The Walking Dead (Image) [SPOILERS]

nigma

from some of the comments that i've heard, a few people do pick up the comic The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman. so far up to issue 21

the story begins with police officer Rick Grimes, who wakes from a long coma to find his hospital bereft of staff or patients, and littered with the living dead. Making for his house, he finds his wife and son gone, and a pair of shovel-happy strangers squatting in his neighbours' place. Befriending the pair, Grimes makes for his old precinct house, grabs some guns and a car, and heads off in search of his family.

he he ends up finding them in atlanta, with a group of people (the last surivors), who all have there own problems, they try and live in/near the area for as long as possible but when that doesn't work. things take a turn for the worst with one man dead and another turning to the other side

this is all i will tell you, expect never get attached to ANYONE.

anyone have any other comments?

nigma said:
from some of the comments that i've heard, a few people do pick up the comic The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman. so far up to issue 21

the story begins with police officer Rick Grimes, who wakes from a long coma to find his hospital bereft of staff or patients, and littered with the living dead. Making for his house, he finds his wife and son gone, and a pair of shovel-happy strangers squatting in his neighbours' place. Befriending the pair, Grimes makes for his old precinct house, grabs some guns and a car, and heads off in search of his family.

he he ends up finding them in atlanta, with a group of people (the last surivors), who all have there own problems, they try and live in/near the area for as long as possible but when that doesn't work. things take a turn for the worst with one man dead and another turning to the other side

this is all i will tell you, expect never get attached to ANYONE.

anyone have any other comments?

I love this book. I picked up the first two trades after my local comic shop owner recommended it to me, and have been buying the individual issues ever since. Speaking of which, doesn't the new issue come out tomorrow, or am I thinking of something else?

In the future, and when I have more money, I will collect Exiles, The Walking Dead and Invincible.

DIrishB said:
I love this book. I picked up the first two trades after my local comic shop owner recommended it to me, and have been buying the individual issues ever since. Speaking of which, doesn't the new issue come out tomorrow, or am I thinking of something else?

it does come out today, i just wanted to get this set up for prior feedback if possiable, and give a nudge to go pick it up,

what im still trying to figure out is, what the hell is up with the ??left handed?? black chick?

DIrishB said:
She's crazy. And apparently easy. And most likely will be causing problems for Rick and Co. in the near future.

not just rick but the relationship between the black guy (who's name i can't remember) and his girl. who caught the black girl giving it up to her man. i just couldn't stop laughing when i saw that.

nigma said:
not just rick but the relationship between the black guy (who's name i can't remember) and his girl. who caught the black girl giving it up to her man. i just couldn't stop laughing when i saw that.

Yeah, thats why I said Rick and Co., as in referring to everyone else. You're right though, I couldn't believe that scene. I guess its been awhile since I saw someone get a BJ in a comic book.

DIrishB said:
Yeah, thats why I said Rick and Co., as in referring to everyone else. You're right though, I couldn't believe that scene. I guess its been awhile since I saw someone get a BJ in a comic book.

have you read 100 bullets then

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
No, I've heard about it and seen it in stores, but have no idea what the title is even about.

qick jist is there is a man named Agent Graves, he gives you 100 bullets, untraceable, untrackable. to kill who made your life a living hell. and....BAXTER EXPLAIN IT....(cuz you can tell me better then me)

nigma said:
qick jist is there is a man named Agent Graves, he gives you 100 bullets, untraceable, untrackable. to kill who made your life a living hell. and....BAXTER EXPLAIN IT....(cuz you can tell me better then me)

Ok, so I assume its sort of an anthology series with that Graves being one of the few recurring character giving the 100 bullets to various people. Hmmm.

DIrishB said:
Ok, so I assume its sort of an anthology series with that Graves being one of the few recurring character giving the 100 bullets to various people. Hmmm.

don't you ever sleep.....what can i saw without giving away the whole story, instead im going to have you visit there main page, and a chance to read i think the 1st issue online. http://www.dccomics.com/features/100bullets/100bullets.html

nigma said:
don't you ever sleep.....

Rarely.

what can i saw without giving away the whole story, instead im going to have you visit there main page, and a chance to read i think the 1st issue online. http://www.dccomics.com/features/100bullets/100bullets.html

Cool, thanks for the link.

Just picked up Walking Dead #22, which came out today. As usual a great issue. I can't believe the chick slit her wrists over the dude cheating on her. Also was hyped by the last page. Can't wait for #23, FIST FIGHT!!! Looking forward to this one...but then again I look forward to them all. If you're not reading this title do yourself a favor and pick up the first trade...I can guarantee you won't regret it...unless you have poor taste. ;)

issue # 22

its about time someone punched the snot out of Rick, the black chick had a nice touch, going to go visit Ty when she heard he had been kicked out. and wonderfull as always.

I can't comment on issue #22 yet as my shop didn't get any o thier comics in on wensday, and I have to wait till tonight to pick anything up. I just want to say that I'm a HUGE walking dead fan and have been pimping it on this site since I picked up the first trade, its great to see people reading it.

Baxter said:
I can't comment on issue #22 yet as my shop didn't get any o thier comics in on wensday, and I have to wait till tonight to pick anything up. I just want to say that I'm a HUGE walking dead fan and have been pimping it on this site since I picked up the first trade, its great to see people reading it.

is that the only guy that has comics in your area?

Last edited:
nigma said:
is that the only guy that has comics in your area?
Yes. Yes it is. Short of an hour and a half drive into west virginia.

I just started online ordering, but that won't kick in till January.

Baxter said:

Yup, it was your recommendation that led me to pick up the first two trades. Been getting the individual issues ever since.

First off: FIST FIGHT! Second: According to the letters pages we'll be getting another issue fairly soon. Kirkman siad they'd have one out in a few weeks to make up shipping delays.

nigma said:
The basic storyline for 100 Bullets is just that, Agent Graves gives you a case with a gun, 100 bullets, and all the proof that this person made you the person you are today, then walks away leaving you to do whatever you chose. What most of the people don't know is that every case he hands out is now part of his personal war against The Trust, a shadow orginization that controls America. As the series goes on you learn more about Graves, The Trust, and the people he's armed. Some of the stories are self containted outside of Graves, some further the overall storyline and have the various people meeting up due to the manipulations of the key players. It's a beautiful blend of Noir and conspiracy theorum. It's also the only thing of Azarello's I've Loved. His Hellblazer was okay, his Batman sucked, and I didn't even try his Superman, but 100 Bullets makes it all ok.

Latest posts

Back