The New Off Topic Thread 5. This isn't your parent's off topic thread!

tumblr_lhdfjyrYcO1qahhxwo1_500.jpg

"My parents are deaaaaad!"

You wouldn't know it from reading his review of it, though.

Man, The Haunted School was so ****ed up. I always considered the ending to be an ultimately positive one, because
they now know how to escape from the grayworld, have proof of all the kids from '47, and can immediately all go back and beat the **** out of Mr. Chaemeleon(or at least.... you know.... demand an explanation.

I still think it had some of the more glaring plot holes in the series, but the fact that I read it in the 9th grade probably had something to do with that.

I'm also glad to see he thinks Vampire Breath is the most well-written of the bunch, as it's one of the few in the series I have a very vivid memory of reading. Like, I remember where I was when reading each part, and exactly how long it took me to read it.

Bump to keep the image from being covered by the ad.

Did anybody see Colbert's compilation on the incandescent light-bulb ban going through Congress? I hadn't actually heard they were doing this before but am really impressed.

The far right, on the other hand, has gone beyond becoming a parody of itself. "The Lightbulb Freedom Of Rights Act"(actual title of an actual new bill). Rush Limbaugh talking about how he would refuse to use those ridiculous-looking curly($10 BILLLION dollar-a-year-saving) fluorescent bulbs. Do these people want to switch back to leaded gasoline too, because it smells more American or something?

Last edited:
If find it a little counter productive that our nations elected officials are using precious time to ***** about ****ing light bulbs when there are more dire problems at hand...take the housing market for example or our quickly increasing unemployment rate. But yeah, light bulb bans are more pressing. I don't think this is what our fore fathers imagined when they were writing up the constitution. If there were a more appropriate metaphor, imagine them complaining about banning the former candle over the latter because the latter candle lasted 4 hours longer.

This whole debate is one sad parody of itself.

So, I mentioned I moved. We moved all the big stuff this past weekend. The new house has a ton more room and I was able to put up some bookshelves for my comics. This is huge for me; at the old place I had 2 crappy bookshelves that were falling apart and didn't even hold half my books. These hold them all. I will need to get another one to have room to grow.

photo1-2.jpg

Wow, that is a lot of omnibus.

I think I have most of them. There are a few I don't have any interest in and didn't bother with. Alias and New X-Men are my favorites.

Where did you get those bookshelves from? I like the look of them.

There is a store around here called Garden Ridge - I have no idea where else they might be located. These were $70 each. It's a do-it-yourself thing but assembly is very easy and they are a lot more sturdy than they seem like they should be.

Latest posts

Back