The new Spider-Man cartoon to air on the CW.

The style actually reminds me more of Humberto Ramos than it does an attempt to mimick the style of The Batman.

It'll be interesting to see how I like this show. It'll be the first time ever that a Spidey incarnation comes about where I am actually older than Spidey. Eew....

I didn't think the Batan when i looked at pictures. Maybe similar on the first pic but the rest I thought X-men : Evolution

ugh, ramos. i'm already turned off.

you want me to turn you on?

*flicks the on switch on Hibiki's back*

you were expecting something dirty weren't you?

SHAME ON YOU!

This and the new X-Men series coming out are Marvel's last chances this decade to make a good animated series. Both of the franchises' most recent cartoons were good and these are the two most marketable things Marvel has, so hopefully these new shows are good. Really. The new F4 cartoon was awful and the Ultimate Avengers movies were "meh". Please, Marvel, make me want to wake up early on Saturdays.

The designs are okay. I want to see what they look like in motion.

Agreed on Bachalo being sucky, by the way.

Fair enough. I know I've seen a lot of early issues where Stan Lee spelt it 'Osborne'. If I can find a pic, I'll scan it in.
Doesn't really mean much. Marvel comics were notorious for typographical errors with regards to character names back in the sixties. At one point in an early issue of ASM, the letterer wrote "Paul Parker".

Oh wait, there are still typographical errors in today's Marvel comics.

Last edited:
doesn't the same thing happen with Spiderman and Spider-man?
To be fair, Marvel is actually pretty good at NOT misspelling 'Spider-Man'.

It's usually companies outside of the Toybiz-Marvel empire that make that mistake in either merchandise descriptions or press releases. The ones who really have the worst tradition of forgetting the hyphen are the people who write magazine and news articles and academic papers.

Latest posts

Back