The Walking Dead (TV series)

Did anyone else not care at all when
Dale died?
Since I've started watching the show I feel like he's always just been really, really annoying and preachy. Especially that last episode.

I don't know, guys...I am also a little disappointed that it isn't following the comic more closely, but this half of the season is tons better than the first half and probably the last half (or so) of the first season. I haven't not seen the most recent episode yet, so I don't know if much changes then, but I can't imagine it would. Lori is stupid and Darryl just seems badly written (what on Earth is he THAT angry about?) but Shane is great, and the "adventure" parts (the altercation in the bar, the discovery of the prison) have been great. I really liked the tension in the bar scene.

I'm enjoying it.

When did they discover the prison? Was that when Shane was stuck on the bus?

I was just about to ask that. I saw all but the last ep and haven't seen the prison yet.

Edit: Last ep (18 miles out?) Rick and Shane showed up with Randall at the County public works building. I initially took it as the prison.

Last edited:
Edit: Last ep (18 miles out?) Rick and Shane showed up with Randall at the County public works building. I initially took it as the prison.

Oops - I did too. I haven't seen the most recent episode. My mistake.

Oops - I did too. I haven't seen the most recent episode. My mistake.

If you are like me it was probably wishful thinking.

I read book 8 (the issues where the gov returns) on saturday and that was so awesome and disturbing that I just haven't been able to muster up any desire to watch the latest episode.

So umm, now people turn into zombies just because they die? They don't even have to get bitten?
I've seen people guess that it's possible that everyone is already infected, and that when they die (and don't suffer any head trauma), then they go zombie. Bites, scratches and all seem to affect them faster.

This looks to be the case as Kirkman said in an interview on TV Line that when you look closely at the dead non-zombie people from the highway, they all had traumas to the head, so they were completely dead and in no way coming back to life as undead creatures looking for human flesh.

well, okay. Though, I thought they had established last season that being infected with the disease kills you...

Last edited:
I've seen people guess that it's possible that everyone is already infected, and that when they die (and don't suffer any head trauma), then they go zombie. Bites, scratches and all seem to affect them faster.

This looks to be the case as Kirkman said in an interview on TV Line that when you look closely at the dead non-zombie people from the highway, they all had traumas to the head, so they were completely dead and in no way coming back to life as undead creatures looking for human flesh.

Or maybe you can become infected without bites. Like maybe the reason Shane was all erratic all the time was because he was infected.

Last night was a pretty solid finale. Once again I just think the flaws come out when characters decide to speak. Carol doesn't trust Rick even though he's kept them alive the ENTIRE time? Laurie was practically whispering in Rick's ear to kill Shane two eps ago and now she's mad he defended himself against him and killed him (making their life a bit easier in the living hell they're at now).

Of course I could forgive all of that because of the two major reveals in the end. But then again that just makes me think they're going to stay truer to the comics but I forgot for a second that it's not possible with some of the people they killed off earlier this season.

I thought the finale was really good. I thought the whole season was good overall, even with its obvious problems.

Glad to see Shane dead. I think it would've been better if Carl killed him and would've made Lori's outrage at Rick make more sense, but whatever.

Dale's death was well done. He was kind of whiny; glad to see him dead, too.

Carl is just stupid. And kind of a crappy character. Maybe the writers don't know how to write him or Lori; I don't know.

Darryl is great. Need more Darryl.

Carol and T-Dog are complete wastes. I get that Carol is supposed to be some kind of voice or reason and humanity or whatever, but she's not good at it and contributes next to nothing.

Jimmy's death was cool but meaningless; I completely forgot he even existed when he was killed and thought it was Carol but couldn't figure out how she got in the RV.

I'm also impressed with Hershel. I hope he sticks around and compliments Rick's character, because Lori sure isn't doing it.

And Michonne - very cool! I liked how her actual appearance was an homage to the comic.

I saw a review of the episode where someone called Rick the Cyclops of the group and I thought that was brilliant. It further compared Rick/Shane to Cyclops/Wolverine and I thought that was good too. But Cyclops - yes, that's dead on. You can't really like him and you can't really tell what's he's done to get respect, but you respect him anyway.

Laurie was practically whispering in Rick's ear to kill Shane two eps ago and now she's mad he defended himself against him and killed him (making their life a bit easier in the living hell they're at now).

^ This. I think it's the horror of realizing that Carl had a part in the whole mess but if that's the case it could've been explained better, because instead of looking like a mother in shock, which would make sense, she just looks like an idiot.

Last night was a pretty solid finale. Once again I just think the flaws come out when characters decide to speak. Carol doesn't trust Rick even though he's kept them alive the ENTIRE time? Laurie was practically whispering in Rick's ear to kill Shane two eps ago and now she's mad he defended himself against him and killed him (making their life a bit easier in the living hell they're at now).

Of course I could forgive all of that because of the two major reveals in the end. But then again that just makes me think they're going to stay truer to the comics but I forgot for a second that it's not possible with some of the people they killed off earlier this season.

Yes, to all of this.

Maybe the writers don't know how to write him [Carl] or Lori; I don't know.

Darryl is great. Need more Darryl.

Carol and T-Dog are complete wastes.

I'm also impressed with Hershel. I hope he sticks around and compliments Rick's character, because Lori sure isn't doing it.
and to all of this.

And Michonne - very cool! I liked how her actual appearance was an homage to the comic.
I had no idea who this was, so i looked her up. Seems like a cool character.

I thought I was probably going to drop the show after this season, but now I'm intrigued for next season.

I'm agree with everyone. Solid finale.

Having not read the comics, I thought it was cool to see the chick with the sword (who I now understand as being a pretty iconic character from the series) and the prison in the end was cool, too. When I read about the comics, I read about a prison. I can't wait to see what it's all about.

Despite the poor characterization (Carol, Lori, and Carl), I did really like what happened to Rick here. Throughout the show so far, he's been a very passive lead character. Obnoxiously so, too. Now, after he's killed Shane, Rick is beginning to feel the gravity of the situation. I even thought he SOUNDED like Shane at the end about how his hands are clean. Great development (finally) for Rick. I read an interview where Kirkman said he does not care about whether or not what they do next with Rick will "alienate" the audience as long as it is compelling. It was really well put from Kirkman so I do have faith for this show developing its characters going forward.

I highly recommend the comic. It's really good - better than the show. It's slowed down lately but the first 50 issues were no holds barred insane.

The appearance of Michonne was by the far best minute of this series yet. I loved how they made her dead on to the comic. And the shot of the prison raised my excitement level too. Every time I think I'm out on this show I get pulled in. And E is correct. The comics are infinitely better than the show.

So if everyone is infected does that take away from the danger of other people who are alive? If you knew that everyone who dies whose brain is intact becomes a walker wouldn't you be less likely to kill people, even if it is over resources?

So if everyone is infected does that take away from the danger of other people who are alive? If you knew that everyone who dies whose brain is intact becomes a walker wouldn't you be less likely to kill people, even if it is over resources?

I don't think so. If someones a threatening enough to think about killing them before, I don't think this would change that. Just shoot them in the head.

And probably not everyone knows that everyone is infected. I might be more hesitant to kill someone who is a serious threat if I know they're going to turn into a zombie, but if they don't feel the same way about me/don't know then I'd still rather just kill them twice (or thoroughly) than be killed by them.

Hypothetically.

Latest posts

Back