The Walking Dead (TV series)

Check out these trailers for the new season.

[video=youtube;grWV8WZtAQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWV8WZtAQc[/video]

[video=youtube;5Vsq_Kfu6VI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vsq_Kfu6VI[/video]

When does it start up again? October 9th or 16th or something, right?

EDIT: i looked it up, it's Oct 16th.

Also, I just watched the webisodes.

Last edited:
I felt like there weren't any commercials for the first half hour or 45 minutes of the show. I think that's why they crammed them all in during the last half. I was pleased with the episode. Felt like once again they're going in the same direction as the comics with adding a few original side stories. Though it's clear they're leaving certain characters out. No point in introducing Tyrese with Shane around. Too many Alpha males at that point. I was also a bit disappointed that they're heading to the farm this early. I thought most of the season was going to deal with them trying to survive on the road. Putting my knowledge of the book aside though I think the show's going to do pretty well. The make-up is great too.

I enjoyed the episode more this week. However, my friends and I were mostly ignoring the dialogue in the middle and cracking terribly lame zombie jokes all the way through.

You know the classic: what do vegetarian zombies say? Graaaaiiinnns!

we just kept that thread going:
What do zombies in their underwear say? Haaaannnneess!
What does a virgin zombie do? Abstaaainnnsss
What does a Cypress Hill Zombie say? Inssaaannee in the Membraaannnee

Last edited:
No one here has any thoughts on the further deviation from the comics? I mean I
didn't even get a chance to react to Otis physical change
. Jesus... Well my every one I know seems to be happy with the show so I guess it's all good so far.

Just starting watching this show, and I'm not sure what I think about it. The woman who is married to the sheriff is annoying as hell though.

No one here has any thoughts on the further deviation from the comics? I mean I
didn't even get a chance to react to Otis physical change
. Jesus... Well my every one I know seems to be happy with the show so I guess it's all good so far.

I don't really care for it. It isn't so much the deviation from the comic book. It's the fact that I haven't seen one change that I think is an improvement over the comic. Honestly if they would just kill Shane already that would be a good start. I like the dynamic in the comic between Rick and Tyrese and you just don't get that from Rick and Shane. I am also not enjoying the pace of this new season. So far there has been a lot of sitting in a room crying and waiting and talking.

Just starting watching this show, and I'm not sure what I think about it. The woman who is married to the sheriff is annoying as hell though.

She is. I can't put my finger on why but I find her irritating and unlikeable and not a character you sympathize with at all.

Yes.

I am also not enjoying the pace of this new season. So far there has been a lot of sitting in a room crying

YES!

Last edited:

To be fair I never liked her much in the book either. I think it was a way to prove that their relationship was falling apart because of her and not Rick. She can't handle the world now and she has to come to the realization that she has always needed Rick in her life. With that being said I think she's playing the role nicely.

No one here has any thoughts on the further deviation from the comics?

My memory is so bad that I don't even notice things that are different. And I prefer it that way. I don't feel like it has to be a panel-for-panel remake of the comic.

Don't get me wrong. I don't either. The first season was going on track with the books and adding some pretty cool things. I'm only worried about the recent death and a ton of major characters left out that I wanted to see life. The twins, Tyrese, and nearly ALL of Herschel's kids.

Latest posts

Back