the Ultimates Annual (speculation)

Goodwill said:
Well, if he's replacing them, then there's still a good chance that he's a villain. I was only referring to the first two sentences... I shouldn't have copied your whole post.

Regardless none of my post was intended on making anyone think Fury's the villain. That means team-B is more villain-like. We'll have to see what happens during GTA before we can assume why Fury needs another team.

Well, I doubt this idea is really plausible but what if instead of seeing Fury roll out a whole new super-team, half the annual is actually a flashback of Fury's days with Hawkeye as a low-budget superteam (sort of the thin line between being an ultra spy and a post human). It's not really the Howling Commandos but its analogous to it.

That or it's freaking Ultimates West Coast.

West Coast would be my guess, too... I don't think Millar's interested in more of the big guns, so he'll go for the z-lists.

Goodwill said:
West Coast would be my guess, too... I don't think Millar's interested in more of the big guns, so he'll go for the z-lists.
Considering that Avengers West Coast has included such illustrious names as Living Lightning in its roster, I think its fair to say that Millar has no shortage of z-listers to include in an Ultimates West Coast. :D

ourchair said:
Considering that Avengers West Coast has included such illustrious names as Living Lightning in its roster, I think its fair to say that Millar has no shortage of z-listers to include in an Ultimates West Coast. :D

One of the last issues of Iron Man that I bought when I quit comics a few years ago was a fight with Living Lightning. :lol:

UltimateE said:
One of the last issues of Iron Man that I bought when I quit comics a few years ago was a fight with Living Lightning. :lol:

"The earth will tremble as Titans clash!Nothing will ever be the same!"

Ah............nineties pitches,ya gotta love em!

:) Well, at least we're familiar with some of them, right? I mean, we can't go into the West Coast not knowing what to expect! :lol:

Mark Millar said:
Cheers, Tobin. We LOVED doing The Defenders and I had an idea for a series, but in the meantime the only place to see them is the Ultimates annual (just for three pages) as they try to recruit a hero in a wheel-chair so they can qualify for corporate sponsorship. They also make an appearance in Grand Theft America, though the tone is a little different. It made a nice contrast to the billion dollar heroes. I love these guys.

Has this been seen before?

The second team are Fury's Reserves. It says so in the solicts.

ProjectX2 said:
Has this been seen before?
No, we haven't. Least, not I. But this does not constitute that they are Fury's other team. Not saying that is what you imply, or that you're implying anything. Just that we already know that Fury's other team is of members we have not seen in the Ultimate Universe.

No, I was just saying they're appearing in the annual. And Grand Theft America.

Ah, not seen this thread before. A totally new team of totally new characters. Sounds good to me.

I certainly do think that patriot is right too, it makes perfect sense to use the main Ultimates as a decoy for a little band of black ops guys that wear casual clothes. If someone is out to get the Ultimates, then another team would undoubtedly be set up to get the getters.

Sounds fun

Spade said:
its going to be alpha flight im sure (of course the stupid ultimate x-man killed off sasquach)
Dont think so. Alpha Flight is a Canadian team. I doubt anyone from America would run a team in Canada.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's going to be the Ultimate Marvel Knights. And they're gonna round up all of the guys who had guest appearances in the ultimate titles and they're going to show us how SHIELD handles these men who take justice into their own hands.
Actually that is a good possibility and wodn't be too bad either.

I agree, not a bad idea.

But I believe it was stated by Millar that the new team are brand-new characters.

Bass said:
I agree, not a bad idea.

But I believe it was stated by Millar that the new team are brand-new characters.
Really? Coz I thought it was going to be a totally new team of totally new characters.

And I'll just say that again so that people pick up on it.

It's a totally new team of totally new characters. Millar said so.

FACT!

Latest posts

Back