The nit-pickiest thread that ever picked nits.

How did you guys manage to talk for 13 pages on eyes- squinting?

Reed richard doesn't need glasses cuz he can stretch his eyeballs..he's clever and so most artists think well i'll give him a pair of glasses to make him look clever....if you think about it putting glasses on him actually makes him look less clever like he's forgotten he can stretch his eyeballs...there's my nit-pick

and also just cuz Flash is irritating and a bully, don't necessarily think he's much stupider than Peter, he could easily be just as good...or cheat for homework

Last edited:
Reed richard doesn't need glasses cuz he can stretch his eyeballs..he's clever and so most artists think well i'll give him a pair of glasses to make him look clever....if you think about it putting glasses on him actually makes him look less clever like he's forgotten he can stretch his eyeballs...there's my nit-pick

In the Doom arc, they're flying above the ocean in the Fantasti-Car and he swoops down next to some dolphins so Sue will make out with him. It's like the scientist version of flowers. Anyway, he saw the dolphins by stretching his eyeballs and mentions that he can't hold it for very long. He specifically says that that's why he needs his glasses.

I thought too long eyeballs made you nearsighted, not farsighted. I looked myopia and hyperopia (nearsightedness and farsightedness, respectively, and can I mention how weird it is that the spell-checker accepts farsightedness as a word but not hyperopia?) and it says:

Wikipedia Hyperopia Entry said:
Hyperopia, also known as hypermetropia or colloquially as farsightedness or longsightedness, is a defect of vision caused by an imperfection in the eye (often when the eyeball is too short or when the lens cannot become round enough), causing inability to focus on near objects, and in extreme cases causing a sufferer to be unable to focus on objects at any distance.

Wikipedia Myopia Entry said:
Various forms of myopia have been described by their clinical appearance:[3][6]

* Simple myopia is more common than other types of myopia and is characterized by an eye that is too long for its optical power (which is determined by the cornea and crystalline lens) or optically too powerful for its axial length.[7] Both genetic and environmental factors, particularly significant amounts of near work, are thought to contribute to the development of simple myopia.[7]

Reed babbled some nonsense about gathering more light when he was stretching his eyes, so either the writer didn't know their stuff or they made up a pseudo-scientific explanation so they could have the handy visual aid of having his eyeballs stretch out of their sockets.

Wow, you must have been really obsessed with this issue to take a month and a half to figure it out.

I'm just curious how he keeps his glasses on. . .

Wow, you must have been really obsessed with this issue to take a month and a half to figure it out.

I'm just curious how he keeps his glasses on. . .

No, I looked up this thread because I wanted to reread people's original reactions to MJ Goblin. It took less than two minutes of research to write that post.

Reed must keep his glasses on the same way Emma Frost keeps her costumes on. That is, they're glued to his face.

No, I looked up this thread because I wanted to reread people's original reactions to MJ Goblin. It took less than two minutes of research to write that post.

Reed must keep his glasses on the same way Emma Frost keeps her costumes on. That is, they're glued to his face.

Yeah, I was just kidding. We all resurrect old threads.

I think Reed got hand-me-down glasses from Morpheus.

Latest posts

Back