The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)

Re: New Avatar: The Last Airbender Show?

Nice, Hopefully it's a continuation of the cartoon not a Movie based series

Damn you, Nickelodeon.

This was pretty easy to see coming. Even if the movie turns out to be crap, it will most likely still be a hit and interest more people in the original series. Thus, they make another show to draw in the new audience. (Like say, Transformers Animated brought in fans of the Micheal Bay films.)

Well, back when there was news of a possible movie adaptation, they had also mentioned plans of continuing Avatar beyond the 3 season original plan. I guess they've now decided to go ahead with it.

I think it's going to be those series of specials they mentioned.

Well, back when there was news of a possible movie adaptation, they had also mentioned plans of continuing Avatar beyond the 3 season original plan. I guess they've now decided to go ahead with it.
The creators did say something would continue in the avatar universe, not necessarily what.

I think it's going to be those series of specials they mentioned.

Yeah I do recall three animated specials were once mentioned

What's a "Live Action/Animation Reference Coordinator?"

Well I believe it's getting "actors" to film video references to animate. Sometime animators need a visual reference and they need someone to coordinate that. In fact they had a martial art coordinator who taught the animating staff movements so they can better understand the action sequences

Re: New Avatar: The Last Airbender Show.

I think it's safe to say that this isn't going to be a direct follow-up to the series, like a Book Four or something. Mike and Brian specifically said there wouldn't be (unless you count that one comic con video.) My guess is that this will focus on some other characters in the Avatar universe. If it takes place in the same time frame as the first show, then Aang and company will show up in a minor role.

Then again, it's quite possible there will be a conclusion to the Ursa subplot.

I think it's safe to say that this isn't going to be a direct follow-up to the series, like a Book Four or something. Mike and Brian specifically said there wouldn't be (unless you count that one comic con video.) My guess is that this will focus on some other characters in the Avatar universe. If it takes place in the same time frame as the first show, then Aang and company will show up in a minor role.

Then again, it's quite possible there will be a conclusion to the Ursa subplot.

I always pictured another trilogy of Book 4 - 6 focusing on the hanging thread and spirit world, with a bit of a time jump. If not that I'd rather they go to another time period. I don't think having a shadow group in the same time frame would be wise.

I'm rewatching this. The puppetmaster might just be the single most disturbing episode in childrenstelevision ever.

It's rape.

Copy/pasted from TVTango's Twitter:

AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER coming back as new TV series on Nickelodeon? 4 days ago Viacom filed papers to trademark AVATAR: LEGEND OF KORRA

I'm rewatching this. The puppetmaster might just be the single most disturbing episode in childrenstelevision ever.

It's rape.

I remember a bunch of fans were dissapointed that Bloodbending didn't amount to much in the series. My response: dude, why would you want it to?

Honestly, at this point, it's anyone's guess if this is a prequel or sequel series.

Korra sounds like a Water Tribe name to me. But it's apparently Tibetian, which is what the Air Nomads were based on.

Nickelodeon has just greenlit a new animated series from Avatar: the Last Airbender creators Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. According to the network's president, Brown Johnson, the series-- currently titled The Legend of Korra-- will be expanding the mythology of the Avatar franchise, setting it roughly 70 years after the original show's events with a whole new cast of characters.

"Mike and Bryan have imagined a compelling new story inspired by the Airbender mythology that they so brilliantly crafted when the TV series began," Johnson said. "This new avatar is not only a girl, but also hot-headed, independent and ready to take on the world."

Read more here : http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/110/1107556p1.html

Sounds pretty interesting so far

Latest posts

Back