of the Lanterns.

I love the art. I'll be getting this.

Because I don't like what happened with Bart, from making him Flash through to killing him for no good reason, I don't like what they did with the series and the solicitation lying and the overall lying about it being their plan from the start.

Me too

DC seems to be trying every extreme at the moment

I didn't read any of the series that just finished. No one seemed to like it. If you guys say this new series is good I'll check it out.

and IMO Lantern and Flash are way above Wonder Woman

I didn't read any of the series that just finished. No one seemed to like it. If you guys say this new series is good I'll check it out.

and IMO Lantern and Flash are way above Wonder Woman

I knid of wish the term were changed to Big 5 or something. Hal and Wally (or Barry and Kyle) have been just as important as Superman Batman and Wonder Woman.

I knid of wish the term were changed to Big 5 or something. Hal and Wally (or Barry and Kyle) have been just as important as Superman Batman and Wonder Woman.

I think the problem is right there.
Clark Kent is superman
Bruce wayne is batman
Wonder woman is diana (troy?)

There have been multiple flashs and lanterns, and I guess with them the secret Identity isn't as big a thing.

Also Captain Marvel is probably as famous/big as any of them. He's just never in the Justice League.

I would've thought martian manhunter would be pretty close as well, there's only one of him, and he's got distinctive powers and stuff. I always thought DC could tell a lot more Detectivey stories with him using his shape shifting and telepathy.

Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman are the Big Three because they're the most recognized by the public at large, and they're the merchandising backbone of DC.

I've always thought of the Big Seven as being those three, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter.... That's a good group, I think. Maybe sub Green Arrow in for the Manhunter.

Latest posts

Back