The Social Thread: Houde Ain't Gettin' Some Tonight

I had to go to San Diego fro work last week and they had sucky food.

I have to give a presentation this week to 150 plus people with little preperation. This is in the middle of downtown Boston, which I have to be at by eight, and stay until at least 6:30.

I challenged myself at work. I'm wondering if it's worth it, or if I actually want to be a molecular biologist anymore.

I'm wondering if it's worth it, or if I actually want to be a molecular biologist anymore.

I'm constantly wrestling with the feeling of not knowing if I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

It's not so much that I don't like it or don't want to do it, I just feel like I'm not doing it right. Like I'm supposed to be doing things differently and I can't figure it out.

I'm constantly wrestling with the feeling of not knowing if I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

It's not so much that I don't like it or don't want to do it, I just feel like I'm not doing it right. Like I'm supposed to be doing things differently and I can't figure it out.

It's ridiculous at the moment. Everyday I get to job, do my job, which I'm real good at, but at the end of the day I feel like what I've done didn't really do anything.

And trust me, the stuff I'm doing is cutting edge cancer diagnosis. It's changing people's lives.

Yet I feel, unsatisfied? It's a weird feeling. My dreams have been crazy for the last couple of months.

It's ridiculous at the moment. Everyday I get to job, do my job, which I'm real good at, but at the end of the day I feel like what I've done didn't really do anything.

And trust me, the stuff I'm doing is cutting edge cancer diagnosis. It's changing people's lives.

Yet I feel, unsatisfied? It's a weird feeling. My dreams have been crazy for the last couple of months.

Maybe we are having a midlife crisis

I don't think that's uncommon. Pretty much everyone goes through "what's the point of all this?" to varying degrees. Sometimes people think the answer is to change their circumstances, so they quit their jobs, leave their husbands/wives/partners, move somewhere else, etc. And from what I've seen, people are usually just as unsatisfied, if not more so when then do. Other people just knuckle down and try to find satisfaction in the good things of their life (family, helping people, money). Others, like me, take this innate restlessness and lack of satisfaction as evidence that there must be something beyond "all this stuff" and that we were designed to find our satisfaction in it/Him.

So maybe you're having a midlife crisis. Maybe you need Jesus! :)

Does this mean we are going to go on a roadtrip together to find the meanign of life and realize it was at home all along?

I'm game.

I've been going though that for what feels like five years now. I feel like I haven't accomplished anything with my life. I look at what I've done over the years, things like helped run multiple local political campaigns, co-wrote a produced screenplay, traveled the country playing MTG... Most people haven't had the successes that I have would even attempt the things that I've failed at, but I don't feel like I've made any connection with anything. It almost feels like I've just been filling time. And its only gotten worse since I lost my job last year.

Its frustrating. And empty.

Clearly we need to open up The Comic Board comic book shop and rule the world.

Just sayin'. :)

And then when E says "I'm closing down the site and burning all my comics", it'll take on a slightly new meaning!

Last edited:
Thought up by Houde, put together by me:

ScreenShot2014-06-11at93414PM_zps5c1192a1.png

At first I was confused, then I was scared, next I was angry, but now I realize that it is almost as good as Hulk sex!

Thought up by Houde, put together by me:

ScreenShot2014-06-11at93414PM_zps5c1192a1.png

hahaha, that's hilarious! Everything about that makes me happy. Especially that Ice is also wondering who the hell invited Ice.

For the record, I'm not having an infinite midlife crisis. But I'll come! Can we listen to 500 Miles by The Proclaimers on loop?

So I just got visited by a door to door vacuum salesman....and I bought it.

It's actually really good.

And I got them to bring the price of the thing way down.

And I don't know how I feel about it.....

It's been a weird life since I had this kid.

It's a Kirby.

Like the character.

Latest posts

Back