The Ultimates 2 #4 Discussion (Spoilers)

Wamu said:
okay here's why I think it's Loki causing trouble.

in issue 1, when Thor is speaking with Volstagg, there is a man seen in the background looking directly at Thor's table. he has what I would call an evil grin.(someone already pointed him out in another thread). anyway, right after this guy passes out of the fram, Thor's buddy Volstagg is no longer there. the waiter says something about how he has been talking to himself for 5 minutes. as soon as this guy walked by, reality changed.

now in issue 4 Gunnar Golmen looks exactly like the guy from issue 1! check it out.

now if Gunnar is just a simple scientist, why is he doing survalliance and taking the risk that Thorlief would notice him? also, the story about the theft rings a bit untrue. I know people like breaking the rules, but if I am working on a top secret super human defense program, how in the world does he get clearance to let his brother see it? doesn't sound right to me.

Gunnar is Loki. book him Dano.
Woooooooow....that just keeps making me believe EVEN MORE (if that's even possible) in Thor's words.

WELCOME MAN! :D

(If I haven't said it before)

Wamu said:
okay here's why I think it's Loki causing trouble.

in issue 1, when Thor is speaking with Volstagg, there is a man seen in the background looking directly at Thor's table. he has what I would call an evil grin.(someone already pointed him out in another thread). anyway, right after this guy passes out of the fram, Thor's buddy Volstagg is no longer there. the waiter says something about how he has been talking to himself for 5 minutes. as soon as this guy walked by, reality changed.

now in issue 4 Gunnar Golmen looks exactly like the guy from issue 1! check it out.

now if Gunnar is just a simple scientist, why is he doing survalliance and taking the risk that Thorlief would notice him? also, the story about the theft rings a bit untrue. I know people like breaking the rules, but if I am working on a top secret super human defense program, how in the world does he get clearance to let his brother see it? doesn't sound right to me.

Gunnar is Loki. book him Dano.

Welcome to the clubs (The Thor is real and UltimateCentral clubs) :twisted:

I don't have U2 #2 handy, but I'd like to point out again... did we see Gunnar before or after it was revealed Volstagg wasn't really there? Because that raises the question of whether or not Gunnar was really there either.

first appearance of Gunnar

jtg3885 said:
I don't have U2 #2 handy, but I'd like to point out again... did we see Gunnar before or after it was revealed Volstagg wasn't really there? Because that raises the question of whether or not Gunnar was really there either.

Gunnar appears just after Volstagg has warned Thor about Loki. As Thor is replying to Volstagg, Gunnar is shown behind Thor's back. Than the next frame shows Gunnar leaving the building, and the waiter wondering why Thor is talking to thin air. In neither frame does Thor appear to see Gunnar.

Wamu said:
Gunnar appears just after Volstagg has warned Thor about Loki. As Thor is replying to Volstagg, Gunnar is shown behind Thor's back. Than the next frame shows Gunnar leaving the building, and the waiter wondering why Thor is talking to thin air. In neither frame does Thor appear to see Gunnar.
Okay. Just curious, because I wouldn't put it past them to have Thor be like, "I saw you there!" and Gunnar be like, "Don't look at me, I was half a continent away at the time!"

I think that was probably the best issue of any ultimate title I've read in a long time. I would love to see Thor just kick everyone's a**.

Let me say first off that this was another great issue. This series has so far topped the first, vaulting a high bar. The little bits of characterization and real life moments are perfect. There's a whole lot going on in each and every issue, but it's not cramped. And the pace has been perfect. Lots of deatail but no slowness.

I also happen to be in the Thor's real (in some fashion) camp. As for others the big issue is the teleportation of the Chitauri bomb. No earth technology would be capable of that. Period.

*ponders* Came up with another theory while I was sitting here naked in a beanbag eating Cheetos. Another Column A and Column B type of thing. We've noticed some inconsistencies between the known powers of the Thor hardware, and the powers that Thor has exhibitted. What if Thorlief had powers before even donning the Thor costume?

I hate to bring up Harry Potter, but think of Thor like a wizard. Every wizard is born with innate power, and sometimes it goes awry and causes weird things to happen. But when the wizard uses a wand, he can channel and control his power to make what he desires actually happen.

What if Mjøllnir and the rest of the hardware are just Thor's wand?

I don't know how Millar will do this :shock: If The Ultimates doesn't kill thor it would take more than just one issue for them to say sorry and to beat up loki as that lying ***** he is ?

I think Thor's real, purely because of the bomb from V1. The Skrulls said that it was going to cause the Solar System to be destroyed, not just earth, but everything else around here. No man made teleportation device would have been able to remove it from the range it would have in time. He's got to be a Man/God thing.

Plus he knows about the Pheonix.

Great issue, like Captain Italy, a bit of an *** captain. Can't wait to see the fight next time.

"Sorry chum. You're nuts and you're going down."

It's going to be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong month.

God I love this issue. Especially since I thought Millar was losing his touch (the awful dialogue of Iron Man with Black Widow while flying), but in seconds, I fell straight back into love. So much so, I've blocked out anything that wasn't perfect.

I love how we've been going "Who's Thor?" and then Loki (and it's Loki, we know it) tells this "MiracleMan"-esque story with no awe, no hope and no wonder, and we start going, "No! He is the God of Thunder! He must be!" and our hearts feel for Thor.

Terrific writing. I'm in love.

Oh, and one more thing: Thor as Jesus Christ parallel #732: I wouldn't be surprised if the forest that Thor is waiting in is called "Gethesemane".

For those who don't know, Jesus, knowing that he's about to condemned and crucified is in Gethsemane. A garden. And he prays to God to spare him the crucifixtion. But Jesus waits at Gethsemane, knowing he will be captured, tortured and killed.

Thor can teleport anywhere. Possibily within dimensions. And he's kneeling by Mjolnir, the posture of prayer, waiting for the Ultimates and what does he say? "Let my people go."

It's going to be a long month.

TheManWithoutFear said:
If there's one thing I love more than the whole Thor scenerio myself, it's how hyped up we all are about it.
I couldn't agree more....though I probably would...:lol:

I'm not hyped at all.

Nope.

By the way, I was reading #4, and on the 16th time, I realised that Captain America is supposed to look like Brad Pitt. But I think Thor looks like Brad Pitt much more so.

Does anyone else agree?

*looks at watch*

Nope, still a month to go. :drooling:

"Our moody Italian friend over there is Umberto Landi. Captain Italy. You might have seen those leaked training photographs of him on the news lately."
"Eh, don't blame me for the protests. Not my fault if security dunno how to keep a secret."

Another leak.

That's... something.

I wonder who's behind this one too...

In Ultimates 2 #1 There was this guy talking to THor about Loki would use a monster to own him ... could this monster be Hulk ? What you think ?

Loki's weapon

SeAcoW said:
In Ultimates 2 #1 There was this guy talking to THor about Loki would use a monster to own him ... could this monster be Hulk ? What you think ?

Hey all. Glad to have found the ultimate collection of ulti-maniacs.

Loki's weapon- any chance this is the ultimate version of the cosmic cube? I am not that familiar with the original verse Thor. Could Loki change reality in that series? Because I am wondering how he is changing things. After all Fury believes that he already knew about Thorleif. That is a very specific memory to have. How was it implanted? I am guessing the cosmic cube.

Another truly great issue. A few things in support of our pal Thor:

-Gunnar/Loki was also at the riot in Italy, he is in the bottom left of the big panel where the cops are just starting to wail on the protesters. Loki was manipulating the cops to attack the protesters in order to create a situation which he could turn against Thor, just as he has been doing all along.

-If a country like Norway :roll: or any other for that matter invented a device that could control weather and teleport objects anywhere, they certainly wouldn't give it to some guy to be super hero. I mean come on.....DUH,a device like that would change all of mankind forever, not just be a neat power for scandanavian super guy. It doesn't make sense and the fact that Fury is so quick to swallow the whole thing makes me think he is at the centre of Loki's manipulations. Also if "Gunnar" invented all this stuff how come he can't A)make it again or B)come up with something to nullify it.

Things are happening just as Volstagg warned Thor they would.

I wish Ironman would have stuck to his guns and refused to get involved. Cap however didn't suprise me,he will do what ever he is told so long as he gets to be the hero man, he is a way bigger loser than Hank or Bruce ever were. Frankly I hope Thor takes him down a peg and he starts to think about all the crap thats really going on around him, he (Cap) started to scratch the surface of conspiracy in Ultimate Six but has since gone back to being a blindly content goverment stooge. But again that is fine with him as long as he is big strong Cap and doesn't have to be wimpy Steve Rogers any more. One day Cap is bound to learn that true strength comes from within, and when he does he will have alot to be sorry for.

Geez what a great book!

Latest posts

Back