The N-Zone

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Everybody by now knows that Ellis's second arc on UFF is gonna be on the N-Zone. But what im wondering is are they gonna ultimize some of the negative zone creaturess? Like Blastar? Or any other negative zone creature?

What does anyone think?

I don't know where he can go with this other than trying to find a cure for the Thing, who really wants out it seems like.

Let's not forget that the goal from the beginning of the book would be to study the N-Zone. Now just because they have powers doesn't mean they're gonna drop everything to fight with Dr. Doom, especially when he may possibly be gaining diplomatic immunity with his Free Zone he's set up in Europe. Legally they have to drop it. Besides, they're still scientists who work for the Army.

Yes that is true. But I wonder if they will actually enciunter something that will cure The Thing. And if they actually do, will Ben actually make that choice?

Anything mentioned here is speculation; all Ellis has said is that the arc will focus on the N-Zone and what is in it.

Dark_Images said:
Let's not forget that the goal from the beginning of the book would be to study the N-Zone. Now just because they have powers doesn't mean they're gonna drop everything to fight with Dr. Doom, especially when he may possibly be gaining diplomatic immunity with his Free Zone he's set up in Europe. Legally they have to drop it. Besides, they're still scientists who work for the Army.

You bring up a good point, though, I think it's an empty body of water, so to speak, unless they explore the depths of the N-Zone to find out how they got their powers and is there a way that they can change things back to normal.

Normally, I'd say the N-Zone is something that would be explained as something on the side. But if it's the focal point of a 6-issue arc, then we should expect some revelations and action.

But I'm very curious to know if the fighting in the arc will take place completely in the N-Zone, or if some of it will spill out to the Baxter Building.

I'm not sure there will be any fighting. Ellis has said this is a sci-fi book, not a super hero book. There is some action but that's not what the book is about.

It sounds to me like Ellis is taking the same approach to this book as Mark Waid's early issues of the regular Fantastic 4 book.

Well, I was re-reading the first arc. In the first issue, they said that they had it all mapped out, however, there were no signs of life... Yuo think that has changed or something now that the molecules have been placed from the FF? Hey, that would be cool... The FF birth their own villains.

Latest posts

Back