The Iceman thread.

iceman said:
then, when hank died, bobby didn't even have a reaction.

DAMN YOU BENDIS!
Not strictly true... Brian Vaughn did kind of acknowledge Bobby's weird response to Hank's death, with the whole ice-skating-in-the-frozen-pool scene with Rogue, during the Sinister arc. Their conversation seemed to indicate that Bobby accepted the fact that certain brilliant people just happen to die young.

Of course, he cites mostly dead rock stars, but I guess that's to be expected of somebody his age, maturity level, and whatnot...

In any case, Bobby has definitely alluded to Beast's death, even if he did so in a more aloof, emotionally-detached kind of way.

compound said:
Not strictly true... Brian Vaughn did kind of acknowledge Bobby's weird response to Hank's death, with the whole ice-skating-in-the-frozen-pool scene with Rogue, during the Sinister arc. Their conversation seemed to indicate that Bobby accepted the fact that certain brilliant people just happen to die young.

Of course, he cites mostly dead rock stars, but I guess that's to be expected of somebody his age, maturity level, and whatnot...

In any case, Bobby has definitely alluded to Beast's death, even if he did so in a more aloof, emotionally-detached kind of way.

Hank was Bobby's best friend in the mansion. And I don't think Bobby was ever the emotionally-detached type.

Iceman gets a gf soon in X-Men. And Carey will show Iceman actually doing something with his powers.

Can't wait for July.

Ice said:
Iceman gets a gf soon in X-Men. And Carey will show Iceman actually doing something with his powers.

Can't wait for July.

Iceman has powers?!

Ice said:
Right after Superman kisses Carnage's ***.
Since that will never happen, that means Cyclops and Iceman aren't becoming a couple. Dang. =(

Also, did Nurhachi steal Ice's account?

Oh, and Superman already did kick Carnage's ***. In the form of the Sentry. Woo.

jeremiahvedder said:
It was stupid to take Bobby's powers away from him. Stupider to give them back, but they never should've taken them in the first place. After all the character's suffered, the death of his father and all the romantic woes... Realistically, Bobby would've probably slit his own wrists than lose his powers.
Didn't want to take where this is originally from to off-topicness, but when did Iceman's father die? I have the issue from were he was beatne nearly to death, but re-couperated (sp?) afterwards in [adjectiveless] X-Men.

And technically, his powers weren't taken away. He just went back to his human state.

thee great one said:
This is the first time that I agree with you.
Again, they weren't "taken away". All that was done was revert him back into his human state for a brief time. It only appeared that they were taken away as part of the story.

Ice said:
Again, they weren't "taken away". All that was done was revert him back into his human state for a brief time. It only appeared that they were taken away as part of the story.

It's bad excuse and it was poor excution. They could of done it a different way.

thee great one said:
It's bad excuse and it was poor excution. They could of done it a different way.
That, I will agree with you.

But...at the same time I don't care because he's no longer in his ice state 24/7.

Iceman an Omega Mutant?

On IGN's list of the Top 25 X-Men of all time, it mentions that Bobby is one of the rare Omega Mutants, potentially more powerful than both Xavier and Magneto.

?

I'd never heard of this before. How could he possibly be THAT powerful? It also says that chances are he'll never fully tap into that power because he lacks faith in himself.

Can anyone who knows about this please shed light on how the ability to freeze water is better than being able to control Earth's magnetic field?

Merged with an existing Iceman thread.

And yes, Iceman is an Omega level mutant. He's been bumped up exponentially due to Xavier and Magnero no loner being mutants and Jean again dead.

Last edited:
Well, I dunno about Iceman's entry, but I do know that Quicksilver's entry is incorrect. His first appearance was in Uncanny X-Men #4 not #1

Last edited:
Ice said:
And yes, Iceman is an Omega level mutant. He's been bumped up exponentially due to Xavier and Magnero no loner being mutants and Jean again dead.

So his powers aren't actually that great, they're just more favourable now that the main people more powerful than him are now powerless?

I didn't know Omega statuses were all relative.

Last edited:
Planet-man said:
So his powers aren't actually that great, they're just more favourable now that the main people more powerful than him are now powerless?

I didn't know Omega statuses were all relative.
Oh no, no, no. His powers are EXTREMLY powerful...when used the right way. He was already one of THE most powerful mutants on earth, but now instead of say being #7, he now could be #3, for example.

His power is really great, but with his choice of how to use them, he hasn't discovered his full potential. In AoA, we found out that he's able to even bend himself like a snake with his powers in his ice form. We sall a small potential of what he can do in Uncanny X-Men #315, when Emma Frost's conciousness was in his. He's able to travel at...I think it was like light speed in water. Something like that. I don't remember the exact explanation.

Ice said:
Oh no, no, no. His powers are EXTREMLY powerful...when used the right way. He was already one of THE most powerful mutants on earth, but now instead of say being #7, he now could be #3, for example.

His power is really great, but with his choice of how to use them, he hasn't discovered his full potential. In AoA, we found out that he's able to even bend himself like a snake with his powers in his ice form. We sall a small potential of what he can do in Uncanny X-Men #315, when Emma Frost's conciousness was in his. He's able to travel at...I think it was like light speed in water. Something like that. I don't remember the exact explanation.

Well that's what I was asking in the first place.

So lightspeed, huh? How the heck could he do that? And what about his size and strength when he adds ice to himself, like is there a limit to that?

Latest posts

Back