The Simpsons (Discussion/Spoilers)

What I like about the simpsons is it stays funny with out having to sink to the shock comedy of family guy and south park which alot of times is just the easy and cheap laugh.

But it had sunk to the absolute pits of stupidity, which is just as bad.

South Park may use a lot of shock humour, but more often than not it's to prove a social/satirical point(and when it's not, I'll be the first to say how much I hate it...see Cartman hurts Butters bull**** episodes).

Random's spot-on on this one.

New episode was great.

Homer became a fireman and kept taking things from shops ect... beacuse the were "smoked damaged :wink: " :lol: :lol:

I demand that Marge gets her implants back!

large_marge.jpg

Last edited:
Just watched "Stop Or My Dog Will Shoot" last night. Great episode. Santa's little helper becomes a police dog. There is loads of laugh out loud moments in that episode.

My favourite moment been Bart gets a snake. When Bart leaves the snake to go to santa's little helper the snakes hisses and subtitles come up saying "Don't come crying to me the next time he hurts you" then snake hands his head "Who am I kidding i'll always be there for you.":lol: :lol:

Who here watched the 400th episode?

I thought it was funny BUT I'll admit I was disappointed. The episode it's self was good and on par with the rest of this season prooving why simpsons is the best animate comedy like it out there today.

However my disappointment grows from the fact it was on par with the rest of this season. Why? Well 100th , 200th , 300th were all great episodes and felt like they were really trying to make them stand out.

This seemed like the regular (all be it great) episodes the simpsons normally delivers just you know not 400th worthy.

Who here watched the 400th episode?

I thought it was funny BUT I'll admit I was disappointed. The episode it's self was good and on par with the rest of this season prooving why simpsons is the best animate comedy like it out there today.

However my disappointment grows from the fact it was on par with the rest of this season. Why? Well 100th , 200th , 300th were all great episodes and felt like they were really trying to make them stand out.

This seemed like the regular (all be it great) episodes the simpsons normally delivers just you know not 400th worthy.

It was moot.

So they did a 24 parody? So did South Park...months ago....at the height of "24 fever".

The Simpsons show is only because of it's name and previous time left on contract. I'll actually be glad when it's done because it's sad watching it now. It's like looking at that old guy at club who thinks he's still got it.

It was moot.

So they did a 24 parody? So did South Park...months ago....at the height of "24 fever".

The Simpsons show is only because of it's name and previous time left on contract. I'll actually be glad when it's done because it's sad watching it now. It's like looking at that old guy at club who thinks he's still got it.

the 24 episode was not the 400th dude.

The 400th was the one where Kent Brockman swears on live TV.

Also with how long it takes to make 1 simpson episode and how long it takes to make 1 south park episode Simpsons would of been planning it the same time if not longer than south park.

Another thing was the simpsons 24 episode was better done than the south park one and even had Jack Bauer getting prank called by bart. It was great. However I was talking about the 4000th episode not the 399th episode

Hmmmm....I could've sworn that it was the 24 episode. Either way....Simpsons hasn't been funny for like 2 years now.

So it's still all moot.

Hmmmm....I could've sworn that it was the 24 episode. Either way....Simpsons hasn't been funny for like 2 years now.

So it's still all moot.

Either way weren't you one of the guys who had a go at me for going in to the thread about the avatars and insulting them saying something like "if you don't like them ignore and don't post there" (don't have exact quote as it seems they were deleted)

Now THAT would be too many episodes. :)

:lol: damn you!!!!!

everywhere I look you there you are correcting me. first my all be it now this. Are you my learning gremlin

in case you are unfamiliar with a learning gremlin here is one :

The Simpsons newest CD.

The Simpsons: Testify

1. "The Simpsons" Main Title Theme
2. Testify
3. The Very Reason That I Live (featuring Kelsey Grammer)
4. He's The Man (Featuring Shawn Colvin)
5. Stretch Dude And Clobber Girl
6. "The Simpsons" End Credits Theme (Performed By Los Lobos)
7. Ode To Branson
8. Sold Separately
9. Island Of Sirens
10. They'll Never Stop The Simpsons
11. You're A Bunch Of Stuff
12. What Do I Think Of The Pie?
13. Baby Stink Breath
14. Tastes Like Liberty
15. Jellyfish
16. Homer & Marge (Featuring "Weird Al" Yankovic)
17. "Everybody Hates Ned Flanders" (featuring David Byrne)
18. I Love To Walk
19. Marjorie (Featuring Jackson Browne)
20. "The President Wore Pearls" Medley
21. Glove Slap (Featuring The B-52s)
22. O Pruny Night
23. America (I Love This Country)
24. America Rules
25. Welcome To Moe's
26. We Are The Jockeys
27. Song Of Shelbyville
28. "A Star Is torn" medley
29. Who Wants A Haircut? (Featuring Baha Men)
30. "My Fair Laddy" Medley
31. Springfield Blows
32. "King Of Cats" Itchy & Scratchy Medley
33. Lady (Featuring Ricky Gervais)
34. You Make Me Laugh
35. Lady Riff (Featuring Ricky Gervais)
36. Poppa, Can You Hear Me?
37. "Yokel Chords" Medley

PREVIOUSLY UNAIRED BONUS TRACKS
38. Hullaba Lula (FEATURING KELSEY GRAMMER)
39. Song Of The Wild Beasts
40. Dancing Workers' Song
41. Oldies And Nudies

for more details: http://music.ign.com/articles/811/811678p1.html

I bought season 10. I don't know why everyone's so down on the series at this point.

The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace and Homer to the Max are two of the best episodes of all time.

I bought season 10. I don't know why everyone's so down on the series at this point.

The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace and Homer to the Max are two of the best episodes of all time.

Just saw that one for the first time. So many laughs. But of course, it's 'cuz it's a Schwartzwelder episode. Any other writer would've made the episode completely unmemorable.

Latest posts

Back