The nit-pickiest thread that ever picked nits.

When did Bendis say he was 16? But yeah the 100 issues= one year thing is too flawed for the UU

In the Ultimate Spider-Man Special, I believe, Daredevil asks Spider-Man how old he is, and Peter says he's 16.

True.

But if he's almost done with 10th grade, it's hard to believe that he's still 15.

Another thing that bothers me is what classes he's taking. Supposedly, Peter is some kind of uber-genius. But in one scene, he's taking geometry.

In my school, this is how it works:

8th grade middle school, algebra 1A
9th grade, algebra 1B
10th grade, geometry
11th and 12th grade, I don't know. Algebra 2, I suppose, maybe some pre-calc.

That's for average kids who only take one math per year. For gifted kids (not to brag, but that includes me) it's

7th grade, algebra 1
8th grade, geometry
9th grade, algebra 2
10th grade, pre-calc
11th grade, regular calculus or AP calc A
12th grade, statistics, no math or AP calc B

It bothers me that Peter is supposedly so smart, but he isn't in advanced math classes or doubled up on math in a year. I don't understand why he's in so many classes with dumbass Flash. I can get it later, when he's sleeping in class and not doing his homework because he's being Spider-Man, but this was near the beginning of the series.

Is it different in other school districts? I live in Pennsylvania and attend public school.

Another thing that bothers me is what classes he's taking. Supposedly, Peter is some kind of uber-genius. But in one scene, he's taking geometry.

9th grade, algebra 1B
10th grade, geometry

That's for average kids who only take one math per year. For gifted kids (not to brag, but that includes me) it's

7th grade, algebra 1
8th grade, geometry
9th grade, algebra 2
10th grade, pre-calc

It bothers me that Peter is supposedly so smart, but he isn't in advanced math classes or doubled up on math in a year. I don't understand why he's in so many classes with dumbass Flash. I can get it later, when he's sleeping in class and not doing his homework because he's being Spider-Man, but this was near the beginning of the series.

Is it different in other school districts? I live in Pennsylvania and attend public school.

Maybe he chose to stay in those classes to be near M.J?

Your questions do not need answers when you realise that your logic is not compatible with Bendis. Didn't he have Peter go to school when you Americans are normally on vacation?

Your questions do not need answers when you realise that your logic is not compatible with Bendis. Didn't he have Peter go to school when you Americans are normally on vacation?

Yeah, they never get vacation. Also, in the Hobgoblin fight scene, both Peter and Mary supposedly are skipping school (there's a cut to a school scene where the teacher notices they're absent) and yet, the moon is up really high. New York is only a few states away, so I would think it would follow the pattern of the moon being high early in the morning, but rising at least an hour or two after sunset. Therefore, even if it's dead winter where the sun sets at five, it's still really late at night.

Wow, if Mary Jane was running around near the fight scene for the hours it would take the sun to set and the moon to rise, no wonder Peter thinks she's a dumbass.

9th grade, algebra 1B
10th grade, geometry

7th grade, algebra 1
8th grade, geometry
9th grade, algebra 2
10th grade, pre-calc

That is EXACTLY how it works in all 4 of the middle/high schools that I've attended so far...3 in Michigan and one in Washington. I'd actually thought of this before...I hardly do any work at all in school...just enough to get by, and I'm in geometry. All of the over achievers (like say...Peter Parker) are taking much higher math.

Isn't she supposed to be smart too?

Oh, well. I guess it's just one of those things like having high school basketball twice a year.

A smart woman? That less believable than a man with spider powers.

Peter has been known to lie about his age.
Peter only lies about his age if he feels it will influence people's perception about him, and I doubt adding one year would do that.

In any case, Peter said he was 16 alright, but that was only after Daredevil asked him "How old are you REALLY?" when he claimed he was 26.

I get the Lucy with the football is a Peanuts reference. Peanuts is one of my favorite things ever. I just don't like that he says it. It sounds stupid.

what's #1?

It's kind of a tie between....

The Traitor Manifesto (despite the fact that he was wrong) was sheer brilliance.

Fifth Ongoing is just pure hilarity thru and thru.

But of course this is all subject to opinions.

I also think that a new rule should be in effect. Any time a thread sucks....it instantly warrants whorish advertising of The Museum.

It's kind of a tie between....

The Traitor Manifesto (despite the fact that he was wrong) was sheer brilliance.

Fifth Ongoing is just pure hilarity thru and thru.

But of course this is all subject to opinions.

I also think that a new rule should be in effect. Any time a thread sucks....it instantly warrants whorish advertising of The Museum.

E Vs Cad was better.

Latest posts

Back