the Ultimates Annual (speculation)

fantomex

"the Ultimates Annual is by Mark Millar and Steve Dillon, with Ultimates co-creator Bryan Hitch supplying the cover. The Ultimates Annual is said to feature Nick Fury's OTHER superteam."

i know that someone is already going to start this , but i could not wait to talk about this. i mean come on Nick Fury's OTHER superteam. i know there are people out there all already trying to think of who could be on his other team.

if anyone has ideas please post them.

Here are possible people I think will be on there.

- Hawk-Owl
- Hank Pym
- Black Panther
- She-Hulk

The return of Beast! :twisted:

1. I want to say I'm glad people are starting "threads" dedicated to seperate annuals. That's how it should go.

2. I say it involve all of the other heroes that have shown up in the Ultimate Universe. aka whoever shows up in the New Warriors arc, Daredevil ahem.... Marvel Knights... ahem.... they have to be tied into SHIELD somehow....

thee great one said:
Here are possible people I think will be on there.

- Hawk-Owl
- Hank Pym
- Black Panther
- She-Hulk

Whats the logic behind BP and She-hulk?

UltimateE said:
If he did return, I really want Bobby to find out. Oh yeah, the rest of the X-Men, too. OR- say Beast did return, and Bobby found out, but never told the X-Men....

icemastertron said:
If he did return, I really want Bobby to find out. Oh yeah, the rest of the X-Men, too. OR- say Beast did return, and Bobby found out, but never told the X-Men....

Whats up with Bobby and Beast?Or is it just favouitism cuz he's a popsicle? :p

Patriot said:
Haven't read my back issues in yonks,my bad.Why wouldn't he tell?
I don't know. I thought with that, it can add more...something to the characters. With how things ended with Beast and Xavier, and what went on in the mansion before he left, probably Beast doesn't want the others knowing about him really being alive, therefore, wants Bobby to keep it a secret, though that probably wouldn't last long.

hmmm...very interesting news. Do you all think there's a possibility this is the OTHER Ultimates team mentioned in the Ultimates Special. It was mentioned that it was likely Fury/SHIELD had another team before the formation of the current Ultimates, and that this may have been the team Dr. Storm was referring to in the first UFF arc when Reed, Ben, and Johnny go to fight Mole Man's monster. I don't know if this is the case, more likely it was just a chronological mistake on Millar and Bendis' part, but maybe this is a way that they're trying to resolve some of those mistakes.

When in the Ultimate timeline do you think this will take place? I'm guessing before Ultimates 2, but after Ultimate Nightmare, Secret, and possibly even Extinction. Just my guess.

As for who might be on the team, I'm thinking:

Falcon (very likely)
Hank Pym (might be on the team if he hasn't left the Ultimate Defenders)
Vision (it only makes sense)
Karma (very likely)
Warbird (likely after her appearance in Ultimate Secret)
Captain Marvel (also likely after US)

Otherwise, I have no idea. Its possible Hawk-Owl could be on the team, but unlikely considering his refusal to join the team before.

Last edited:
I think Hawk-Owl would be sweet to see again, but I don't think he'd be on Nick Fury's team.

I really REALLY want it to be the Howling Commandos. We've seen Dugan, they can throw in the rest of the crew, and possibly Quartermain in there too, if only because he's already been produced. I mean, we've seen Fury in action solo in uXM, I don't see why having his own little squad would be out of the question. Hell, it can be them sitting around smoking cigars while having flashbacks for all I care, that'd be fine.

iceman said:
I think Hawk-Owl would be sweet to see again, but I don't think he'd be on Nick Fury's team.
He's not going to be. Check the the annuals thread to see why. MM has said himself who's on the team.....well...sort of. :wink:

Patriot said:
Whats the logic behind BP and She-hulk?

The logic behind this is because thier two 616 avengers members that havn't been ultimatize yet and with Ultimates coming to a end they would like to add more characters to the legacy.

UltimateE said:

Im going to hurt you!!!!!!!!!.

I would have to say that it's gonna be the Falcon and other B-list characters. Maybe She-Hulk, Captain Marvel (Mahr Vehl) .

René said:
Im going to hurt you!!!!!!!!!.

I would have to say that it's gonna be the Falcon and other B-list characters. Maybe She-Hulk, Captain Marvel (Mahr Vehl) .
Nope. It will be no character that is already, or has been in the Ultimate Universe. Again, see the "SilverBulletComics Reveal the Ultimate Annuals" to see why.

"It's not my place to give away the details of the other two annuals, but my own will feature a brand new super-team in The Ultimates, made up entirely of new characters and having been put together by Nick Fury for a reason you probably shouldn't hear about until you've read issue six later this month. The UFF annual is pretty unusual for me in that we're dipping into old Marvel characters (as opposed to just creating new ones and new situations) and doing the Ultimate Inhumans. It's a new take on the characters and I think you'll dig it, especially when you see the glorious artwork of Mister Jae Lee on these characters again. I was an absolute pain in the arse with Marvel regarding ythe artists on my two books, knocking back seven different proposed artists until I got the ones I wanted. Like I said, these have to be big and special and the artists had to be A-list if readers are being charged extra cash for the story.

MM

PS Not sure if they're linked here, but three of the covers are up on JQ.com this morning. The Ultimates cover spoilers issue six a little so this won't be released for a couple of weeks."

Here's what Ice is talking about. So we're lookin at all new ultimizations sounds sweet... but this is the second time he's done that this year with Ultimate Defenders and now this... It's interesting that it'll tie into Issue #6

Latest posts

Back