The Social Thread: Houde Ain't Gettin' Some Tonight

Today I got my Mini Marvels TPB's signed by Chris Giarrusso, met and took a picture with Brian O'Halloran (Clerks), met and hung out with Phil Jimenez for four hours and he sketched me an Iceman piece.

Best day ever.

10609217_10152553880691858_1910380894_n.jpg

Yesterday I got to meet George Perez!! I got Crisis on Infinite Earths signed by him and even got a photo with him where he hugged me!!!

Nerd. Heaven.

I've been out of work for some time now, but thanks to a friend's help, last month I applied to work at a GameStop store. Last week I had an interview and got the job! Now I start my first day tomorrow! I'm so excited!

I've applied to job after job after job for a very long time and it feels great to finally get one after the umpteenth try. And to be at one where it's a passion of mine (video games, of course) makes it that much better!

Now I can start saving up to get a Wii-U by Christmas!

I've been out of work for some time now, but thanks to a friend's help, last month I applied to work at a GameStop store. Last week I had an interview and got the job! Now I start my first day tomorrow! I'm so excited!

I've applied to job after job after job for a very long time and it feels great to finally get one after the umpteenth try. And to be at one where it's a passion of mine (video games, of course) makes it that much better!

Now I can start saving up to get a Wii-U by Christmas!

I started at a new place about 3 weeks ago after being unemployed for over a year. I'm just glad I have money coming in again.

I've been out of work for some time now, but thanks to a friend's help, last month I applied to work at a GameStop store. Last week I had an interview and got the job! Now I start my first day tomorrow! I'm so excited! I've applied to job after job after job for a very long time and it feels great to finally get one after the umpteenth try. And to be at one where it's a passion of mine (video games, of course) makes it that much better! Now I can start saving up to get a Wii-U by Christmas!

I started at a new place about 3 weeks ago after being unemployed for over a year. I'm just glad I have money coming in again.

That's great to hear, congrats to you guys.

I too was out of work for awhile, but got a job as a file clerk/receptionist for a pain management clinic. Unfortunately it sucks, since I essentially deal with OxyContin addicts all day. Been looking for something else, in the meantime. It is really tough finding a job, though, even in retail, which is essentially the easiest field to find a job (or at least it used to be).

Anyway, good luck with the new gigs, gents.

That's great to hear, congrats to you guys.

I too was out of work for awhile, but got a job as a file clerk/receptionist for a pain management clinic. Unfortunately it sucks, since I essentially deal with OxyContin addicts all day. Been looking for something else, in the meantime. It is really tough finding a job, though, even in retail, which is essentially the easiest field to find a job (or at least it used to be).

Anyway, good luck with the new gigs, gents.

I couldn't even get interviews for the longest time, then I set two up in a row. One was for ups as a clerk and the other was for a company doing the property tax reassessment here. I went with the tax folks because I get full benefits at 90 days instead of a year. I'm even already accruing pto time. The pay isn't great but the job is comically easy. Basically data entry where I get to listen to podcasts all day.

Pretty good. My dog keeps trying to kill me though. I'm rearranging my apartment and I was carrying a stack of omnibus (omnibeses? omnibi?) and she decides to leave her hard plastic ball in the middle of the path. Then a bit later she did it two more times when I was carrying my TV and when I was carrying my game consoles. I think she's part cat.

Latest posts

Back