The Loki Manifesto (spoilers!)

WOW! I wasn't sure what to think about Thor. I had my worries about his story, and would have believed that he wasn't a God, if it wasn't for him getting rid of the bomb and all. But now. Looking back at the issues and seeing the pictures of Loki....er Gunnar, I'm happy to say that I believe again.

Halaula!!!!!

quavers said:
WOW! I wasn't sure what to think about Thor. I had my worries about his story, and would have believed that he wasn't a God, if it wasn't for him getting rid of the bomb and all. But now. Looking back at the issues and seeing the pictures of Loki....er Gunnar, I'm happy to say that I believe again.

Halaula!!!!!
WE ALL BELIVE! AMEN! I SAID....WE ALL BELIEVE! AAAAAMEN!

WELCOME quavers! :D

I agree that I was, at first, a little apprehensive about Thor. I thought he was going to be spat out just like the 616 Thor (And maybe that's still the case) however, I think this particular story will change how Thor is as a character. Seriously, I think a modern god is being portrayed well here and it's much better than people just accepting it. That's unrealistic.

I totally agree. If I had heard about them bringing a god into the UU before reading about Thor, I'd have been absolutely up in arms over the idea. But the way is has been done is frankly sublime. Though limitations have to be in place, a god cannot do everything, it's an idea and a concept, and they only fulfill the roles they are supposed to.

Bass, you have proven yourself wise beyond our years, for really proving some non-believers with this. :wink:

You-->:rockon:

I was thumbing through a friend of mine's Thor collection. He has one of those uber-hardcovers and it reprints the first couple of dozen of issues in which Thor appeared, y'know, all the old school "Holy Cats!" stuff.

Anyway, there is an issue of Thor, which had been adapted into one of those old 60's Marvel cartoons. Basically, the plot is genius. Loki, punished by Odin, has been trapped inside a tree in Asgard. He cannot escape until someone sheds a tear for him. Well, after being trapped for many years inside this tree, Loki has rudimentary control over it, and when an Asgardian walks past, he bends a twig, and a leaf drops from it and into the Asgardian's eye... which sheds a tear! "EH-AH-AH!" Loki laughs as he is now free. And he takes the Rainbow bridge to Midgard to wreak havoc - Midgard is our EARTH! *shock* *horror* Once there, Loki assumes a mortal disguise and wanders around the streets in mortal garb. Then he starts pushing people into subway trains, and tries to steals Thor's hammer! Which he does and Thor returns to Don Blake! *choke* But Thor returns, kicks Loki's ***, and then takes him back to Asgard for punishment! The world is saved.

Now... if you remember I asked why Gunnar-Loki looked familiar to me. This is because, except for the hat worn in the story above, Loki wears the same attire as he does in the old school 616 story above.

Isn't that great?! :D

Actually, could someone ask Millar if he or Hitch referenced that guise for Gunnar? It was in Journey into Mystery #87 or 88, if I recall.

I would, but for some reason I can't sign up to Millarworld as Bass... which is my real name (if someone wants to help me out here, please do...) so if someone could do the honours and let me know if it isn't just a crazy coincidence?

Bass said:
Actually, could someone ask Millar if he or Hitch referenced that guise for Gunnar? It was in Journey into Mystery #87 or 88, if I recall.

I would, but for some reason I can't sign up to Millarworld as Bass... which is my real name (if someone wants to help me out here, please do...) so if someone could do the honours and let me know if it isn't just a crazy coincidence?

Try putting in your surname as well as your first name for the username you want

Well, I don't think that Ultimates 2 #6 will have enough room to explain away your Gunnar theory, so I'm thinking we can discount it. It was a valiant effort, but I severly doubt that it will amount to anything in the long run... While I've been wrong before, I've got a feeling Millar's worst issue in terms of wrap-ups is bound to come out soon.

Jon Lea said:
Hi everyone this is my first post so please be gentle.
All the speculation about the traitor is interesting and all. But it could be a bit of misdirection from what's really going on in this issue.
I think that Hanks lines "I'm upset because they've broken the sixty–foot ceiling. I just couldn't crack when I was Giant Man and frankly, that degrades me as a scientist", have far more significance.
The reason he couldn't crack the ceiling it isn't because he was a bad scientist but because it can't be cracked, these guys are already Giants. Or as they are better known Loki's brothers and sisters the Frost Giants.
Could these be the 'friends' that Loki says the traitor is working for?

Jon Lea posted this at Millarworld, and I thought it was a really, really cool observation. I doubt it's correct, but I loved the idea.

Bass said:
Jon Lea posted this at Millarworld, and I thought it was a really, really cool observation. I doubt it's correct, but I loved the idea.
That's absolutely awesome. Now that the line has been given more significance it reads so much better. I mean "it degrades me as a scientist" isn't just some throwaway bug but a statement on how these Giant-Men, fly in the face of what he believes is empirically possible.

I suspect Millar just wrote that in so it could look good in a comic book annotation slash director's cut look at the final product.

Very interesting.

The impression I got about the traitor and his/her accomplises was that this was a small handful of people working behnd the scenes - but if it was something like this...wow. That is huge....

Bass said:
I just agree with what u said but I doubt it will happen... that would be kind of cool though. THen again I'd like Loki/Thor to be saved for the Mini and the whole traitor thing to be left for whatever is comng up...

With that being said ... I think this thread should be closed but what Bass gas enlightened us with it could be stayed open... mod's choice...

I think we should keep it open, because I'm great. Plus, Loki does play a part in GTA, and this thread will be more relevant when the reality-shifting bastard pops up again.

just read this entire thread and its a pretty damn good read. helped me understand some things and made me think about the ultimates more deeper than i used to. well done guys, especially bass

Latest posts

Back