The Walking Dead (TV series)

This show annoys me because of its mediocrity.

I was really disappointed in the well scene. No need to use the well since there were 4 other wells on the farm. No need to voluntarily send Glenn down there. Just stupid the whole thing was just stupid.

I'm wondering where the rest of the Green clan is. After the look Maggie and Herschel gave each other I'm more confident they're gonna show us the barn soon. And I saw some new faces during Otis' funeral. Who were they?

The fact that Maggie used the "This is a one time deal" line might make up for the fact that we didn't get any hint of frustration out of Glenn about being alone throughout the the entirety of the series show far. Probably because there's no Allen and Donna, no Tyrese, and Dale and Andrea don't seem to be going anywhere but they're sure as hell making Dale out to be an old pervert. So Glenn hasn't had a chance to be jealous of anyone so I'm not really hip-hip-hooraying for his getting it on with Maggie yet.

A bar guest I had today was complaining about how the show wasn't any different than any other zombie shows and I said some of the stuff coming up should be cool but then again I don't think they're gonna be doing anything like the comics. Keeping main characters and not introducing enough to kill is going to end this show. And I'm hearing a lot of complaints stirring up.

Let's hope they know what direction to stay on here.

Better episode this week. Darryl's a great character. I get that Andrea is developing but I can't take a liking to her. I think it's a good casting choice and all but she's annoying the hell out of me. Good **** with the barn there. Anytime they stay true to the comic gets me more excited for the show.

Better episode this week. Darryl's a great character. I get that Andrea is developing but I can't take a liking to her. I think it's a good casting choice and all but she's annoying the hell out of me. Good **** with the barn there. Anytime they stay true to the comic gets me more excited for the show.

I wish Andrea was more like she is in the comic. She's pretty unique as far as the group goes. I would like to have the dynamic she has in the comic with Rick in the show.

This week was a good Darryl episode. Glen is too much of a wimp to be likable though, which is disappointing because that's clearly what they are going for. It's not working.

I agree. I'm still having a hard time getting into the show. Possibly because I don't really like any of the characters, besides the guy with the cross bow.

Interested to see what's up with that barn though.

Exactly, Daryl has turned into the only interesting character. I used to like Glen and Shane and Rick, they're all either annoying or just plain forgettable now (don't get me started on Andrea).

And yes, the barn piqued my interest. I've never read the comic, so I didn't see that coming at all!

Quick question: What was up with
the necklace of zombie ears that Daryl made after he fell off the cliff and was attacked by the two zombies
? It seemed like a strange thing for him to do, and I noticed when he got back to the farm the others commented on it as well.

Quick question: What was up with
the necklace of zombie ears that Daryl made after he fell off the cliff and was attacked by the two zombies
? It seemed like a strange thing for him to do, and I noticed when he got back to the farm the others commented on it as well.

It's just to show his going off the edge a bit. Think about primitive societies and how they would do the same thing with "trophies" of their defeated. Remember the hallucination he had with his brothers was a projection of his own feelings. He feels like he's lower than the group and that he's white trash to the them.

My huge problem with it is he doesn't seem to have any regard of putting infected flesh on his own body that is covered with open wounds.

2011-11-14.jpg

It's just to show his going off the edge a bit. Think about primitive societies and how they would do the same thing with "trophies" of their defeated. Remember the hallucination he had with his brothers was a projection of his own feelings. He feels like he's lower than the group and that he's white trash to the them.

My huge problem with it is he doesn't seem to have any regard of putting infected flesh on his own body that is covered with open wounds.

That makes sense. I didn't know if had anything to do with something in Season 1. I only seen the new season.

I'm really torn about this now. I mean I actually liked
Sophia's demise
and I'm gonna love the reaction from everyone about it. I almost wish something like this happened in the comics as well. And I think some of these angles are some things that Kirkman wanted to write into the stories but felt with the farm storyline as it was nothing extra was needed. Everything's the same in the show and absolutely nothing's the same. I guess I don't really feel like I'm watching The Walking Dead but I'm actually just watching another good zombie saga. But does that make me disappointed that it's not exactly The Walking Dead. There's so many panels I want to see actually happen and with absent and dead characters that might never happen. Still I'm on board with the show. Very good first half of the season with the exception of that one episode I think came before the Darryl one.

Last edited:
I liked the episode. Really the best so far this season by a large margin.

Dale is annoying as hell. I'm not sure what he was trying to gain by
hiding the guns in that swamp.

I liked the episode. Really the best so far this season by a large margin.

Dale is annoying as hell. I'm not sure what he was trying to gain by
hiding the guns in that swamp.

It was a desperate attempt to keep Shane from taking matters into his own hands. Dale knew, that Shane would either go after the Walkers in the barn (risking being forced off the farm) or possible fly off the handle in a fight for control and shoot someone in the group if he didn't get his way. He also probably thought going to Rick with this wouldn't work cause, Rick and Shane were partners. And Rick would have a very hard time seeing Shane that way. Taking the guns away seem reasonable to him.

The only person I'm flat out annoyed by is Glenn because he's such a punching bag.

I was really annoyed by Carl because he was such a wuss but he really stepped up in the last episode. Hopefully he keeps it up.

I'm really torn about this now. I mean I actually liked
Sophia's demise
and I'm gonna love the reaction from everyone about it. I almost wish something like this happened in the comics as well.

To Sophia specifically? Because one of the huge selling points of the comic is that things like this happen all the time. The only characters that seem safe are Rick and Carl, and even they have lost a hand an an eye, respectively.

Everything's the same in the show and absolutely nothing's the same. I guess I don't really feel like I'm watching The Walking Dead but I'm actually just watching another good zombie saga. But does that make me disappointed that it's not exactly The Walking Dead. There's so many panels I want to see actually happen and with absent and dead characters that might never happen. Still I'm on board with the show.

I totally agree with this.

Latest posts

Back