The New Off Topic Thread 5. This isn't your parent's off topic thread!

Cool. They should be more clear about the fact that it inhibits all the drug's effects though. The title made me think of risk-free highs(not that I'm disappointed).

Maybe they did that on purpose so drug addict think "Hey, I can get high and avoid the pit falls!" Only to have it rendered completely useless

tumblr_lezv8rBzsR1qd9jlto1_500.jpg

tumblr_lf05fcLyms1qbc905o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
This was posted on a friend's Facebook wall recently, in a post talking about Sarah Palin running for office. One commenter said she was stupid:

If Sarah Palin is so stupid, how did she and John McCain get 48% of the pop vote? If not for Sarah Palin, I'm betting pore ole John would only have gotten about 20%.
As far as her quitting, she had accomplished a LOT in Alaska, and to stay on as Gov there would have not benefitted anything. I say she's a very shrewd, practical, as well as intelligent. Lots smarter than I am, for sure.

Lord help me. Rage building.

This was posted on a friend's Facebook wall recently, in a post talking about Sarah Palin running for office. One commenter said she was stupid:

Lord help me. Rage building.
If there was ever a reason to unfriend someone that's it.

http://www.bloggerbeware.com/

One brave man reads and reviews every Goosebumps book.

I am gonna waste a lot of time looking at this.

Fun site. I've browsed it every now and then, usually after a TVTropes encounter. The only thing that gets me is that I just find he's too harsh on a lot of the books even for the sake of comedy(I've read the majority of the original 62).... Goosebumps is awesome and generally well-meaning and turned a lot of my not-quite-literate friends onto independent reading during kindergarten. But still, I'm glad the blog's there.

This was really funny too. I was hoping he'd do the same thing with Black Swan and Chicken, Chicken(probably the harshest-reviewed book on the blog).

Also.... anybody read the Give Yourself Goosebumps Choose-Your-Own-Adventure ones as a kid? Some of those were so ****ing cool, especially any time you actually found a happy ending. I slept in a miniature tent in my room for like a week or two while reading A Night In Werewolf Woods, which seems, in memory, like an actual adventure I've had. I got so into that book. It helped that the friend-who's-a-girl character had the same name and description as my first-grade crush.

Also, talking about that has gotten me to think of this Comedy Goldmine, which kind of deserves its own thread.

that's false. 1337% of π is roughly 42, but not exactly. What you're saying is irrational

(see what i did there?)

Must be a distortion of the right equation then. :shifty:

Last edited:
I am going to read every review on that website. GOOSEBUMPS *was* my life as a 5-year-old. I'm not just saying that. My parents took me on vacation for a week when I was five, and I never came out of the hotel room; I stayed in and read GOOSEBUMPS the entire time. (Speaking of Chicken, Chicken, I even remember being upset at the bookstore the day it was supposed to come out because they didn't have it on the shelves yet.) Years later, I even bought all of the sequel series, GOOSEBUMPS SERIES 2000. I was a GOOSEBUMPS freak. And yes, Planet-man, I loved the Choose Your Own Adventure ones, too. I liked finding the rare happy ending.

Oh god, I can't wait to read this blog.

Edit: Oh, I'm very glad to see he states right upfront in the first review that The Haunted School was a success. That was always my favorite book in the series.

Last edited:
Edit: Oh, I'm very glad to see he states right upfront in the first review that The Haunted School was a success.

You wouldn't know it from reading his review of it, though.

Man, The Haunted School was so ****ed up. I always considered the ending to be an ultimately positive one, because
they now know how to escape from the grayworld, have proof of all the kids from '47, and can immediately all go back and beat the **** out of Mr. Chaemeleon(or at least.... you know.... demand an explanation.

I still think it had some of the more glaring plot holes in the series, but the fact that I read it in the 9th grade probably had something to do with that.

Latest posts

Back