The Walking Dead (Image) [SPOILERS]

I do read it.

This arc with Negan is kind of slow-moving. It's not terrible, but aside from Glen's death in #100 it doesn't feel like a lot is happening. it's building and building and not really reaching what it's building toward.

I think that is just how this book is paced. It slowed down in the build up to the gov invading the prison also. It does seem to ebb and flow from the action quite a bit. I think that helps make it that much more impactful when the sh*t does hit the fan tho. In the past these slow downs have been calm before the storm so hopefully that will be the case again. I also think that because I trade wait I am less susceptible to these slow build ups. I do agree it has been slow since Glenn's death with really just a few shining moments. Carl sneaking into the saviors compound was pretty good. I think I am just looking forward to seeing Negan get whats coming to him.

I think that is just how this book is paced. It slowed down in the build up to the gov invading the prison also. It does seem to ebb and flow from the action quite a bit. I think that helps make it that much more impactful when the sh*t does hit the fan tho. In the past these slow downs have been calm before the storm so hopefully that will be the case again. I also think that because I trade wait I am less susceptible to these slow build ups. I do agree it has been slow since Glenn's death with really just a few shining moments. Carl sneaking into the saviors compound was pretty good. I think I am just looking forward to seeing Negan get whats coming to him.

Absolutely a good point. It has always been pretty slow.

And yes, there have definitely been some good moments in this arc. I don't think it's bad, just that it's hard to know what to say about it when you're waiting for things to happen.

I don't think it's bad, just that it's hard to know what to say about it when you're waiting for things to happen.

Hahahahaha you know, that is a perfect way of putting it. And when things do happen they happen quick, out of the blue. And then you are back to waiting for more things to happen.

I think I prefer it that way tho versus say a Marvel or DC book where things never stop happening ad its just event to event.

Hahahahaha you know, that is a perfect way of putting it. And when things do happen they happen quick, out of the blue. And then you are back to waiting for more things to happen.

I think I prefer it that way tho versus say a Marvel or DC book where things never stop happening ad its just event to event.

Right. I have no problem with it whatsoever, and the book has been totally solid since the beginning, it's just hard to discuss it month to month because the changes month to month are so minimal a lot of the time.

But I have no issue with that format. Or the TV show for that matter, and that seems to be a common complaint with it, that nothing ever happens. People might now agree but the comic and TV show both do a masterful job at world building and setting the tone for their respective universes. I like them both a lot.

I do read the book monthly but it reads much better by far in trades (or hardcovers).

I find this book boring when I read it monthly but I have discovered the two times I have read huge chunks of it in one sitting, thats it really amazing.

Apparently there are some rumblings that Warren Ellis is going to be writing a second Walking Dead ongoing.

Has anyone heard this?

No but I did hear that he will be working with TWD's Gale Ann Hurd on a new TV show that I believe he will be writing. Maybe that's it?

There have been rumors of a spin off of The Walking Dead TV series, so maybe. Has Ellis ever written for television before? No matter, I love his approach to dialogue and integrating high science concepts into interesting and believable comic stories, so I could see him fitting in well with a spinoff of the main show that perhaps explores the origin of the zombie plague.

No but I did hear that he will be working with TWD's Gale Ann Hurd on a new TV show that I believe he will be writing. Maybe that's it?

Maybe...

There have been rumors of a spin off of The Walking Dead TV series, so maybe. Has Ellis ever written for television before? No matter, I love his approach to dialogue and integrating high science concepts into interesting and believable comic stories, so I could see him fitting in well with a spinoff of the main show that perhaps explores the origin of the zombie plague.

I want to say yes he has, but I can't remember what it was if he did.

Slightly off topic but on the topic of comic writers working in TV:

I've been watching Da Vinci's Demons, a show about a young Leonardo Da Vinci in Florence during and after the time of the Pazzi Conspiracy. It was created by David S. Goyer.

In Season 2, an episode is co-written by Jonathan Hickman, and another by Matt Fraction. I found that interesting.

Slightly off topic but on the topic of comic writers working in TV:

I've been watching Da Vinci's Demons, a show about a young Leonardo Da Vinci in Florence during and after the time of the Pazzi Conspiracy. It was created by David S. Goyer.

In Season 2, an episode is co-written by Jonathan Hickman, and another by Matt Fraction. I found that interesting.

Don't forget Brian K. Vaughan writing Lost.

But yeah, this is off-topic.

Latest posts

Back