The Future of Star Wars

I just watched Episode I again. I'm dating this girl who had never seen Star Wars at all, so I made her watch the original trilogy and she loved it so much that she wanted to watch the prequel movies too (even after I told her that they aren't very good).

I actually convinced myself that it wouldn't be to bad. I couldn't remember why I didn't like Phantom Menace...until Qui Gonn meets Jar Jar Binks, then I quickly remembered.

But now that they're releasing the movies in 3-D, I wonder what Lucas will do next? I mean he can only re-release the movies in new formats so many times (special remastered edition, special remastered edition with Haden Christenson's ghost and a scene with Naboo at the end of ROTJ, BluRay, 3-D)

I feel like he won't let the franchise just sit. He's going to want to do something else.

*fingers crossed for an Heir to the Empire/Thrawn movie trilogy*

Saw Episode I again last night and even though the 3D added basically nothing to the movie it was one of the most enjoyable movie watching experiences I've had in some time. I'm pretty sure Lucas cut down on a lot of Jar-Jar and Anakin stuff so it didn't bother me as much this time. The Darth Maul fight was still incredible in the HD though.

I just watched Episode I again. I'm dating this girl who had never seen Star Wars at all, so I made her watch the original trilogy and she loved it so much that she wanted to watch the prequel movies too (even after I told her that they aren't very good).

I actually convinced myself that it wouldn't be to bad. I couldn't remember why I didn't like Phantom Menace...until Qui Gonn meets Jar Jar Binks, then I quickly remembered.

But now that they're releasing the movies in 3-D, I wonder what Lucas will do next? I mean he can only re-release the movies in new formats so many times (special remastered edition, special remastered edition with Haden Christenson's ghost and a scene with Naboo at the end of ROTJ, BluRay, 3-D)

I feel like he won't let the franchise just sit. He's going to want to do something else.

*fingers crossed for an Heir to the Empire/Thrawn movie trilogy*

I would think that apart from continued minor changes there's not much he can do. Eventually we'll get to the point when he's dead and gone and a new director will be allowed to reboot everything (a la Gene Roddenberry & the 2009 Star Trek movie).

Hmm. I think rather this thread should be closed since we now have a more specific idea of the direction of the future of Star Wars, at least compared to what we knew in this thread.

Latest posts

Back