Spider-Man The Superior Spider-Man (Slott/Stegman/Delgado) SPOILERS

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN Revealed at Marvel NOW! With New Suit

supriorspider-man_02.jpg

The original "Superior" teaser was the most enigmatic of Marvel's one-word clues to the future of their Marvel NOW! relaunch. Last week, the word added a few more: Slott, Stegman, Ramos. All three, the writer and two artists, are closely associated with one Peter Parker, Spider-Man. With Amazing Spider-Man coming to an end with Decemeber's 700th issue, the creative team being attached to "Superior" in January 2013 certainly made us think Spider-Man. But what did "Superior" actually mean?

Well, we were right about Spidey, and he's definitely going to be superior. Revealed today by Marvel on USAToday's comics page, Spider-Man has a new series, new abilities, and like his pal over at that other publisher, a new suit to boot. And he'll be darker, with "friendly neighborhood" out the door, says USAToday.

Re: The Superior Spider-Man (Slott/Stegman/Delgado)

Well, we were right about Spidey, and he's definitely going to be superior. Revealed today by Marvel on USAToday's comics page, Spider-Man has a new series, new abilities, and like his pal over at that other publisher, a new suit to boot. And he'll be darker, with "friendly neighborhood" out the door, says USAToday.

Oh good...:?

wait, which pal at the other publisher?

EDIT:

The sketch of Spidey's slightly altered costume may also have revealed one of his new abilities. There's a "retractable claw" marked on his toe. While the writer wasn't quoted as directly hinting this might not be Peter Parker, it was teased that a replacement isn't out of the question.

supspider-man1_02.jpg

Well the costume is hardly different. He has a retractable claw on his big toe (?) and maybe, juuuust maybe it's not Peter Parker.

I don't know. I'm sure it will either be fine or not last very long. Or both.

The writer teased that something very bad will be happening to Peter Parker in Amazing Spider-Man #700, and it will culminate in him being more ruthless in order to be more effective.
Man, if they kill MJ though...

Last edited:

That was in reference to the "pal" thing before you edited the other things in your previous post.

This sounds kind of awful.

I'm hoping the claw in the toe thing is strictly for improving his climbing ability as opposed to a weapon. As a way to improve his climbing, it could be used to help him run up the sides of buildings by having the claw dig into the building sides. If its a weapon, its kind of impractical and not really going to do much good against his many super-powered villains. Plus as a weapon its just shallow and retarded, though does tie into the "darker" approach they're going to take, which just seems ludicrous, unnecessary, and an altogether immature and unintelligent approach for the character.

I presume this wont be Peter Parker because giving Spider-Man climbing aids is like giving Superman a pair of wings, Batman a money pouch, and Wolverine a plaster.

I presume this wont be Peter Parker because giving Spider-Man climbing aids is like giving Superman a pair of wings, Batman a money pouch, and Wolverine a plaster.

Good point. Though in regards to my statement, I always just assumed Spidey (Parker) could stick to walls with his fingers/hands, and just used his feet to push up. Do his feet have tacky/sticky powers too? I'm honestly unsure. Hence my suggestion it being a climbing aid (specifically to run up the side of buildings using his webs to propel himself upwards at a high rate of speed).

I had mentioned this a long time ago, but his feet do stick as well. There was an issue before where Peter was taking the subway and something hit or it tipped, can't remember, but all the other passengers fell to the ground except Peter. They all looked at him wondering why he was still standing and he had said that he got new sneakers and they really work (or something like that, don't remember exact wording).

I had mentioned this a long time ago, but his feet do stick as well. There was an issue before where Peter was taking the subway and something hit or it tipped, can't remember, but all the other passengers fell to the ground except Peter. They all looked at him wondering why he was still standing and he had said that he got new sneakers and they really work (or something like that, don't remember exact wording).

So his sticky powers work through the rubber soles of sneakers? Weird.

Yeah, you kind of have to suspend your disbelief on that. His hands are also sticky through his gloves. But his shoes and gloves never get stuck to his feet and hands. Actually, I liked that part of the origin story in Raimi's Spider-Man film. He couldn't figure out how to stop his hands from sticking to things sometimes.

The claws on his feet might be stingers too. Maybe they are venomous. In the last issue of ASM when Madam Web's precog ability kicked into overdrive, one of the future flashed they showed was arms with stinger/spikes coming out. To me the looked like the stingers Spidey got in "The Other."

Maybe Superior Spider-Man is a continuation of those dangling plot threads.

Whatever it is, I'm just waiting it out. I want to rant and complain but I have NO idea what's actually going to happen. So I'm just sitting tight and waiting.

He's "superior" because he has a retractable claw and is darker?

Do they not remember what happened last time the last time he got extra powers?

Normally I'll give almost anything a chance but I'm not even going to bother with this.

Via the Cup O' Joe panel (and read on CBR):

"Wacker confirmed that "Superior Spider-Man" will feature a Spider-Man who is not Peter Parker, which Dan Slott said earlier this week."

I'll probably pick this up and read it at some point, but I'm going to let a good amount of time go by first. I don't want to give Marvel my money for this. Sorry Marvel, I'm out. Again.

wait, what?

WHO IS THAT KISSING MJ?!?!?!

oh...l I'm glad the terrible things that are going to be happening to Spidey don't involve MJ dying.

I'm such a wreck.

Marvel, what are you doing to my Spider-Man?

Latest posts

Back