The new Spider-Man cartoon to air on the CW.

I hope they do an actual Sinister Six. I won't accept the "Insidious Six" like in the old show.

At one point in an early issue of ASM, the letterer wrote "Paul Parker".

I heard somewhere that in the first issue of ASM, he was called Peter Palmer. Is there any truth to this?

I hope they do an actual Sinister Six. I won't accept the "Insidious Six" like in the old show.

Yeah, what was with that? Was there a rights issue or something? Or was it something to do with all of those restrictions on the show?

I heard somewhere that in the first issue of ASM, he was called Peter Palmer. Is there any truth to this?

Yeah, what was with that? Was there a rights issue or something? Or was it something to do with all of those restrictions on the show?

They didn't have the rights to Sandman and Electro so they thought Rhino and Shocker would be good substitutes. The censors thought that the word Sinister was too scary for kids so they used insidious instead.

No. He was called Parker in it, but there were SEVERAL instances where his name was spelled Spiderman instead of Spider-Man.

Whenever I see it written like that I think of that episode of Friends, when Phoebe thought that 'Spiderman' was a surname, like 'Goldman' or 'Linderman'. When it's spelt like that, I hear it pronounced as 'SpiderMIN' in my head.

Whenever I see it written like that I think of that episode of Friends, when Phoebe thought that 'Spiderman' was a surname, like 'Goldman' or 'Linderman'. When it's spelt like that, I hear it pronounced as 'SpiderMIN' in my head.

God, does everyone want Parker to be Jewish? First Bendis now Phoebe Buffet.

God, does everyone want Parker to be Jewish? First Bendis now Phoebe Buffet.

Phoebe Buffet brings up another interesting pronunciation-related, off-topic story:

My younger brother (having grown up with Friends) used to think that the word 'buffet' was pronounced 'bouffet' (because he was so used to hearing Phoebe's name). Hilarity ensued amongst my immediate family when we were at an All-U-Can-Eat place in Tampa, Florida.

Here's a better pic. of the Teaser Poster.

spidey.jpg

Source: SSH Board.

Vulture, Doc Ock, and Sandman...

The Theatric Three~!

Because I can't think of any good adjectives that start with "th".

Gothamite said:
My younger brother (having grown up with Friends) used to think that the word 'buffet' was pronounced 'bouffet' (because he was so used to hearing Phoebe's name). Hilarity ensued amongst my immediate family when we were at an All-U-Can-Eat place in Tampa, Florida.
Mmm. At first I thought you were talking about "buffet" as in "a hit". That word's too confusing. ^^;

Last edited:

The Theatric Three~!

Mmm. At first I thought you were talking about "buffet" as in "a hit". That word's too confusing. ^^;

electro too.

The Theatric Three~!

There are an electric discharge in the middle-left of the picture so it's safe to say that Electro has teamed up with them too.

electro too.
Dammit marvelman! :x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back