The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)

Re: The Legend of Korra

Well, if she is truly the new Avatar, then Aang isn't really gone, now is he.

And stop whining.

I think the big complaint is, in the previous series, it showed that benders tend to live to an extreme age. Aang's death makes sense, as he was in a sustained Avatar State for 100 years, it ate away at his life. With that said, I do understand why they chose to do this, this is Korra's story, and it's only a short miniseries, so she doesn't need them horning in on her story.

I think the big complaint is, in the previous series, it showed that benders tend to live to an extreme age. Aang's death makes sense, as he was in a sustained Avatar State for 100 years, it ate away at his life. With that said, I do understand why they chose to do this, this is Korra's story, and it's only a short miniseries, so she doesn't need them horning in on her story.

I agree they don't really need to show up (except maybe in flashbacks) I just don't think they needed to be killed off. (Except Aang, otherwise the premise can't work.)

This will probably still rock, though.

I don't ever recall hearing that Benders had long lives, just avatars.
I agree they don't really need to show up (except maybe in flashbacks) I just don't think they needed to be killed off. (Except Aang, otherwise the premise can't work.)

This will probably still rock, though.

I think it's best their killed off, just as long its not just "they were all killed" bs. Just they lived long happy lives and just passed on

Dante Basco (the guy who voiced Zuko) is confirmed to return. He didn't say who he'd be voicing, but he said that the role surprised him.

Maybe it's Rufio.

Zuko, the time traveling Fire Lord.

Last edited:

Admittedly, this isn't the biggest news, but a full picture of Korra from the front.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011...nd-of-korra-exclusive-first-look/?mod=WSJBlog

And here I thought we'd go the whole series just seeing her backside. Would've been interesting, though. Third-person cartoon.

Slightly off topic, I really hope they don't use that title. "The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra" is really stupid for a number of reasons.

And we have a cast!

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011...-legend-of-korra-exclusive-cast-announcement/

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the main cast or just some randomly selected characters. Still, looks good! Korra should probably practice getting pictures of Spider-Man.

Though they seem to be sticking with that title. Shame, but I can live with it, and they might change it down the line. Though I do wonder if James Cameron had something to do with this.

Interview with the creators.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/03/08/the-last-airbender-legend-of-korra-the-creators-speak/

Highlights:

* Korra is basically Aang's polar opposite in terms of personality.

* Technology in the Avatarverse has advanced to the point where we now have CARS AND MOTORCYLCES!

* The twelve episode miniseries has been dropped. There's going to be at least twenty-six episodes.

* The main villain is an anti-bending revolutionary.

* Older characters may appear.

* The tone is a little older, due to Korra being in her late teens.

Last edited:

When does this start, Grocer Man?

EDIT: Just ignore this post. I posted some news without confirming it was true. It wasn't. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

I cannot see it.

But it had not occurred to me that Korra would have an "Appa".

A polar bear dog sounds appropriately fantasticalamo.

Latest posts

Back