The Walking Dead (TV series)

The only person I'm flat out annoyed by is Glenn because he's such a punching bag.
I don't know how much faith I'll have in the progression of the character but I think the talk with Maggie in this past episode was him saying he realized he was the punching bag and was gonna quit that. But seeing how he's still the runner in the comics up to this point I don't see how this is gonna happen.

To Sophia specifically? Because one of the huge selling points of the comic is that things like this happen all the time. The only characters that seem safe are Rick and Carl, and even they have lost a hand an an eye, respectively.
Actually not to Sophia at all. Because I said to my friend I want to see the "little-off, are you my mommy" Sophia later on. My thoughts were that I almost wish that Kirkman had other characters killed off in these ways in the comics as well. I think I was hoping for new kills and situations like this when I saw in season 1 that they had all these extra random people at the camp but instead they're not using new characters.

The glacial pacing of this show really bothers me. At this rate we won't see the governor til like season 15. It's like The Walking Dead: The Soap Opera.

And Laurie couldn't possibly be more stupid or annoying.

This last episode was SO bad. Literally NOTHING happened.

I saw a quote from Kirkman yesterday(?) that they have cast someone to play the Gov in season 3. Meanwhile season 2 is winding down and they are STILL on the damn farm. So either the Gov doesn't appear til the end of S3 or they are gonna skip (or more likely change) the early prison stuff.

It looks like in next weeks episodes everyone talks to each other and some characters don't get along. :roll:

This last episode was SO bad. Literally NOTHING happened.

I don't understand how you feel that literally nothing happened this past episode. These past two episodes have had the most happen since Carl got shot at the beginning of the season. There were about 5 episodes in a row after that that were mostly people crying. I feel like since they came back from the break they've finally started to be interesting again.

But I agree that they need to get off the farm soon or at least have another confrontation with the others because the stories have been stagnating this season.

I don't understand how you feel that literally nothing happened this past episode. These past two episodes have had the most happen since Carl got shot at the beginning of the season. There were about 5 episodes in a row after that that were mostly people crying. I feel like since they came back from the break they've finally started to be interesting again.

But I agree that they need to get off the farm soon or at least have another confrontation with the others because the stories have been stagnating this season.

Perhaps it was that the episode ended exactly where it began with some talking/crying/fighting in between? I didn't see a lot that actually advanced the plot. I am sorta curious as to what you think actually happened last ep that moved things forward? I get the whole
Rick finally confronted Shane thing
. But that actually led to nothing except more "hard feelings" and more talking. Bleh. I mean the whole season has been at the farm. Laurie is "home" eating cucumber slices and giving relationship advice? SO lame.

The book does a better job at characterization with about 1/3rd the crappy dialog. That's my opinion anyway.

Perhaps it was that the episode ended exactly where it began with some talking/crying/fighting in between? I didn't see a lot that actually advanced the plot. I am sorta curious as to what you think actually happened last ep that moved things forward? I get the whole
Rick finally confronted Shane thing
. But that actually led to nothing except more "hard feelings" and more talking. Bleh. I mean the whole season has been at the farm. Laurie is "home" eating cucumber slices and giving relationship advice? SO lame.

The book does a better job at characterization with about 1/3rd the crappy dialog. That's my opinion anyway.

fair enough, and I get what you're saying. I haven't read the comics (except flipping through the first graphic novel). I guess I watched the episode and saw it as set up for
Carl shooting Shane at the end of the season
(I assume). Shane has been having beef with everyone but
he and Rick have been walking on egg shells around each other
until now, and knowing how the first arc of the comic ends, I can see where this is probably leading.

I also think the deal with
Hershel's daughter (Beth)
sort of redeemed
Andrea.
Not that I would condone her methods of
dealing with Beth
in real life, but I've kind of felt like she was just an idiot for this whole season and that turned around after this episode.

This episode was about
Rick and Shane, and Andrea

Either way though, it was the fighting and zombies in the middle that made it a better episode in my mind than we've seen in a while (with the exception of meeting the others last week).

I feel like these characters are just becoming so one dimensional: Rick is the leader, Shane is the dick, Lori is the whiny wife, Dale is the old man who hates Shane, Carol is mousy and depressed, Andrea is pro-suicide, Daryl has a crossbow, blah, blah, blah.

Some of those are jokes, but seriously, I feel like the characters are having the same fights week after week. It's getting to the point where I don't like any of the characters on the show.

I feel like these characters are just becoming so one dimensional: Rick is the leader, Shane is the dick, Lori is the whiny wife, Dale is the old man who hates Shane, Carol is mousy and depressed, Andrea is pro-suicide, Daryl has a crossbow, blah, blah, blah.

Some of those are jokes, but seriously, I feel like the characters are having the same fights week after week. It's getting to the point where I don't like any of the characters on the show.

Yes.

okay well this I agree with. I was just saying at least the past two episodes had some intense parts and felt like (to me at least) that they were building up to the climax of the season.

They are building up to the death of the only compelling character on the show (Shane), which is stupid. With him gone, the show will be losing a lot.

Any thoughts on last nights episode??? I thought it probably could be considered the best in the whole second season other than the episode where they found the little girl. And then them killing
Dale
. His death was the wake-up call the group need.

Any thoughts on last nights episode??? I thought it probably could be considered the best in the whole second season other than the episode where they found the little girl. And then them killing
Dale
. His death was the wake-up call the group need.
I don't know how I feel about it. I thought that most of the episode sucked. I think these actors might actually be pretty bad. I'm not sure yet. Andrea wasn't consistent this episodes, Rick hasn't been the last two episodes, T-Dogg....er, yeah, he's consistent at nothing. Dale was whiny, Carl was stupid. Why did they bother making a "The Walking Dead show" if they're gonna really leave out the best parts. I mean
Dale's death
was awesome in the books. I'm about 35% enjoying this, 15% intrigued, but mostly disappointed for bad characterizations but moreso that this isn't "The Walking Dead".

Latest posts

Back