It's TERRIBLE.

This is a recurring theme here, but I just finished #8 and WHAT DID I JUST READ?

Half dog/half men? Horrible dog puns? Hulk falls into a trap left by Banner and wakes up in Atlantis?

What did I just read?! I can't even believe they would publish this.

Yeah I barely made it through the few page preview on CBR. That sounds awful. Especially considering the $3.99 price.

I'm done with Incredible. I normally like Pasqual Ferry but not on Hulk. And this nonsense in Atlantis...I got almost halfway through #9 and gave up.

This is not what I want from a Hulk story, and I don't think this is what makes Hulk interesting. I posted a rant a while back about why Hulk is a great character with an excellent supporting cast which NO ONE knows how to write, and I still believe that is the case. I don't want to see stories that read like the writer wants to write a story about Atlantis or Namor or whatever but he's on a Hulk book, so he takes Hulk to Atlantis even though it's not what Hulk is all about. I want Jekyll and Hyde; I want Bruce struggling to control a dangerous beast. I don't want to see this stuff. It's crap.

The Red Hulk book isn't that great right now either...I liked the beginning of the Parker run but it's just interesting. It feels more like Hulk than Incredible does, but it's not very interesting and I don't think it gets the core of the character right (yeah, I know it's not the same guy). But that's the problem - not only do they not have a guy that can write Hulk well, they have two books of guys trying to do it.

Latest posts

Back