Votes: 8 22.2%

Votes: 13 36.1%

Votes: 10 27.8%

Votes: 3 8.3%

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
I was really impressed with this issue. It was great to get a chance to get inside Fury's headand see where he's coming from. Yes, some of the decisions and actions he takes may be drastic and even less-than-honorable, but this issue provided reasoning for those choices.

It was also great to see the Lieberman character. Before finishing the issue I was sure he'd be the next Cap in line, or maybe end up as Ultimate USAgent or something. As for the other super-heroes showing up in the issue, The Seasons were kind of weak (but I guess that was the point). It was also cool to see the Defenders show up, and Whiz-Kid and their meeting was classic.

Its pretty obvious timeline-wise this issue takes place during the "Six Weeks Later" jump in Ultimates 2 #7.

Overall I really enjoyed the issue and it definitly geared me up even more for the rest of Ultimates 2. I hope more of these Ultimate Annual books end up happening in the future.

I bet I'm the only one who noticed this:

Look at the scene where they move to the strip club with Jarvis (who looks like he's knocked out in the first panel of that page), Tony, and Fury. Look at the guy to the left. I'd say Millar did this on purpose:

It's not really Colossus, but it looks JUST LIKE HIM in his metal form. And what is he doing? Shooing away a girl.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

icemastertron said:
I bet I'm the only one who noticed this:

Look at the scene where they move to the strip club with Jarvis (who looks like he's knocked out in the first panel of that page), Tony, and Fury. Look at the guy to the left. I'd say Millar did this on purpose:

It's not really Colossus, but it looks JUST LIKE HIM in his metal form. And what is he doing? Shooing away a girl.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

I noticed it, and it could really be Colossus, maybe Tony invited him for some reason.

He got on well with the Xmen at the party...

the traitor:

It has to be FURY. He is taking out all the people who can stop him: Thor, a god who can stop him, Hulk, a monster who can stop him, Cap, a superhuman to stop him, Hawkeye, a man who could assassinate him, Mr. Nix, an assassin, prolly will take out Black Widow, maybe. An what is he doing? he is building a huge army of supersoldiers (26) to use, to grandly steal america. Hence the title, Grand Theft America. and that, my friends, is the answerr to the mystery.

The end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know! it just came to me and i was like holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap

it works...

I hope the four seasons turn out to be cooler than how they were... But I did really enjoy Lieberman's character. I wonder how many soldiers they've gone through this with...

And Fury is really turning into the Weatherman (Bendix, I mean) from Stormwatch...

Hahahahahhahahahhahahahah!!!!!!! I just had a second read through and get this: Son of Satan is Fury's spy in the Defenders! He's like, I'm gonna kill whoever put me on this assignment. It isnt whizkid as were led to believe.!! hahaha!

marvelman said:
Hahahahahhahahahhahahahah!!!!!!! I just had a second read through and get this: Son of Satan is Fury's spy in the Defenders! He's like, I'm gonna kill whoever put me on this assignment. It isnt whizkid as were led to believe.!! hahaha!
Yeah, got that on the first read. Pretty cool. But Mark wrote it to make it seem it was the guy in the wheel chair at first.

I so love this issue. It :rockon:-ed so much.

The BEST part was when Fury showed Liber the Cap'n A suit. At first I was "US Agent"? But was "nah" right away. Then when he said it was incase of anything happened to cap.....I was like...WO! :shock:

That was THE. BEST. SCENE. PERIOD.

To say the least, this issue was not what i expected..... but that is not a bad thing...... arn't these supposed to be classic 616 charactors revamped for the Ultimate universe? I've never heard of the Four Seasons, The Rocket Men, or Thunderbolt, or Intangi-Girl...... and what about Owen,Rusk, and O'Donohue.....Who could they be........ But it was'nt bad for the first Ultimates Annual

And I too think Fury could be the traitor.... but then again it could be Miller setting us up.......... can't wait for the other three annuals to hit shelves..

What Millar said was that he was using new characters. He never specifically said the characters were going to ultimized ones.

Also, the Four Seasons- am I the only one who thought of Millar making like a Fantastic Four version for S.H.I.E.L.D.?

yes, here at least. I always thought making heroes for the seasons would be cool, and this confirmed my belief. Their costumes rocked!

I didn't really consider this a story at all. I got the impression that the entire purpose behind the annual was Miller's way of fleshing out story ideas from the main issues that he may have dropped due to space. Alot of what is shown in this issue has a lot to do with set up, and not just set up for the Ultimates. The little nod toward the Hulk is a nice little set up toward the miniseries that was mentioned, Hulk vs Wolverine (is Miller supposedly doing this?) and the bit about needing to have someone around to replace Cap America is not only a pretty fair nod toward the discussed Cap mini. The suggestion here being that it might be Rogers becoming USAgent should he leave SHIELD and the military...an interesting idea I think.

Anway, I was actually very disappointed with this annual. I saw little point to it other then to get four bits from me and to introduce a bunch of charcters that may or may not be important in later issues...which was something Miller most likely had planned for before being told Ultimates was getting an annual.

I hope the other annuals are better than this one was.

this just didn't do it for me...i really couldn't get behind the art in this one...i did however like lieberman's character and fury's thought process of having a back up cap makes perfect sense...other than that...ehh..

ultimatedjf said:

3/5 for me too.

I enjoyed getting a look inside of Fury's head.

The Hulk part was great.

Loooooved the scene with the Defenders (I really hope they get their sponsors and maybe even become a real superteam.)

The whole Lieberman thing was great.

And I laughed out loud about Colossus' appearance. :lol:

Latest posts

Back