The Simpsons (Discussion/Spoilers)

Wow, Simpsons was actually real good last night. I laughed out loud an insane amount of times for a "post good years" episode. They really should have aired this as the premiere instead of that crap we got last week.

B+

Just watched now , I'll agree it was better than last weeks and I loved last weeks.

I wonder if the stalker will be back in the future kind of like what they do with sideshow bob

Some jokes were okay, but I thought it was mostly pretty terrible. And I've defended recent SImpsons more than just about anyone.

Anyone see the new episode? :lol: :lol:

"I got you're milk right here" *points down :lol:

*after a pause you can see a fridge"

"Oh I thought you were pointing to your crotch"

:lol: :lol: brilliant episode , remember hugs are like drugs

Sorry if old but I just found out this season David Hyde Pierce will reprise his role as Sideshow Bob's (Kelsey Grammer) brother Cecil (11 years after his first appearance). The episode will also feature Bob and Cecil's dad. voiced by ...... that's right John Mahoney!

It's like a frasier reunion on the simpsons! Can't wait

Everyone here needed to watch the show tonight. Not only did Daniel Clowes, Art Spiegelman, and ALAN FRAKKIN' MOORE guest star (oh, and Jack Black lent his voice as well), but the program was actually funny. I always think it's funny, but I watched it in the mindset of you guys -- 'cept for mole :D -- and I genuinely believe some of the parts would've had you in stitches, especially the treadmill scene.

Oh, and there's also a great nod to the cover of Amazing Spider-Man #50 as well.

Aw, who am I kidding? There were comic book references everywhere you looked! Watchmen included, mole. Watchmen included. *gives mole the evil eye*

Jesus Christ, Alan Moore sounds exactly like he looks!

He sounds like a dark wizard or an ice giant or something. It's great.

The episode was decent, I actually though Moore's scene was the best.

"Could you sign my DVD of 'WATCHMEN BABIES in V for Vacation!'?"

"I hate these huge corporations, all they do is suck the blood from leaches until there's no marrow left in the bone!"

This was the first episode of The Simpsons that I have watched in ages. I'm glad I did.
Moonmaster, I agree- the Alan Moore scene was the best. Well, that and 'Maus Power.'

It would've been much better without all the wackiness of the flying comic creators. That's the big problem with The Simpsons these days. The real over-the-top stuff. it's not remotely grounded in any type of reality anymore. I still love it and it still makes me laugh more than any other cartoon (HIMYM and The Office beat it though), but it doesn't resemble at all the show I've been watching since I was 9.

I watched the Alan Moore clip on youtube and was disappointed. I thought he'd have a bigger role than that. :(

I watched this and laughed four times. Or, I should say, 'tittered'.

I laughed at the Alan Moore "heroine addicted jazz musician who isn't radioactive" line, I like the "out of business" poster for the Android Dungeon, I laughed at how well Homer became Frankenstein, and the idea that the problem with plastic surgery is that it isn't "perfected".

But that was it. The rest of it was just... desperate. Continuously barraging unfunny gags hoping that by being surreal and random it will get a laugh.

I don't think I'll watch a new episode of THE SIMPSONS for another couple of years. I'll stick to my seasons 3-8 box sets.

Just watched the episode with John Mahoney as Sidshow bob dad and David Hyde Pierce returning as Cecil , A little disappointed John Mahoney didn't sound like himself as I kind of hoped the dad would be like Martin Crane , However it was still a great episode.

Last night's episode was so strange. (Of course, it was an Eternal Sunshine/It's a Wonderful Life parody.) I still don't know what to think about it.

On the other hand, it looks awesome in HD. :D

Last night's episode was so strange. (Of course, it was an Eternal Sunshine/It's a Wonderful Life parody.) I still don't know what to think about it.

On the other hand, it looks awesome in HD. :D

It was quite forgettable.

Latest posts

Back