The Weird News thread

Re: Lithium's Weird News of the Day

...and to think, i didnt even know there was a museum of sex. :roll:

I think if you walk into the museum of sex, the last thing you want to see is anything even remotely resembling or having to do with Hilary Clinton.

E said:
I think if you walk into the museum of sex, the last thing you want to see is anything even remotely resembling or having to do with Hilary Clinton.

Speak for yourself

Bring on them hairy NIPS!

E said:
It's a competition now. You guys have to try and out-weird each other.

theres just one problem with that.....how often am i on now-a-days?

nigma said:
theres just one problem with that.....how often am i on now-a-days?

Quality over quantity.

Re: Nigmas Crazy News Stories...that are TRUE!!

upon E's Request...sort'a...not really...some stuff for ya....

Indian boy who bit dogs rescued from life in chains
the link
KOLKATA (Reuters) - Authorities in Indian state of West Bengal rescued a 15-year-old boy tied to a tree for nine years because he used to bite dogs and goats besides gnawing on the feet of relatives and neighbours, officials said on Wednesday.

Rahul Amin Dhali was just six when he first bit a dog in Biramnagar village, 60 km (40 miles) north of Kolkata, the state capital, they said. A few days later he tasted the flesh of a family member.

"We chose to ignore the issue since he was just a child but it turned worse with every passing day," Rahman Dhali, the boy's father, told Reuters.

Rahul later wandered off in the village and bit a goat grazing in a field before nibbling at the paws of the neighbour's pet dog, leaving Rahman, a poor farmer, flummoxed.

When neighbours' complaints increased, the Dhalis chained their son by the wrist to a tree in front of their house, where the boy has since been taught to read.

"We found him tied to a tree with a long chain near a pond and he seemed very sick to us," said Sushanata Dutta, a senior government official who organised Monday's rescue mission after being told of Rahul's condition by village health workers.

"Dhali had the habit of nibbling at his hands and feet when he failed to lure dogs and cats for a bite," Dutta added.

Doctors said the boy was suffering from a serious neurological disorder and was admitted to a psychiatric hospital in Kolkata on Tuesday for treatment.

"Everyone was scared about Dhali because they thought he was a demon possessed with evil powers, but actually he should be fine with several months of treatment," Ranadip Ghosh Roy, one of the doctors treating Rahul, told Reuters.

and another one for kicks, talk about a long rap sheet.

Nebraska man arrested for 226th time

the link

LINCOLN, Neb. - Kevin Holder's rap sheet is 43 pages long, dating back to 1980, and he just got another entry — his 226th arrest. Police say they caught him Sunday morning after a brief chase and found burglar tools in his possession.
"He's very well-known to Lincoln police officers," Police Chief Tom Casady said.

Holder's convictions include criminal mischief, marijuana possession, violation of protection order, assault, resisting arrest, assault on an officer, possession of cocaine. Many were misdemeanors, but he also has been sentenced to at least three prison terms for felonies, including a four-year stretch starting in 1996.

"Your average Nebraskan thinks after a prisoner has committed a certain number of crimes (he) will be put away for a long period of time. That doesn't happen," Casady said.

Lancaster County Attorney Gary Lacey said Holder was charged Tuesday with felony possession of burglar tools and prosecutors will urge a judge to treat Holder as a habitual criminal. With another felony conviction, that could result in a sentence of up to 60 years. Holder remained behind bars Tuesday afternoon.

Holder's list of arrests doesn't come close to setting a record for Lincoln-Lancaster County. He's No. 40, police spokeswoman Katherine Finnell said Tuesday.

A number of people have more than 500 arrests in the city of 226,000 people. The record was held by Edward Rooks, who died in 2004, with 652 arrests.

a hat full of tricks, this would be post number 3 in this thread tonight...and and now its a fact, americans care more about everything else, then they do there own history.

Current events dwarfed by pop culture...

the link

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Three quarters of Americans can correctly identify two of Snow White's seven dwarfs while only a quarter can name two Supreme Court Justices, according to a poll on pop culture released on Monday.

According to the poll by Zogby International, commissioned by the makers of a new online game on pop culture called "Gold Rush," 57 percent of Americans could identify
J.K. Rowling's fictional boy wizard as
Harry Potter, while only 50 percent could name the British prime minister,
Tony Blair.

The pollsters spoke to 1,213 people across the United States. The results had a margin of error of 2.9 percentage points.

Just over 60 percent of respondents were able to name Bart as Homer's son on the television show "The Simpsons," while only 20.5 percent were able to name one of the ancient Greek poet Homer's epic poems, "The Iliad" and "The Odyssey."

Asked what planet Superman was from, 60 percent named the fictional planet Krypton, while only 37 percent knew that Mercury is the planet closest to the sun.

Respondents were far more familiar with the Three Stooges -- Larry, Curly and Moe -- than the three branches of the U.S. government -- judicial, executive and legislative. Seventy-four percent identified the former, 42 percent the latter.

Twice as many people (23 percent) were able to identify the most recent winner of the television talent show "American Idol," Taylor Hicks, as were able to name the Supreme Court Justice confirmed in January 2006,
Samuel Alito (11 percent).

Day 3-

Guards, Father acquitted for trying to scare boy straight.

Cnews said:
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- A father and four guards at a juvenile detention center were acquitted Thursday of breaking the law by taking the man's teenage son on a frightening visit to the lockup in hopes of scaring him straight.

"I don't think what you did rises to criminal conduct," Judge David Cashman said in acquitting the five men on charges that included conspiracy, child endangerment and unlawful restraint. "Stupid, maybe. Immature. But not criminal."

Anthony Donald, 39, of Penn Hills, was charged for taking his son Anthony Jr., then 13, to Shuman Juvenile Detention Center in 2005 after the boy got in trouble at school. The father knew several guards at the Pittsburgh center.

In a one-hour visit, the boy was beaten and yelled at, then forced to partially strip and clean a sink with a toothbrush, authorities said.

After the teenager told his mother what happened, she took him to the hospital for treatment of bruises and authorities were notified.

Five guards were fired. The guards acknowledged trying to frighten the boy but denied he was beaten.

The father's attorney, John Elash, said the boy, Anthony Donald Jr., an eighth-grader who stood 6-foot-1 and weighed 260 pounds, had threatened teachers and "had everybody scared to death at school."

LInk

Why is it that whenever my area gets in the news its for something completly moronic? I mean the last two times were the penis in the microwave and the zombie dogs story.

Get your act together pittsburgh.

Baxter said:
Why is it that whenever my area gets in the news its for something completly moronic? I mean the last two times were the penis in the microwave and the zombie dogs story.

Get your act together pittsburgh.

Penis in the microwave? :shock:

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Penis in the microwave? :shock:
Yeah, a woman walked into a gas station, asked to use a microwave then ran off when it started to smell. The clerk checked inside and found what looked to be a charred penis. After a little investigation it was revealed to be a prostetic that is used to smuggle urine into drug tests. I guess she thought it needed warmed up.

Planet-man said:
Zombie dogs?
Dispite its persistant reputation as a steel town Pittsburgh has turned into quite the biotech city. Recently one of them found a way to reanimate a dog after a saline solution had been run through it. We even had a thread on it somewhere here...

today takes us to Olympia Washington-

the title-

Justice For All, Except Steelers Fans

The Bodage File said:
08-09) 13:26 PDT Olympia, Wash. (AP) --

A state panel has disciplined three judges, including a Tacoma jurist who ordered courtroom cheers for the Super Bowl-bound Seattle Seahawks before issuing a manslaughter sentence.

The state Commission on Judicial Conduct gave each judge an admonishment, the panel's lowest-ranking punishment, in rulings released Friday.

Pierce County Superior Court Judge Beverly Grant's discipline stems from a Feb. 3 hearing in which she sentenced Steve Keo Teang to 13 1/2 years for manslaughter in the 2005 shooting death of Tino Patricelli, 28.

Before the proceedings, Grant asked about 100 people in court to say "Go Seahawks" before taking their seats. Dissatisfied with the low volume of the response, she repeated the request.

to read the rest go here.

todays news-

Workers at U.S. candy company see Virgin Mary

CNews said:
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. (AP) - Workers at a chocolate company have discovered a five-centimetre-tall column of chocolate drippings they believe bears a striking resemblance to the Virgin Mary.

Since the discovery of the drippings under a vat Monday, employees of Bodega Chocolates have spent much of their time hovering over the tiny figure, praying and placing rose petals and candles around it.

"I was raised to believe in the Virgin Mary, but this still gives me the chills," company co-owner Martucci Angiano said as she balanced the dark brown figure in her hand during an interview Thursday.

"Everyone should see this."

Kitchen worker Cruz Jacinto was the first to spot the lump of melted chocolate when she began her shift Monday cleaning up drippings that had accumulated under a large vat of dark chocolate.

Chocolate drippings usually harden in thin, flat strips on wax paper, but Jacinto said she froze when she noticed the unusual shape of this cast-off: It looked just like the Virgin Mary on the prayer card she always carries in her right pocket.

"When I come in, the first thing I do is look at the clock, but this time I didn't look at the clock. My eyes went directly to the chocolate," said Jacinto, as she paused from her work.

"I thought: 'Am I the only one who can see this?' I picked it up and I felt emotion just come over me."

"For me, it was a sign."

the rest of the article can be found here

Why is it that people only see Virgin Mary or Jesus or *insert generic religious figure here* in foodstuffs? Are we all that desperate to eat our idols and if so, why are there not more stories of celebrities being eaten?

Latest posts

Back