The Last Airbender movie (watch the cartoon instead)

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Movie

Before all the reviews came out, I was planning on seeing this with my sister to prep for Book 2 of the series, which we were gonna watch this summer. Last summer we watched Book 1, but it's hard to remember a lot of what happened. And obviously now we're not gonna see the movie. Does anyone know if Book 2: Episode 1 has a massive "Previously On..." or something? Or could anyone suggest any places where I could get a decent recap of the first season?

Before all the reviews came out, I was planning on seeing this with my sister to prep for Book 2 of the series, which we were gonna watch this summer. Last summer we watched Book 1, but it's hard to remember a lot of what happened. And obviously now we're not gonna see the movie. Does anyone know if Book 2: Episode 1 has a massive "Previously On..." or something? Or could anyone suggest any places where I could get a decent recap of the first season?

There's no recap, but it starts with the gang moving out from the north basically right were they left off, you could just rewatch the finale.

I started watching the cartoon because of the first trailer I saw for the movie. Great cartoon, and I will be happy to rent this when it comes to Netflix.

I started watching the cartoon because of the first trailer I saw for the movie. Great cartoon, and I will be happy to rent this when it comes to Netflix.

Hate to burst your bubble for the second time today, but lets just say, lower your expectations for the movie...

After watching this movie, I am fairly certain that I am dying.

Haha... see this is why I'm renting it. My expectations are low.

So low I have the song Get Low playing in my head.

I literally cannot remotely understand why a person could enjoy watching this movie. Unless they hate themselves or they are masochists. Shrek the Fourth was laughably terrible.... But this makes me angry. Like, actually angry at how insanely terrible it was and how incapable a director Shyamalan has proven himself to be.

He somehow made the action scenes MORE boring than the rest of the movie. How did he manage that??? Seriously! How?! Such an inventive concept and a brilliant mythology and the bits where they speak incoherent, pointless dialogue managed to be more interesting than bending the elements to human will.

I am never going to watch this movie.

I also changed the thread title.

Off topic sorta, but related to what Strangefate said about the action scenes being more boring, did you guys like 300? I thought 300 sucked so much ass, and I dozed off in the theater but every guy I know just raves on about what a great action movie it is. I just think it's hokey homoerotic fiction with way too many tired ass "Matrix-y" action scenes.

Shamalalamalalamalalan sucks though. I may have typoed his name there it looks like. Sixth Sense was good, but it's not a movie that bears repeating once you know the ending. Unbreakable seemed promising at first but by the end I just felt like "WTF is this ****". Signs... ugh. Mel Gibson is the worst.

For the people who have seen it and hate it - is it something that a 7-year old boy would still enjoy? One who doesn't care about character development and whatnot?

For the people who have seen it and hate it - is it something that a 7-year old boy would still enjoy? One who doesn't care about character development and whatnot?

mmmmmm..............possibly, I would recommend some of the CAM versions out, there not that bad on quality. not worth seeing in theaters though. i would recommend Karate Kid.

I'm honestly not too sure he would be able to follow what's happening... And the bits that should be really cool looking to help win over the young'uns just aren't very cool.

That sounds really bad.

I know when I was a kid I would watch any piece of crap movie there was. I watched Killer Klowns from Outer Space like 10 times one summer.

Latest posts

Back