The most frequently asked Ultimate X-Men Question

Whose the #1 reason not to join the X-Men

• Total voters
TheManWithoutFear said:
Cyclops is written as shy around girls. That's the only negative about him. Bobby's consistent actions should have him killed.

Eh...Cyclops is a tool also, I just think Bobby's more of one because of his immaturity.

ProjectX2 said:
Who's had the more girls? Cyclops has had Polaris, Jean... Iceman has had Kitty, Rogue, himself...

Ooohhhhhh! This is turning into mother****ing "Night at the Apollo" up in here!

Ice said:
:lol:

Iceman also had a girlfriend back in his hometown where he told her about the X-Men.

True, but I'm sure Cyclops has had more than just Jean and Polaris...well, maybe not.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I have more respect for the guy who has a few serious relationships then the male whore who when it gets down to it still isn't sure what to do.

Point.

Set.

Match.

Well, Cyclops was a dick in 616 and he still is. But in comparison I find UU Cyke to be kind of harmless.

DIrishB said:
Eh...Cyclops is a tool also, I just think Bobby's more of one because of his immaturity.
Isnt someone who's a tool acts more like a "Momma's boy" type where he (or she) is all "Yes sir!" to every order and does everything he's told without any really asking questions?

DIrishB said:
Point.

Set.

Match.
Yeah, I can't argue against that, since actually, I'm on the same page as him with that point. It's why Im not liking how Bobby is written as of lately.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I have more respect for the guy who has a few serious relationships then the male whore who when it gets down to it still isn't sure what to do.

Jean has to spell it out for Cyclops. Iceman is younger than Cyke, so its not a big deal if he doesn't know what to do.

Cyclops is interesting to me because he is a leader - and a pretty good one when it comes to combat - but he's clueless with a lot of other things. The character is a lot more complex than it gets credit for, and interestingly I think it's because not many people know how to write him correctly.

Bobby Drake is a just a punk. He's the most shallow and one-dimensional character on the team. I really don't even see the point in including him.

Iceshadow said:
Jean has to spell it out for Cyclops. Iceman is younger than Cyke, so its not a big deal if he doesn't know what to do.

Just because he's older doesn't mean he should be more experienced. The less experience the more the relationship means to the person. Just because Iceman is a few years younger doesn't give him the right to act as he does. The whole point is how do you think Scott acted even when he wasBobby's age.

E said:
Cyclops is interesting to me because he is a leader - and a pretty good one when it comes to combat - but he's clueless with a lot of other things. The character is a lot more complex than it gets credit for, and interestingly I think it's because not many people know how to write him correctly.

What he said. Except I think in most cases he is being written correctly. The writers just are taking him all the way. Millar went indepth with him but that's all so far. When Vaughan was telling us Havok and Cyclops would be a major part of Magnetic North, I was expecting a lot more but we still didn't get what we were looking for.

I'm expecting a lot when Cyclops faces off against Blob and Toad.

Last edited:
I vote Cyclops. The guy can't even get laid on a friggin' DATE NIGHT! Jeez. At least Iceman got some *****. Even if it was from Gambrogue.

Gotta watch out or she'll explode your ****!

Any one who doesn't say Cyclops is a 'tool'. Cyke is the most uptight friggin wierdo ever. I mean, if it wasn't for Jean, He'd be The Mutant 40-Year-Old Virgin.

Jean Grey, what do you have to say on the matter??

Jean: Me so horny, me love you long time!

And scott?

Scott: er... me too! *awkward pause* .....baby....?

According to dictionary.com a tool is:

A person used to carry out the designs of another; a dupe.

so I guess all of the X-Men are tools of Prof. X in one way or another.

Iceshadow said:
According to dictionary.com a tool is:

A person used to carry out the designs of another; a dupe.

so I guess all of the X-Men are tools of Prof. X in one way or another.

Exactly, which is why I qualified my question. I guess Cyclops is more of a tool than Iceman, but Iceman is a far suckier character.

I nominate this for Thread of the Year.

Back