The Future of Star Wars

Yeah, the Clone Wars cartoon did it's job and it did it well. We don't need to see it again.

Yeah, the Clone Wars cartoon did it's job and it did it well. We don't need to see it again.

Agreed... but since now its definite, I hope it allows for more depth than the Clone Wars animated series had before... I want character arcs, not just big epic battles.

New clone wars cartoon looks like it will kick serious ***.

Not only does it look good but In between the last cartoon they left of a good few years so It's a great period to go and fill in the blanks. Plus more star wars is great.

I'm not impressed. Doing a Clone Wars side-project when another one was already done is pointless. To show me what? Random battles that took place during the Clone Wars? Yeah...already saw that before. And the other guy's version was brilliant. Period.
"When George told me that he wanted to take the Clone Wars animated series that Cartoon Network did which featured scenes that he took OUT of Episode II, remake them using CGI and put them back INTO the film, I thought, 'That's brilliant.'"
--- Rick McCallum

Last edited:
"When George told me that he wanted to take the Clone Wars animated series that Cartoon Network did which featured scenes that he took OUT of Episode II, remake them using CGI and put them back INTO the film, I thought, 'That's brilliant.'"
--- Patrick McCallum

**slurp slurp slurp slurp**

That's the sound of McCallum making out with George Lucas' ***.

--- Patrick McCallum

I'm going to watch that one episode of South Park where they tried to stop creators from ****ing their own films

I'm going to watch that one episode of South Park where they tried to stop creators from ****ing their own films

To be the devil's advocate, it's not the fans' place to dictate a creator's creations.

I just don't think Lucas should be constantly updating his films like this, it's completely unnessecary

Some updates are good. More of the good out ways bad IMO

I just don't think Lucas should be constantly updating his films like this, it's completely unnessecary

That would be like saying things like, the Ultimate line is unnecessary. It's his property, he can chop it up and show it in serial format if he chooses. He has a particular vision, and when he made the original trilogy, the technology and creativity wasn't there.

I guess it's kinda a sore thumb for me, since I've been recently given grief for changing my art and storytelling styles. To be frank, I am do this for me, just as George has done all of his work for himself, and if people like it, so much the better. But, it's not required.

That would be like saying things like, the Ultimate line is unnecessary. It's his property, he can chop it up and show it in serial format if he chooses. He has a particular vision, and when he made the original trilogy, the technology and creativity wasn't there.

I guess it's kinda a sore thumb for me, since I've been recently given grief for changing my art and storytelling styles. To be frank, I am do this for me, just as George has done all of his work for himself, and if people like it, so much the better. But, it's not required.

Ralph McQuarrie shoulda came back for the prequels.

Also some of the updates were necessary to tie in prequels more. Which ok it's kind of silly prequels should fit the originals not vise versa. But changing Boba Fett's voice , Adding the plantes from prequels at the end (EXCEPT the Jar Jar bit) Even the bit with the emperor telling vader that luke is his son are necessary (except the vader one if you know the EU ;) )

Hope this makes sense. Only change I really really hate = young anakin's ghost

Does anyone know anything about the live action TV show they are going to make? I don't know if they are still doing it, but it was supposedly about secondary character between the prequels and the original trilogy.

Does anyone know anything about the live action TV show they are going to make? I don't know if they are still doing it, but it was supposedly about secondary character between the prequels and the original trilogy.

As far as I know, it's still planned. Last I heard, they were shooting for a 2009 release.

As far as I know, it's still planned. Last I heard, they were shooting for a 2009 release.

Yeah they are meant be doing it after they finish their new clone wars cartoon

Some of the characters that have been rumored are; Boba Fett, Aayla Sakura, and Shaak Ti (yay!!!). I'm willing to give it a chance. I kinda wish that the old rumors of a Rogue Squadron series were true, but c'est la vie.

Some of the characters that have been rumored are; Boba Fett, Aayla Sakura, and Shaak Ti (yay!!!). I'm willing to give it a chance. I kinda wish that the old rumors of a Rogue Squadron series were true, but c'est la vie.

I thought Ayala Secura and Shaak Ti were killed?

I don't think she will but I'd like to see Asajj Ventress live action even for a epiisode

Shaak Ti wasn't killed in canon, she was killed in two different cut scenes.

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

Aayla...no idea.

Yeah, I remember her dying in Episode III. When she's on the ET planet and all of the Clone Troopers shoot her in the back and then continue shooting her on the ground.

Latest posts

Back